Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

1.8 Incoming [Complete] [BUGS]

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
(saw it coming)
The server will be updating to 1.8 on the 12th of February
(most likely the 13th for the aussies)

Current bugs!
- /homes deleted at random from a few people.
- Shopkeepers deleted (I'll replace them-)
- Lockette broke all the signs, make sure to re-lock chests for the 1.8 version of lockette!
- LWC requires a restart to work with 1.8 blocks
-

What will be removed:
Jousting plugin
- Barely used, it hasn't updated since 1.7.2, not particularly worth keeping.
Climbing plugin - Bugs bugs bugs, also hasn't updated since 1.6.4, so it's long gone, with /fly being buyable with rads, it's useless anyway.
Timelock - Essentials can do this stuff as far as I know anyway-

What:
Mcmmo - Might have issues with exp, some things might give too high of exp, or too low. This'll be fixed gradually unless it's serious.
Multiple world inventories - This might be removed and creative map disabled if it shows any troubles.

Other stuff:
Sorrows - No set date on when a new sorrows will be added. It might be immediately or it might wait a while. It might wait until people stop asking-

Rabbits - Rabbits are griefers :I unfortunately there's no way to stop a rabbit eating your carrot crops (Killer rabbit eats much faster than the normal ones-). So make sure to keep rabbits away from carrot fields. Worldguard most likely has a fix for this or hopefully plans a fix.

Brewery - It might have already happened when we updated worldguard, but aging times in the barrels might have changed to taking longer than before.

Bugs Bugs Bugs
As usual, not all bugs can be found through testing, once the update happens it would be appreciated if any bugs or exploits are reported! They can be reported in this thread (preferred) or in the support section of the forums >>here<<

(I think that's all)

Last edited:

I cannot wait. This is very exciting. Thanks to staff for working so hard to make this a thing!

First Edit: Respect for the color coded original post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
(saw it coming)
The server will be updating to 1.8 on the 12th of February
(most likely the 13th for the aussies)

Alrighty! The server has been preparing for this for a long time, with bug testing almost out of the way, we'll be welcoming the wonderful update with hopefully minimal problems.

So, here's the lists I'll be going through:
- What will be removed
(some plugins don't work as desired, or have outlived their use)
- What's at risk
(Some plugins might break or cause problems)
- Other stuff
(Recommended reading)

What will be removed:
Jousting plugin
- Barely used, it hasn't updated since 1.7.2, not particularly worth keeping.
Climbing plugin - Bugs bugs bugs, also hasn't updated since 1.6.4, so it's long gone, with /fly being buyable with rads, it's useless anyway.
Timelock - Essentials can do this stuff as far as I know anyway-

What's at Risk:
Mcmmo - Might be a bit buggy/troublesome on transferring to 1.8, this will be the main culprit to restarts on the switch-over.
Multiple world inventories - This plugin makes the creative map work, there has been reports of some troublesome bugs with 1.8 with it. If it shows any signs of these bugs in 1.8, it will have to be removed and the creative map will be disabled until a replacement is found.

Other stuff:
Sorrows - No set date on when a new sorrows will be added. It might be immediately or it might wait a while. It might wait until people stop asking-

Rabbits - Rabbits are griefers :I unfortunately there's no way to stop a rabbit eating your carrot crops (Killer rabbit eats much faster than the normal ones-). So make sure to keep rabbits away from carrot fields. Worldguard most likely has a fix for this or hopefully plans a fix.

Brewery - It might have already happened when we updated worldguard, but aging times in the barrels might have changed to taking longer than before.

Bugs Bugs Bugs
As usual, not all bugs can be found through testing, once the update happens it would be appreciated if any bugs or exploits are reported! They can be reported in this thread (preferred) or in the support section of the forums >>here<<

(I think that's all)
I'm excited! :)
...We have rabbits? o_o
We will have rabbits-