Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

☬ Kara Eldsvärt ☬

Woolsey

Lord of Altera
Name: Kara (Car-ah), Eldsvärt (Löfgren.)
Full Titles: Northern Woman.
Nickname/Alias: "The one who wears a big coat"

†Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ†

[Link to Artist]
†Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ†

†KEY INFORMATION†:
Race: Norvägen.
Social Status: Peasantry; due to the fact, Kara is no other then a farmer wearing a symbolized coat, shows she is a mere, peasant amongst nobles. But, she can also be known, as a 'Discoverer'.
Sexuality: Heterosexual.
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 145lb
Date of Birth: 24th of Springrise, 2241.
Date of Death: None
Homeland: Stormhold of the Northern Kingdom.
Current Home: Stormhold

†PHYSIOLOGY†:
Build:
Like Norvägens, she is amongst her people as a comparing hard working women. Kara's lean-bodied and hardy, toughened skin for the harsh winters, and blistering winds. Her body would have a physical fit look to it, toughened from labor in the open fields of wheat. Her hands rough from the field work, digging holes with her fingers, and pulling hay stacks, and hard farm work.
Hair: Kara's hair is a color of orange, taking in the fairness of her looks when let down, it shows her true complexion, but with her hair bundled up, it shows the hard-working woman of, Kara.
Eyes: Cold as ice, taking in the color of a beautiful, blue sky, eyes like ice they may say.
Skin: Pale as the snow up North they say, having barely a time to get a nice tan. She takes on a nice flawless pale look on her toughened skin. The surface of her skin can be smooth in spots, and rough in others, as Kara works hard in the field of crops.
Identifying Marks: Tattoo
Appearance: Kara would have a lean body, and fit figure. Her hair orange and eyes cold like ice. Her skin pale underneath the warming clothes to block the opposing winter chill. Hair neatly tied up into a 'horse tail' behind her head, with two locks of hair draped past her forehead. Wearing a symbolized coat draped over her body, with hardened boots with 2" soles. A tattoo of growing spring flowers on her back
Clothing:
Adventure
Symbolized coat, made of black stained leather and furs with grey symbols.
A average, warmed white long sleeve underneath.
Grey thicken pants.
Wearing brown leather gloves.
Dress Look
A purple like blouse.
Blue/Purple like skirt.
Black like pants underneath skirt.
Weaponry: None
Prized Possessions: Symbolized coat. Letter's from Kidd ( @Paintballz ), Ring: Picture.
Hygiene: Generally clean.
Voice: Helga's voice
: Voice

†QUALITIES AND FLAWS†:
Strengths:

The love of farming, taking to extreme measures to continue the traditions her parents had given down to her, to continue the love of the harvest. And to bring great food to the community and travelers.
The undying will to keep going, and discovering knew things for her stories and own self-determination to see new places, and islands beyond her own belief. Being isolated in, Stormhold since child-hood, she imagined beyond the waters.
Fears:
Dying at a young age, or growing too old to have children of her own, and having the higher risk of death.
Due to family beliefs, the women in her family always died due to pregnancy.
Having the will to travel no more. Committed to several injuries to never again, work the field or harvest the crops for Esmar.
Weaknesses:
Being introduced to a man. She is not in her strongest abilities when needing to meet a man she likes.
Intelligence: Kara's learning abilities come to the vase knowledge beheld from her parents passed down to child. Her mind of farming is precise. She is on the vase discovery of learning the vase lands of, Altera. To where, she'll create a beautiful story for the young-lings and elders of the Kingdom.

She learns everyday from the travelers and outlanders she come across. The vase knowledge is endless for what someone can hold, learning new cultures and lands, even new climates and other such. As Kara is a farmer, she is interested in the land and soils, even seeds and new form of foods. She continues to discover what others know, from forms of stories and or books.
Languages: Common.
Profession:
Trained Farmer: Kara would be trained to farm crops and take care of the animals - but slaughtering them, and the likes of cutting meats are still quite confusing to her, on the means. How do I do this. But, as it is not a fret to her, she is practicing viciously on it with notes and books. Also helpful tips from travelers and family.
Cutting wood had become a real ability to use an axe on a hard piece of frozen wood. This, has become a profession, as much as a strength for, Kara. Herself having come used to using an axe, as much as her fellow friends have battled with. She's become commonly accepting towards a long axe, or short hatchet of an axe.
Kara, through out years, experimented with the ale her family had brewed - and all she really needed was a bit of honey - to where, she created "Honey Ale". A sweet tasting ale that is too alcoholic, and fun to drink. A perfect drink for get togethers.
Through tradition, Kara's family had created dairy products in Vats buried in the ground to keep cool during the winter, to preserve it through it, but also, it was the main source during the winter when the cows didn't produce. Enabling Kara to create cheese, butter and Skyr. And when the dairy went sour, they used it for another sorts of foods stuff.
Kara has come upon Wood Working - to the point, she has been crafting staff's and handles for tools of working. The job, difficult at it's best, needing strong, hard working hands that Kara had grown to be used to. Having been mending the Golden farm of wheat, it's become a natural talent.

=========================

Drawn picture in a letter
Kidd (@Paintballz ) sent Kara.
=========================

†ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS†:
Personality:
Kara would have a sense of strong loyalty, and strong acts pending on her situations. She is out-going and responsible. A genuine kind person to others and travelers. She is, you can say 'learning' by what she finds. She is not like others, she will pursue something when interested, and will likely try her best to figure it out. Kara is a 'Explorer' and will thrive to discover new things.
Religion or Cults: The Path.
"fire by ice, love by hate, life by death, kindness by cruelty, and good by evil."
Alignment: Neutral
Short Term Goals:
+ Learn about new beliefs. ( Without dishonoring her own )
+ Meet new people.
Long Term Goals:
+ Discover vase lands.
+ Go back home, and tell stories to her family.

†TRIVIA†:
Favourite...
Place: "Stoarmhalht!".
Pastime: None.
Food: Fresh cooked chicken. Yum.
Drink: Honey ale.
Colour: Blue.
Animal: Dog.

Least Favourite...
Place: None.
Pastime: None.
Food: Slimy food.
Drink: Old drink.
Colour: Pink.
Animal: Rat.

†RELATIONS†:

Loved:
William - A man of many words, once a kid, now a man wise and full of love. Now, a lover, and somethin' meaningful in my life, that belongs. With him, ah will have a beautiful family, and wonderful life. As he is a light in the dark. As he's become helpful in so many ways. @Paintballz
Tyr - My baby boy, growing up so fast - resembles such a fierce-some warrior, but doesn't give up on his father. Showing William the at-most love, but in a strange way by hitting his knee's with the wooden sword. Tyr is my life, and I'll hold him whenever he needs picking up. @Paintballz
Nylarii - a loving mother to William, and a wonderful woman to me. She helped me through a hard time in birth, and a helpful adviser to William. Without her, there would be problems. With her, there are so very few. She is wise, and such a loving person. I hope she stays around for a bit longer, just so she can see her boy, and grandson grow strong, and older. @Elz
Fjorleif - A wonderful person, and a teacher in many ways. She has helped around the house, and Myrneth with William, an has gone to even teaching him how to use a sword. She is family, as she lives with us, and was adopted into our family. Ah hope to keep her around for a long time, because she is the closest thing ah have to a best friend. @Cukie1
Ase - The new-born child, Kara has cherished since it's arrival.

Trusted:
Friended:
Illthior (Out lander) - An interesting man, who knows lots of the South and other sorts. He lives in the North, but he is no Northerner in Kara's eyes. He is of lots of interest, and wishes to know more of what he does. Even to know stories of what he has done. Though he didn't seem to get along with, Kidd - William.
Elehk - A man of the North that has visited Ulrych Motte in his time of travels. In his little time, Kara had come to accept the man and give him Honey Ale. Though, he may be strange at times, but she has become to understand him.
Audery - "Ah hope we become better friends, and ah hope for a better for you with, Fjorleif. Ye both are good people and ah hope you both stay around for a little longer with the building of Myrneth."

Liked:
Harlow - Is kind and jokes around, even though, Kara doesn't fully understand on how to respond correctly, the company of others are always grateful to have around and talk to. Harlow seems to know a lot, and Kara wouldn't mind know what Harlow does. But what got her interested, was the mention of Rangers and peace. Having no interest in joining - but the events and history behind it. Perhaps, Harlow will share in time. Kara hopes she does.
Barthelemy - Having just met the king, he was immensely kind to her being a peasant, after telling her, even peasant have things to say. She can look into his eyes and see, that he takes in every consideration from others. Possibly a very well respected emperor in her eyes. Even out of all the rest, he was very polite and formal, even when he spoke that lovely language.
Sif (Knight of Knowledge) - Sif has been kind enough to share a story with, Kara. But his voice and attitude is quite intimidating towards her, but also made her feel shameful towards how she speaks. But was absolutely understanding towards how she was feeling and what kind of situation she was currently in. He even tried to help her with her grammar, but she continued to speak like her old ways. She wishes to know more, but she will not bother him.
Rex Lonmar: A giant of a man, standing high over Kara by far. She looks to the man as if he were a God sent from the skies to build giant walls for man-kind. His home, a wall of his own, built by pure muscles. He is built like a bull, and strives like a bear. But he has a kind heart, and Kara is appreciated to his kindness and offers of warm meals, and invites to warm her by a fire.
Sheila: Kara in her little time came to know, Sheila has been interesting. Her in Kidd's bed, assumptions were made. But she just enjoyed the fact that, this girl comes along and teases. But what Kara won't understand is the jealousy she has for Kara and Kidd when they made kissy faces in front of her. Though, if liked by Kidd, she is liked by Kara.

Neutral:
Mira - A caparii girl who often finds, Kara. She wonders if the woman follows her, but nah - Mira seems like a sweet, yet questionable girl. Kara doesn't mind the chat, she learned that Mira collects flowers and makes crowns with them. Perhaps, Kara can make a crown with her. Perhaps not.
Unsure of:
Afraid of:
Dislike:
Hated:

-----------------------------------------------------------
@Megadonkey30 @Ace19 @The Courier@Paintballz @Uneasing@Tempy_ @Cukie1@FrostGuardian @bettemus99
------------------------------------------

Backstory: Where it begins..

Time of tradition
Löfgren's have a vase history of farming the lands in Stormhold, being the job as it were, tending to cattle in the barns, and fishing on the thicken lake outside of Stormhold's gate. Löfgren had a tradition of identifying their own with a simple means of a tattoo on ones body. To a back tattoo, arm tattoo, leg tattoo or chest tattoo. This became a vase history in their family, as it were. Kara's mother had a tattoo amongst her back on the left side. So Kara chose the obvious right side opposite of her mother. Her father, a tattoo amongst his chest, and right arm, showing strong, Norvägen symbols amongst his body. But Kara chose a more free, and new discovery tattoo.

Serving time to create food for the people of the land, her family took on the job of producing dairy products and cheese, even pea's and beans. Coming to a vase selection of foods, they would evenly divide the shares amongst their neighbors and nobles. Dairy products are brought in skin sacks and to the Vats that were dug in the ground to keep the product cool during the winters, as it were the main and only source during the winters, as it created Skyr, cheese, and butter. Sour milk was also used for other foods stuff.

Time of teaching
Through, Kara's years of child-hood, she was fascinated by the lands of the North. Her icy blue eyes always looked beyond the clouds and mountains to the vase, sunny lands. Where wheat and crops grew immensely faster, and the open planes were not filled with foot deep snow but grass and flowers. Since she was in the North, there was the likely chill crawling up her back to make her shiver. Amongst her fellow Norvägen's, through the years it had toughened and hardened her skin, to where it doesn't challenge her as much as it were when she was young.

Kara's gone through immense teaching from her father, to where. There were no sons. Her father, had taught her things, he would've with his own son. But since he had just, Kara. He began to teach her how to fend for herself, through having to use the axe in the back, and cut through near frozen wood. As it were, near impossible at first for her nimble arms, and weak back. He began every other day, getting her to practice and stack the wood with him.

As with, Kara's mother, she began her tradition of cooking, with loafs of whole wheat bread, with warm honey and drinks. Her family had a recipe for, honey ale. Which tasted absolutely delicious without the taste of alcohol. Since, Kara was a little younger, they couldn't give her alcoholic ale until she was at the age of 16.

But when, Kara turned, 16. She was frightened with the idea of marriage, since her father had been so encouraging at first. The men there were intimidating to her in the way, she'd get weak knee's when first met with them. She was not ready. But ever since, she'd watch and adore the handsome boys from afar.

Kara had grown to have an open mind of things, wanting to learn about more vase lands, and their people. Even culture is something she plans to discover, so she can further more expand her beliefs. Though, the path will always be her chosen religion despite learning others.

On going...~

Time of love

When it comes to meeting men, Kara is unusually intimidated by men. To the point, that she's avoid eye contact with them, and will nervously stutter at times. But due to her speaking and lack of grammar to correct wording, she has become more, nervous to meet the Southerners. But with her lack of social-life on the farm, she wasn't always so interactive with others but the wheat field and other crops. Perhaps the animals listened, but they couldn't judge her like some who may tell, Kara her voice is 'Weird'.

On going...~

=================================================

=================================================
@Paintballz Totes helped with.

Last edited:

Woolsey

Lord of Altera
Equipment

Unmerciful:
Axe

+ Battle axe with Celtic knot pattern 1-piece

Description in history of the battle axe:
The battle axes of the High Middle Ages that were preferred by the Vikings are probably advanced developments of Frankish throwing axes. Their blades have straight upper edges, while the sharp edges were usually curved toward the handle. Their handles were too long to throw; instead, they were used in close combat with shields.

This battle axe has a blade of hand forged carbon steel which is fastened to a hardwood handle. Both sides of the blade are etched with a decorative Celtic knot pattern that features a dragon's head. Handle length: 66.5 cm Blade length: 18.5 cm Sharp edge: 12.2 cm Weight: 0.85 kg

Time spent throwing the axe at target:
41 min
21 sec

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Cold-hearts:
Knife

• Total length: 36 cm
  • Blade length: 22.5 cm
  • Grip length: 13.5 cm
  • Weight: 167 g
  • Blade thickness (base): 4 mm
  • Blade width (base): 2 cm
Description in history of the knife:
Before the advent of motor boats, a knife was an everyday essential for men traveling the high seas. Officers, boatswains and sail makers alike needed a practical, versatile blade at all turns. During the long months on deck sailors would carve their knives according to their own fancy. They engraved them with their initials and grips became works of art.

Our Sailor Knife is single-edged and made of tempered carbon steel. Embellishing the grip of hardwood is a carving in the shape of a hand. A gold ring connects it with the blade.

The Sailor Knife comes with a matching sheath of brown, 3mm-thick leather outfitted with a belt loop.

Last edited:

Woolsey

Lord of Altera
Journal Entries

Entry #1
"I watch as the wheat grow, upon the mounds of dirt and flow in the cool wind of the Northern air. I watch on the stump of a nearby oak tree in my blackened coat, and skirt that I like to wear on occasions with my black fitted hose."

"I think here, where I carved into the tree a symbol of life. I think of how I came to be here, to be with Kidd. Someone who has come to learn about me and my culture, something I'd do to learn of another. I adore his acts, and jokes and teases - I have never learned to do that with my own. I was never one to be talkative. But when I see him his voice is a sweet tune to my ears. It makes me smile"

"I smile at the field of golden wheat, at the hard work that I've done. I enjoy the sight, and peacefulness of the field, where I can sit alone sometimes to hear the birds sing, and the sound of the wind passing my ear. I wish nothing more but a free life like this"​

Last edited:

Woolsey

Lord of Altera
[UPDATE:]

Picture of Kara in a dress.
More things under Profession.
New picture to resemble, Kara.