Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

3D RPG

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
Where to begim... First of all, you should create story and dialouges and characters and that kind of stuff... I haven't done that till now anyway...
But, here's the things that I started with...

First of all I tried to create my map using built-in terrain tools. But that didn't go so well...

Bez názvu_2.jpg

I found a heightmap that I tought would siuts to my game as best as possible.
GHM_3_BASE.jpg

With that and few edits in actual software (Unity 4 pro) I got this result. You can as well see terrain tools on the right side, so it's a bit like visual editor at this point. You create terrain, add trees ,water (which I haven't got there because of performance yet) and you can see skies around alredy(more like water in this case).:

Bez názvu_00.jpg

But of course, these are basic parts, and there's more to do like sticking together 3D modes (which I haven't got to yet...). Getting over this part, coding comes to the scene... That's the soul of every game:

Bez názvu_02.jpg

On picture above is teh code for Day/Night cycle... Not that I would understand anything of this :p . There is a guy named Bergzerkarcade (or maybe similiar to that) who got a lot of tutorials on. He's really helpful in this way.

And also, for now, on the last screenshot you can see basics of healthbar (in the left down corner) being attached to player.

Bez názvu_01.jpg

Well I suppose that should be everything for now, if you got more questions or are interested in a specific part, feel free to ask...

ACU20

Legend of Altera
Where to begim... First of all, you should create story and dialouges and characters and that kind of stuff... I haven't done that till now anyway...
But, here's the things that I started with...

First of all I tried to create my map using built-in terrain tools. But that didn't go so well...

View attachment 35958

I found a heightmap that I tought would siuts to my game as best as possible.
View attachment 35957

With that and few edits in actual software (Unity 4 pro) I got this result. You can as well see terrain tools on the right side, so it's a bit like visual editor at this point. You create terrain, add trees ,water (which I haven't got there because of performance yet) and you can see skies around alredy(more like water in this case).:

View attachment 35959

But of course, these are basic parts, and there's more to do like sticking together 3D modes (which I haven't got to yet...). Getting over this part, coding comes to the scene... That's the soul of every game:

View attachment 35960

On picture above is teh code for Day/Night cycle... Not that I would understand anything of this :p . There is a guy named Bergzerkarcade (or maybe similiar to that) who got a lot of tutorials on. He's really helpful in this way.

And also, for now, on the last screenshot you can see basics of healthbar (in the left down corner) being attached to player.

View attachment 35961

Well I suppose that should be everything for now, if you got more questions or are interested in a specific part, feel free to ask...
i can't even fathom this sort of tech geez luize......I mean my brother goes in IT to and is going to be a game programmer or animator or something, and he's a genius and i am just a musician! XD

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
If you need someone to voice act a child, I'm here :p
I could also help with writing cutscences/stories if you would like.
A story would be very helpfull. I got something alredy , but theres a chance that another storry may be still better. So anyone whjo wants toadd something to the story, feel fre to post it here. From side quests, up to the main storyline...

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
I am not movingat all... I should ber able to do all the major things, but what I lack is a good story... and a suitable map for that as well... I have few oics here and there, but that is not whole idea and without that, I won' be able to do anything.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I am not movingat all... I should ber able to do all the major things, but what I lack is a good story... and a suitable map for that as well... I have few oics here and there, but that is not whole idea and without that, I won' be able to do anything.
Depends what story exactly you want. Give a skeleton of the setting and atmosphere. You have Hollowworld at your disposal; a bunch of crazy but imaginative people waiting to write something down :p

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
A skeleton you say...

Well mostly our story would begin on a island, a ship would creash at shores of an island... Probably after a storm or something, but this part isn't really important.

So the story would begin on a island, I am not sure if you would be taken by soldiers or anything in the beggining, but there would be 3 main camps. You could of course, join one of them. In each, you would have to do couple of tasks in order to get acceepted, and also to get some ammount of experience...

At some point in the game, story would unite, no matter what faction you will join ... I also touhgt about armor,weapons etc. , I dont want to make it too complex, armors would be one piece, sets of armors ...

I dont really care how much fantasy this will be, only one thing is, I can put in dragons there as I cant limit them where to fly and where to not. So I suppose these are the things that a critical for me...

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
What you could do is like in Mount and Blade Warband there is screens at the start and it says "John a longship to Sargoth in the Kingdom of the Nords" or "Take a caravan to Jelaka in the Kingdom of Rhodocks" so then people could decide which faction they start in? And ofcourse they could travel to other factions.

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
I know Mount and Blade series, but that game is mainly focusing on battles... its rp story is based only on dialogues...

Faelon

Lord of Altera
What about.... The island has a legendary treasure hidden away at the heart of the island..... The three groups could be enemy nations and a group of natives who seek to keep the treasure as a secret.... Or else simply bands of pirates..... Finally when the treasure is unmasked it is not as they had foreseen... And an evil is cast outwards that can only be prevented from leaching offshore if the three groups work together, despite their differences....? Is that sort of along the lines of what you mean?

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I was thinking about this, actually.

You fall victim to a storm off the coast of [name of island] which the captain chose to avoid due to the political strains that have been going there. Upon waking up, you find yourself in a bed, to discover that a peasant took you in to look after you. Said peasant explains that you came at the wrong time, willingly or not. This is because the king has recently passed away, leaving no direct heir. Three factions arose, each with their own, separate claim to the throne.

Faction 1 leader;
A young man, perhaps in his sixteen or seventeen, who is said to be the bastard son of the king, which is why his mother, now dead, was given land. Although highly intelligent and very much against war, he is pressurised by his court into fighting for the throne. He doesn't have much valid claim, and has little land, but instead makes up for it in nobility's support, winning him probably the biggest army which however relies on the lords to provide him with power.

Faction 2 leader;
An ageing, large man who was an ambitious minister in the court of the king. His reasoning for the throne is that he was the king's cousin, which probably provides him with the most valid claim. He's not stupid, and doesn't let others control him, also holding the largest army that belongs to him. This gives him a massive advantage of independence, but also arises jealousy and little support from other noblemen.

Faction 3 leader;
A woman who's claim is in the fact that she was the king's last mistress and that he proposed to her before his death. She has the money, but no support nor the army, giving her the chance to get mercenary support of some other nation. However, she is extremely swift in the world of politics, being capable of starting wars and bringing peace. While leader one lacks any experience, and leader two doesn't care less, she makes up for her weaknesses in great wit and even greater intelligence, especially in the world of politics. She's also beautiful, which she uses to her advantage...

You will eventually have to choose which side to follow, and although each story will be seemingly different they will all lead to a war between the three factions. The war, however, will stop quickly, as the factions will need to unite to defend their realm from a greater threat; an all-out invasion from another kingdom, which was always threatening the kingdom you end up in. Whoever you sided with will become the leader.

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
Just a quick screen with an actuall ingame graphic of a thing I finished today... Well, half finished, still i need to add hill around to fill in empty spaces, and as you can see, 3d modeller would be handfull (mill)... but I ll sure post another one finished and maybe with different mill model...screen_1.jpg

And stright away I could maybe post another one. Hovewer, this one is created by tutorial... upper one is not ^_^

test_01.png

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
C#, currently have experience using Visual Studio 2010 as my environment.
I've been doing some level designing and programming in Unity though, so I've got a little bit of experience in both regards there.
Learning Object-Orientated Coding by next week, if that's of any use to you.