Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming 10/16/18 6:30pm EST Anatomy and its application on combat

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic

Andre Invites all those who wish it to come out and learn about basic anatomy that is shared upon all races and its applications on the most effective and lethal ways to hobble,maim,and kill ones foes while not over expending ones own physical ability. This calls will help out those not particularly well suited for combat to be more effective in defending themselves. At the end if people are interested he will teach several deadly medical mixtures that in small quantities can be used to great effect in combat and defense of ones self.

Temple grounds of the Grey Lady in Linlea​

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
“Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from kidney stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.”

Do no harm indeed

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
Will adress the small snippet taken from the oath, on the historcal viewing of it and the modern viewing of it in todays world in both combat medical profesionals and every day side in hoapitals. The view of it nyself and why the comment is null.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
So going to break down the snippet that was taken first, and then do a general overview of the oath itself and its meaning to physicians in the context it was taken from and formed into.
“Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course.

So the above snippet about poisons is founded upon the fear that doctors would be paid to or would hold a grudge enough to poison their patients in their care there was a fear in this time that doctors would be used as assassins to kill high ranking people and nobles in their care. But will recommend and provide healthy choices to further the healing process and provide the best case for their patients to be able to recover from whatever ails them.

But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art.

This segment deals with keeping ones own personal life and the practice of medicine pure not holding grudges helping anyone who needs it when they need it and only teaching the more indepth and practical portions of ones art to those who have taken the oath.

I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from kidney stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen herein.”

This portion is specifically meant for outlawing the use of large blades such as daggers and blades to preform surgeries and medical treatments. And instead referring to skilled surgeons in their field of study recognizing their own limits in knowledge and ability to help those out.

Over all
The over all portion of the hippocratic oath at large is a statement of a practicing doctor to take care of and not harm their patients that are charged into their care as a whole. A guiding will to help guide those in the practice but not to hold them to it to every single letter, while there is a ethical upholding to a doctor to keep up this oath there is also a falling onto the patients under them to do their own part. A doctor or medical staff does not have to tolerate a patient who is highly aggressive or seeking to harm those trying to help them,in many a case more then I can count even in my time working in hospitals the patient who presents a danger to himself or to others is restrained until the demonstrate a ability to not harm others again. While this course is borderlining the ethics to some andre is not harming nor willing to harm any the patients under his care, instead he is wanting to teach people better ways to defend themselves that normally struggle with basic armed combat. Teaching people weakness and areas they can strike that will give them a better chance in surviving as well as a few medical concoctions to aid them in such. While it would be one thing that they were innocent defenseless people andre was helping people learn to fight against he views the plague animals and beings that pose a threat a lost cause, and if they are seeking to harm or kill you as a person they have revoked the right and you must act in a basic self defense as you see fight to protect yourself and your loved ones.

Multumesc for reading,
Raw