Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

¤ Jackson Chronicles ¤

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera

(This is all IC, Please Refrain from posting anything or metagaming any info)

Wednesday, 19th of LightShine, 2259 - Season of Birth

I am starting this journal so that many shall hear of my many ventures, whether exciting or not.

Today I decided to explore a place more to home... Riddleport’s sewers. Why well it seemed more than it was and I was correct while exploring I found a sort of secret base underneath, I felt a cold and icy shiver go up my spine and felt I needed to turn back, but when my body says no, then I must continue and as I descended into the on-going filth, to discover what secrets it held, I made myself wary of the potential traps that might be laying in my path. Soon I came across some potted trees sitting on the cobble stone walkway next to the passing water, I wonder who may have put them there and as I continued I came across more and more until I came into a large open room with an old fountain within it, and many doorways one made of gold, and about two made of quartz..

I Explored more coming upon what I think was an old magma forge; it had similar stone as that of the one Telvor runs. I then left there and came upon a room that, I figured was used for Enchanting Items for there were about three tables to do so… I left there and found myself lost in a maze of cobble stone occasionally passing some open lava pockets… then I found someone’s fishing pool... how grotesque to be fishing down here. Then I came out into the open room once more... and noticed a path of water and praying to Jax and taking a chance I swam into it and held onto some vines that were grown into the ceiling, thus I came out into the river far from where I began.. More adventures to follow.

Last edited:

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Wednesday 19th of LightShine, 2259 - Season of Birth
I went back to explore the open room finding it may have been a greyling's refuge I fled with a few books I had found... wonder what secrets they may hold. After reading the books they held some strang info on certain Murrgarog... I returned them back to the chest they came and hope someday to aquire and keep them... after returning them I searched for more but was unlucky. This adventure is finished... for now..

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Thursday, 20th of LightShine, 2259 - Season of Birth

Today was normal, repaired some armor, gathered some wood...
I did meet Bayram today a kind Caparii, reminds me of Saluun a bit, if he was older and a store owner... gave him some mushrooms, that I had at my house.... Then he left seems we are also neighbors in the sorrowlands, by neighbors I mean he built a small shack next to my hideout in the sorrows.
After repairing my armor I had attempted to have a little adventure in the rumored Hollows that were around Port Silver and I found myself lost in its tunnels, for I had not had a guide with me.... should do that next time... I also came across a rather large hall, with pillars the size of giant clock-towers, the ceiling was so high it must have been built by giants, I attempted to find an end but to no avail... I then retreated finding it useless to continue so I shall come another day perhaps with a friend or two.... Then I put my armor away and sat around the mead a little and am now writing this here... more to follow.

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
(*Special Journal Entry*)

After Going on a long voyage, and reaching Heavens Reach, I have to say it was amazing..
First it several hours to board and few actually left... Then While on the ships storms, and sickness tried to stop our advancements, but to no avail... Then we made it to Heavens Reach a glorious feeling we all had to walk on sturdy ground, that wouldn't be covered in filthy slime (from those who were sick, coughing it up everywhere) and rain... We then came to a large iron gate, very diffrent from Port Silver whos gate is wooden.. and we were let in by our word of not having any type of drawn weapon... We sat in the great hall while the queen discussed matters with the king of Heavens reach, we then were let go to explore or sleep, while the queen and her main party discussed things... I ate some cake they had freely gave us and explored... it wasn't a large island for I had explored it in a matter of about 2-3 hours and then we found we could leave via merchant ship bound for Port Silver... It was an amazing adventure and if any would want more information about it to go search the royal library (search the forums for the info) for the book divided into six parts, known as the voyage to heavens reach.... (*End of Special Journal Entry*)

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Friday, 21st of LightShine, 2259 - Season of Birth

Nothing of interest today, went mining in the Snow area of the sorrowlands and did some renovations to my house, including adding an attic... I also cleared some seats for a man known as Janon... Ill need to ask him for payment as he said he would ... Tomorrow for now I sleep... more to follow

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
-------------------

Today I lost track of what, Day it was due to some demons known as the four sorrows, that appeared at Port Silver, I arrived after doing a few things and saw many wounded, dead and lots of fire... I hid around the mead awhile, acquiring a potion from a strange man whom wanted to help me hide, for it was a potion of invisibility... I have to go now... I fear more danger is about. I shan't die today!

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Monday, 23rd of LightShine, 2259 - Season of Harvest

I have returned to Port Silver after, the yesterdays events that occurred with the demons of sorrow, it seems to have returned to normal although word seemed to have spread because more people have shown up, as a result the mead was almost full and a stranger was giving away free items... I don't know why he didn't sell them could have made a lot of radiants... Anyways after having Janon pay me 250r, I put in a few extra windows of my home in Riddleport, payed my tax of 100r and stored some things in my attic other than, that not much of an adventurous day I'd say... more to follow

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
(*Going to skip, putting in days because its like wensday over there, but its tuesday here so... yeah*)

24th of LightShine, 2259 - Season of Harvest

In life there are days when you just feel, its the best one yet.. well I had one of my best days ever. Yesterday I finally decided I'd go fishing, met a girl named Aria.. I think that was her name.. also had to keep a look out for another person swimming nearby.. I then packed up after catching about twenty, and impressive haul if can gloat. Then I packed up and headed to the castle of doom, and within I found the nether once again, this time I came out of the large castle keeping cautious of pigmen and ghasts... I came back with two full stacks of quartz and lots of nether rack and brick.. I even snagged some glowstone. Later that day I came to the mead like I always do and chose some glowstone shiner, to celebrate my good fortune thanks to Jax, also two corrupt elves were there one seemed quite hostile and the other I had no clue about, something was off and I knew I had to be careful.. later I knew why the hostile one was harrasing a poor girl, a man drove him off but the elf came back and I felt I needed to help at that point, I knew drawing my blade could mean death by the silvercloaks but that didn't matter soon other, joined in drawing weapons and defending the girl.. I had to unfortunitly take leave, but I knew she would be safe. I took my leave because I was going to be late to a house meeting.. we saw many promoted to Magnate and chatted a bit.. then watched a dazzling array of fireworks which I had heard about but never before had seen.. It was amazing. Shortly after I came home and prayed to Jax that the girl was okay then.. went to bed. I woke up remembering I had to jot down what had occured on such a fun, yet nerve-racking day... More to follow

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
25th of LightShine, 2259 - Season of Harvest

Today was all but uneventful... did some personal mining and smelting thus aquiring emeralds... also the fishing today was not so great.. not much happened didn't even have time to head down to the mead like usual.. sam must've thought something was up.. well I'll be sure to order two drinks next time... more to follow

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Prologue :
I left Riddleport after the exodus and went south to carry goods to and fro across the vastly heated desert lands, I return now after a few years and will begin anew. Same name, different occupation.

I arrived via a boat that lead to the crossroads, a place I had rarely visited, only because Port Silver seems to have been ravaged by dark entities, I had thought queen grief was defeated but it seems not, or perhaps a new danger has arisen. I'll continue in parts as my adventures begin once more.

Jackson Chronicles: Part 1

Today after arriving yesterday via the port of the Crossroads, I wandered around it a bit exploring the land I had only previously been to. Port Silver seems to be walled off though I don't know why, it was the shining hub the the continent and is now inaccessible. Later I met a young elven woman by the name of Saelihn, I contemplated on talking to her in the inn or exploring. Instead I talked with her, she is putting on a play about love, and is looking for actors. She invited me after finding out I was looking to be a merchant, to her town of Calan which is a dense jungle with housing hanging from the canopies. I am intrigued as it reminds me of my travels through the vast and ever heated deserts. She seems like a cute young elf, though she was recently married to another female elf, who perished. She now prays everyday and so shall I that she may have the luck she needs to find her beloved again.

Jackson Chronicles: Part 2
Today was amazing, after doing a small amount of fishing, I traded around 10 for some ink. During fishing I met another resident of Calan, Robin she seems a little cautious which I don't think is a bad thing. Anywho after that Saelihn payed me a visit and we chatted about excavating (and yet where? I have no clue.) some dirt, she seemed really exhausted and I told her she needed some sleep, and then she hugged me of all things which I wasn't objective too of course. I hope she get's better she seems like she may be hiding something though a bit more to her story then meets the eye I believe, at one point she looked over her shoulder in a freaked out kind of way. I hope she isn't in any trouble. May luck be with us all.

Later-
I met a strange mute girl, missing an arm and in rags. She seemed innocent enough and she was as she just wanted someone to cuddle with... I know how it sounds and it was awkward as I like someone else. She led me to a tree at first, we were shaking hands when she didn't let go I just figured she wanted me to follow, which I did and that led to me sitting down and she sort of forced her way onto my lap and she then fell asleep, I wished her good luck as I went on my way, and gave her a jewel for my absence. May we meet again mute maiden.

Jackson Chronicles: Part 3

So went around buying items here and there, and met a few more townsfolk in Calan, a caparii who seems nervous or shy, I'm betting more nervous. Another human, met robin again and of course the ever beautiful Saelihn, who it seems has like a million wives (best scratch that relationship off the list), I met one of her wives today named Laurir, a very VERY rude person at that. I guess my luck isn't as good as I'd hoped, I mean I made a bet Saelihn would fall off a melon and gained 300r for it. I prayed to Jax she would and it worked... praise be Jax for that but unfortunately it doesn't make a man feel any better... more to follow.

Last edited:

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Part 4:

Today wasn't so eventful, so not much to write down. I managed to find some cocoa beans, and some ice which I sold five cubes to the local blacksmith a dwarf by the name of Thordil. He doesn't seem like the type I would hang around with much so I'll just sell to him and let that be that. After that I just wandered about looking at diffrent shops, payed a visit to Thiil a lovely town in the high mountains or perhaps hills I don't know which, I'm no geographer. I've basically taken up the role of trader, merchant, peddler what ever comes to mind if you have met me. I'll continue to look for things to gather items to sell and such till then.. more to follow.

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Part 5:

Awaking to swift winds, and the smell of the ocean nearer then ever is not always a great sign. I woke up today and wandered out of my little apartment tossing a casual fish to the caparii's cat. Upon heading down I noticed something strange, leaves and twigs here and there... nothing that weird right? No a sheep is standing out of its pen eating the grass. Heading to the pens to see what happened I saw that it had been broken open, and the ground was quite wet, like you could sink into it. Meeting up with Saelihn we began herding them back into the pen, with other pigs that had escaped, and then set out to see if there was more damage. There was quite a lot of flooding, that had taken its toll on the soil of the farming areas, I knelt down and felt it to see how thick the mud was, and it wasn't to thick so it was still full of water. Saelhin feels the gods may have had something to do with it, and at the time I didn't think that they had. That was until we had explored a few broken shrines, and then the "Great mother tree." as it were, was overgrown in vines and the forest itself seemed to growl. More animals have came into calan from the jungle meaning that they might have been afraid of something, the tree's grow more and more.... I fear the luck of calan may have run a ground... may jax give us the luck we need to stay afloat, and may Saelihn's gods keep us safe. I explored a few more areas to see if anyone else had been hit but alas none, It may have just been a bad storm, but if we are hit again I fear the rooftop housing may crumble and cause some havoc... which sounds like something I know all to well. ... more to follow.

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Part 6:

Today we found logan sick as a dog, and worse. Then Thordil gets sick too, and sae was sick before that...... a plague mabye? After a storm... and I'm only human not some elf, caparii, earthspawn or dwarf... I am out of here! At least till it blows over.. more to follow

-Extended

So.... I ran out and grabbed me a scarf and gloves to keep from bieng infected with the sickness of Calan, after that I came back and made a small storage area under my stall, and then proceeded to go to sleep, though pretty noisey cause I could hear a lot of shouting and stuff. After that I awoke to Logan telling me he was leaving... but why? Well he neglected to say as he wanted to keep that to himself.. I wonder if anything happened and if the peaceful town is still at peace.. or in a state of sadness... who knows.

*an uneven scribble is here*

Buy some ice!! *Scratched out*

Last edited:

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Part 7:
Soooo... I found Logan, and turns out he left due to feeling like he shouldn't be there anymore or at least that's what I could figure out, he was and/or still is in love with Saelihn (strange because he's a caparii and she's an elf) and he knows she has been with multiple others, which is funny because I found that out after meeting Laurir (very rude elf) and after a few days I have no clue where most people are at all... Saelhin's missing and I fear she may have wandered into the jungle alone without a map to guide her back... uuuuuuuuugh I hate it when things go sour when I'm not around.. though she may just be out of town... which she usually leaves a note like for everything.. herm.. more to follow.

(p.s. He's in Thiil now, with that other elf Ill-someone or other, and is a squire and is now going to follow Silas... weird but eh I try to stick to one god because it's easy, and Jax won't hate you for doing something good or bad due to his neutral outlook on things. )

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Part 8:

Calan seems to have died down a bit now, the seas are calm, the heat is as muggy as usual though I'll be honest... with it's open-ended veiw on living I cannot sell or trade much here.. I may just be like Logan and leave Calan, I cannot gain anything here.. I need to find a place that has a small amount of shops but needs suppliers that or I may just grab a cart or boat and make my way around the world rather then sitting in one spot.. Honestly I hate not being able to make money or gain goods, I feel like I'm nothing here. More to follow....

More-
Ok so later Saelihn is poking about my stall looking at the things I have selling, and after a chat about how my signs are not in elvish (I can't really write in elvish), she then found out I was selling ice and said she want's it to be shipped here soon.... ARE YOU TRYING TO PUT ME OUT OF BUSINESS.... and this is what I dislike about calan, great place to live not so great to have a place to sell items as everything in town everyone has access too... more to follow...

(P.S. note to self, find a new place to live that is visited a lot, has a good population, and DOESN'T let people have access to everything...)

I realize I had glossed over how strangely calm everything has become... a calm that is all the same eerie... another note to self.. keep on your toes jackson, something is going to happen and it's going to be big... more to follow.

Last edited:

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
SPECIAL ENTRY

So today, I made my way to the cathedral at the crossroads, and it seems I was not alone. Thousands made there way there, as the eerie calm surrounded us, after most prayed and some socialized Silas, a god appeared (I have never seen one before, though he seemed less a god and more a normal person, being talked to like some child) he told us the gods were bickering about staying or leaving, though leaving is bad because whatever powers were at bay when they were in there will be gone, while if they don't they may die. I hope jax is alright, I already know he has little followers but I know he should stay alive for fortune and good luck is a needed thing. Theodra a god of hunt showed up as well to tell silas to go home, which he did and then implored us to pray. I had to leave ufortunitly due to other circumstances so I do not know what happened after that... I hope nothing bad occurs..

More to Follow....

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
An eventful day.... I found Logan in the inn at the crossroads bleeding out from his now severed ear and horn... he had stated things about saelihn and some elf in black. After running back to Calan I found Laurir near a grave of Saelihns and asked what had happened, turns out Logan had seen Saelihn commit suicide and then left her body to rot out for three days, three god forsaken days. I had logan figured to be someone who would have dealt with that situation better, but I guess he had gone crazy way before that. Laurir and I confronted him and I told him we were no longer freinds, I don't trust someone who would do that. He is now exiled from Calan, and Laurir is now in charge as she was Saelihns wife. Laurir said something about her coming back somehow but I haven't heard of anything like that, and am interested as to how one does.... I jot these thoughts down now to clear my head, and hope Saelihn's soul is doing fine wherever she may be.... more to follow.

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Strange circumstances have arisen, people from a land known as "Marr" had shown up and basically taken over calan unofficially, and it's quite terrifying to note.
Saelihn's death has caused a tidal wave, Logans been let into the town again and I think he might not like me after what I had said, and I regret saying so because I was
only mad that he had left her body to rot. I myself am afraid they may change calan for the worse, and if that happens I had better get a sapling from the "Mother tree" just
for emergencies... I actually have grown to like Calan, and don't want to leave anymore or much less want to see it burned down.... I hadn't trust these two from marr, though one I had
seen before a large green earthspawn... the elf is also quite untrustworthy. They say until Saelihn returns... however they come about doing that ( I hope not necromancy ). But I fear even is she came
back they will not leave.... everyone just trusts these two but my old habits of trusting noone are returning I fear noone is truthful anymore... it's hard to figure out what to do now... I can only trust Laurir so far.. she seems the most sane, and up to date out of anyone... oh Saelihn.. get back here at once! More to follow...

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Eh.. so all in all nothing really happening so far, I sold a few things to Hathandir today, seems like a nice young elf but you never know one's true colors till they play their hand poorly. I have mostly been wandering about Calan with nothing to do really... not many people around and when they are they are usually chatting. I don't know.. I wonder what will happen when Saelihn comes back... I haven't seen logan for a bit, and with some elf guy in charge I feel less free then I used too... Who knows. Oh Hathandir built a shop today, well not all in one day but must've had it going for a small bit anywho it doesn't fit the theme of Calan, what with stalls and jungle houses. I guess I can't complain to much because I get buisness from him, infact he's my only customer in awhile... being a merchant trader is hard.. especially here. Being the only male human here is kind of boring, I wonder if I really am liked here or am just another person to be tossed around and used.. I dropped some logs off at the broken shrine so I hope whatever that Elr-whatever his name is builds it up quickly... I can't do it because I haven't a clue how to build anything really. I feel useless.. eh... Saelihn what are you up to right now? I hope your having a better time then I am.. more to follow.

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
Later-

So I after meeting Thaelif a rather strong warrior looking guy, who is now taking up art and song and music to quell his bloodlust, and a older man named Jack, I decided to come visit Saelihn's Shrine ... Sae you were caught up in a love triangle but at least you had choices... Thaelif has a lady, and so does most everyone I meet... I wonder if I will find love.. who knows I guess it all depends on where my life leads me... more to follow.