Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming [9 July] Riptide: Setting Sail [DANGER: 6/10]

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Are Hawklight (Aeyeras) good to get involved in this with a new ship, crewed by Hawklight, Baron?

We have all of the required things (in fact, we could manage a ship each) so all we need to know if it's ok with you as the DM?
Yeah, it's fine though we're nearing the max on dm-able ships atm

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Yeah, it's fine though we're nearing the max on dm-able ships atm
Of course, we only plan to bring one along anyway. I'll go ahead and make an event post, tag everyone in Hawklight then. Many thanks!

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
My ship is the only one that can properly be manned with the amount of people we have.

Most of you will be stuck in the cargo hold -_-
that's a bit quick to assume, don't you think? You don't know what ships and how many people everyone else will be bringing...

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Hawklight can bring along a three decker which generally required over 100 people to sail successfully. Alternatively, we could bring along a variety of smaller ships, each with suitable complements.

I wouldn't worry too much about how many people we need to fit.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I honestly suggested one Hawklight ship to ease the DM's, yes they can manage a few ships, but in the end, it's easier with one ship.

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
Honestly, having been in a multi ship event I do have to agree that one ship is better than three for the DMs to manage.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I'll lean towards whichever makes the DMing easier without restricting folk too much, so if one ship can fit everyone who wants to come, then that's probably the best option.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'll be honest,
(and I /really/ hate agreeing with many people)

but dm man, you're going to have bloodshed on one ship
this is almost exactly why I brought my ship into this so we didn't have murders going on
I think when everyone is stuck on a ship to an unknown location with he possibility of death, petty fights are the least of one's worries. At least that's how it was if people didn't like each other on the Eyes of Silas.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I think when everyone is stuck on a ship to an unknown location with he possibility of death, petty fights are the least of one's worries. At least that's how it was if people didn't like each other on the Eyes of Silas.
Any two folks start shit on a boat generally the whole crew came together and separated them by force. Also yes impending death without working together tends to put most problems on hiatus unless someone repeatedly pulls them up.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
We can almost certainly fit everyone on one ship. Some people have some large ass ships, like Jak. Although I am sure many others are also able to do so, I can provide a large ship with four decks, if so desired. The more condensed we are the easier it will be for DMs and the smoother and more fun the event will turn out. Just let me know if anyone wants to use the ship, I got no problem with it's use.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
We can almost certainly fit everyone on one ship. Some people have some large ass ships, like Jak. Although I am sure many others are also able to do so, I can provide a large ship with four decks, if so desired. The more condensed we are the easier it will be for DMs and the smoother and more fun the event will turn out. Just let me know if anyone wants to use the ship, I got no problem with it's use.
man, that'll be fun sorting out the crew onboard one giant ship XD

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
The worst part, for me at least, would be the swamp of chat messages. However, people could talk mostly in whisper or create channels. It may be a hassle, but I think it's better than splitting up into a bunch of small groups.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
The worst part, for me at least, would be the swamp of chat messages. However, people could talk mostly in whisper or create channels. It may be a hassle, but I think it's better than splitting up into a bunch of small groups.
Rigger Channel
Cannoneer channel
Cargo area channel
Chef channel
etc.
that's gonna be fun XD

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
We did the whisper channel for the last Eyes of Silas and it worked rather well. Just emote big things in the RP channel and you're golden.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
petty fights are going to happen

and when rivals clash battles happen at sea, you can't guarantee safety on a already-violent event
Again, I'm basing it off the Eyes of Silas, that did have small tiffs and were solved very very quickly. It's honestly not an issue.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
from an ic standpoint, though. I think that's what you're disregarding here. The Eyes of Silas were an exploratory group if I'm right here. For the most part you have brigands, privateers, more brigands, a knight and rangers.

that isn't the Eyes of Silas
and even then, what happened to the Eyes of Silas- oh, most of them died.
people want more then one ship because they want to lessen that chance, and even more so don't want to deal with their adversaries. [ not to mention we should applaud them because seriously that crap is annoying for the DM's too. ]

and now we get to my fine point here

Riptide ( Two ships that are already confirmed ) = Possible death, ( as baron stated, death is highly likely )
or
we go the Eyes of Silas route= where people have to be lucky like Edward and his buddy to survive, which, as you know, is not everyones normal intentions.

You're talking about a group that, for the most part heard 'riches and exploration' and immediately were down to do it. Some are genuinely down for exploration and I applaud them, but the circumstances simply are not the same and this is not a passive event.

And seriously historically speaking and scientifically speaking any ship that is more then a galleon is going to be slightly difficult to man with the men/power we have
which isn't enough at all.

( the fact we're historically manning a warship with only.. ( well cymkek you should know ) how many men is pushing it )
I have to say, circumstances are actually the same in both regards, and there was more than one Eyes of Silas event, it was only in the last one where they died. Plus, eyes of Silas is likely not over, either. There will likely be more, with, again, the same circumstances. Only reason few survived was because they couldn't log on during the event, that's pretty much it, but honestly.. It's the same thing.

Edit: Can we just leave it at that and not have this thread filled with an argument?