Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [24th March] Shards of the Gods: Jishrim

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I edited the form and filled it out if you want to throw me on the reserves

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I am afraid I'll have to cancel this event.
I owe you an explanation, Luam Jazzper Ayda Cukie1 Azur BoredBrit Electric Cymic_ JoeJoe

I started these new Jishrim Series under the promise of Lannis that he'd work with me to make it more special than my other dungeons. This promise was made in a convo with all event and lore staff in it. To DM a God or grand me something extra for the attendees to find. Something God related, to make these dungeons more significant than a mere player without staff perms and powers could make.

So, I requested an artifact on the 14th of February and was told staff members were discussing it, but I never got a yes or no to this day, regardless of my several 'bumps'.
Because the matter of the artifact took so long, I requested something else. Since the series is called 'shards of the Gods', I requested the following:
"Would it be possible to have a single crystal shard as end loot per dungeon, which glows in the color of the God that the dungeon tells a tale about?
Ideally, the shard of [for instance] Shalheranna would have some very weak property like: plants that grow within a 1 meter radius of it cannot become sick / diseased.
"
I requested this on the 3rd of March and when I bumped the question on the 11th, I was again told a discussion was being had and that 'they would get back to me'.

I could not finish the dungeon, because I didn't know what item I was gonna get for the final room. And to be honest, I think it's a real pity.
This is not only my problem, this is not a single case: I've heard plenty of stories of other people requesting and asking things and not getting a reply, or only getting the reply 'we are discussing it, we'll get back to you.'

I'm not saying it always happens like this. Squidziod puts a lot of effort in good communication and I really appreciate him for it. I had great communication plenty of times too, let's not only name the bad things here. But we must recognize that there is a pattern, this is a recurring problem. I think there are plenty of willing players who'd have no hesitation to join the staff team to become some sort of communication team which channel questions and requests from players to the right staff, and get back to them on time so things can get done and answered.

The problem I just described happens too often... Sometimes, you might get a reply after bumping it for a week. The last dungeon I requested someone to lorify some items for me, and it was only done within the hour before the start of the event after me repeatingly saying I'd be more comfortable if I knew it was all done and ready to go. For this one, though, I decided to not spam the staff after Solus told me they'd get back to me on monday. The result is this canceled event.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Responding to you was my responsibility, but I have been occupied with my own life, plugin issues and other staff inquiries that constantly come up. Squidzoid and Lannis managed to reply to all your other questions. But I just need a break some times. I apologize as I did not realize your event was today.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I want to clarify that I'm not angry btw and I do not blame anyone personally. I just think it's a shame of potential when creative ideas get this treatment.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Squidziod and I talked, I'll be hosting this some other time, but first we got to arrange some things! It'll probably be a few weeks

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I am afraid I'll have to cancel this event.
I owe you an explanation, Luam Jazzper Ayda Cukie1 Azur BoredBrit Electric Cymic_ JoeJoe

I started these new Jishrim Series under the promise of Lannis that he'd work with me to make it more special than my other dungeons. This promise was made in a convo with all event and lore staff in it. To DM a God or grand me something extra for the attendees to find. Something God related, to make these dungeons more significant than a mere player without staff perms and powers could make.

So, I requested an artifact on the 14th of February and was told staff members were discussing it, but I never got a yes or no to this day, regardless of my several 'bumps'.
Because the matter of the artifact took so long, I requested something else. Since the series is called 'shards of the Gods', I requested the following:
"Would it be possible to have a single crystal shard as end loot per dungeon, which glows in the color of the God that the dungeon tells a tale about?
Ideally, the shard of [for instance] Shalheranna would have some very weak property like: plants that grow within a 1 meter radius of it cannot become sick / diseased.
"
I requested this on the 3rd of March and when I bumped the question on the 11th, I was again told a discussion was being had and that 'they would get back to me'.

I could not finish the dungeon, because I didn't know what item I was gonna get for the final room. And to be honest, I think it's a real pity.
This is not only my problem, this is not a single case: I've heard plenty of stories of other people requesting and asking things and not getting a reply, or only getting the reply 'we are discussing it, we'll get back to you.'

I'm not saying it always happens like this. Squidziod puts a lot of effort in good communication and I really appreciate him for it. I had great communication plenty of times too, let's not only name the bad things here. But we must recognize that there is a pattern, this is a recurring problem. I think there are plenty of willing players who'd have no hesitation to join the staff team to become some sort of communication team which channel questions and requests from players to the right staff, and get back to them on time so things can get done and answered.

The problem I just described happens too often... Sometimes, you might get a reply after bumping it for a week. The last dungeon I requested someone to lorify some items for me, and it was only done within the hour before the start of the event after me repeatingly saying I'd be more comfortable if I knew it was all done and ready to go. For this one, though, I decided to not spam the staff after Solus told me they'd get back to me on monday. The result is this canceled event.
Honestly it's a shame that this was canceled, even when I heard about it during my time with Cukie1 it was pretty sucky to hear. Maybe this is a more direct wake-up call that things need to be changed and readjusted to make sure things like this don't happen again, or that there needs to be something done to allow players to actually make these interesting events that fill the voids between staff-run campaigns/events.

People have their own lives, and of course those things come first- but it doesn't take long to bring a discussion forward as to whether or not something can be approved or denied by lore. If it's a difficulty to balance multiple responsibilities, and that ends up hurting the playerbase's drive because these events are what push people to log in and really enjoy themselves, then perhaps someone else needs to be put in the position of solely focusing on lore and events, or things of similar nature- instead of one or a few people handling multiple things at once and just handling lore when they can.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Almost everything is set up. Attendants please copy paste these dates and add your name behind the date if you can make it.
The second to do this, please copy paste the first one's comment, until we get a list of which date suits everyone best.
Luam Jazzper Ayda Cukie1 BoredBrit JoeJoe Azur Electric Pickerwick

21st of March (today), 3pm EST - Bart -
22nd of March, 4pm EST - Bart
24th of March, 5pm EST - Bart -
25th of March, 3pm EST - Bart -
26th of March, 3pm EST - Bart -
27th of March, 3pm EST - Bart -
28th of March, 3pm EST - Bart -

This way we can do it before I go to Norway. Otherwise it might be another month or even more

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
21st of March (today), 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper
22nd of March, 4pm EST - Bart
24th of March, 5pm EST - Bart - Jazzper
25th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper
26th of March, 3pm EST - Bart -Jazzper
27th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper
28th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper

Weekdays are no guarantee I can stay until the end, but I can be there for 2h

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
21st of March (today), 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper
22nd of March, 4pm EST - Bart - Liam
24th of March, 5pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam
25th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam
26th of March, 3pm EST - Bart -Jazzper - Liam
27th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam
28th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
21st of March (today), 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Cukie
22nd of March, 4pm EST - Bart - Liam - Cukie
24th of March, 5pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie
25th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie
26th of March, 3pm EST - Bart -Jazzper - Liam - Cukie
27th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie
28th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
21st of March (today), 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Cukie - Ayda (Depending on how long it lasts, as there's a wedding to go to)
22nd of March, 4pm EST - Bart - Liam - Cukie
24th of March, 5pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda
25th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda
26th of March, 3pm EST - Bart -Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda
27th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda
28th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
21st of March (today), 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Cukie - Ayda - Azur
22nd of March, 4pm EST - Bart - Liam - Cukie - Azur
24th of March, 5pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda - Azur
25th of March, 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda - Azur
26th of March, 3pm EST - Bart -Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda - Azur

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
21st of March (today), 3pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Cukie - Ayda - Azur
22nd of March, 4pm EST - Bart - Liam - Cukie - Azur - Joseph
24th of March, 5pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda - Azur - Joseph
26th of March, 3pm EST - Bart -Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda - Azur

i am sorry, i get home at 5 EST on weekdays. if you want, you may always start without me, i wouldn't mind being two hours late.

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I need to come into work in the morning next Monday, so I am no longer available for the 24th at 5pm est ):

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Tuesday and Wednesday also fell off for me due to work ;-;

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
22nd of March, 4pm EST - Bart - Liam - Cukie - Azur - Joseph - Brit
24th of March, 5pm EST - Bart - Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda - Azur - Joseph - Brit
26th of March, 3pm EST - Bart -Jazzper - Liam - Cukie - Ayda - Azur - Brit