Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

12.10.2015 Newsletter

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Sunderday, 10th of Winterfeast, 2260 - Season of Decay, Year of Renewal

Rule of the Month

Citizens are required to protect the harmony of the HollowWorld community and ensure that they contribute positively to it. This means players must behave in a manner befitting an upstanding HollowWorld Citizen and refraining from activities which could be construed as damaging the community by admin staff.

Everyone has been doing a wonderful job of this for the past few weeks, and I wanted to thank you for it! :heart: Keep it up, it makes my heart glad. :D

Staff Roster Changes

Sally has left. I have taken over her plugin duties, and the rest of them have been distributed to other staff.
Niek Morenta is our newest member, having joined several weeks ago!
Antilogy is still taking his leave of absence.
mairinbaihn will be pursuing her dream of doing things in the last possible place to have internet, and will continue to be inactive once that gets going. I intend to keep her on staff so she can do what she loves when she does return (helping you lovelies, and building roads), but the build section is now being coordinated by solus. Everyone congratulate her!
There will need to be some shuffling soon to ensure that all sections are taken care of, and I am not quite sure how I'm going to do that yet.

Staff News

The Council has seen some changes lately. If you'd like to apply, see this thread
There is a contest going on RIGHT NOW for a holiday logo. See details in this thread
Paint is our Player of the Month! Congratulations :) Make your December nominations soon.
We recently switched our authentication method from CAPTCHA questions (weird ones, too) to a reCAPTCHA similar to what one of our voting sites uses. If you hear of any issues with it, please let me know.
New jail rules! For more information, go to this thread

Events

Trading

Use /warp shophub to get to the permissions shop. Unfortunately, we cannot accept donations for the permissions that we sell in this shop for in-game currency.

Media

If you have a talent for design, video making, or storytelling, let us know! We're looking for ways to make our server more accessible, and this includes making it more attractive.

Lore of the Month

Jax, the god of gamblers, explorers, and money, can be capricious and is often unpredictable. He is favored by merchants, gamblers, sailors, and those down on their luck (who curse him in the same breath). http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/jax.30239/

There are various references and shrines to Jax throughout Altera. Of course, you can go to the grand cathedral right outside of the Crossroads to see his main shrine, but Tambry also has a shrine to Jax. And the Eyes of Silas, although the order is devoted to the god of knowledge, dedicated their ship to the god of travel; it is named Jax's Luck. They even held a ritual dedication before their first journey in Jax's honor.

During the most recent brush with corruption, Jax overthrew his brother Bilworth's place in the pantheon. This almost resulted in the net worth of all of Altera vanishing into thin air. This would have been devastating in some cases, where certain Alterans were worth millions. While corrupted, the god of luck had a taste for games of chance that were rigged in his favor, and his tendencies turned rather sadistic and dark.