Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

To Be Resumed A Game of Letters

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I want to play a game...

Essentially, this game is like the game "Assassins" where everyone has someone trying to take them out of the game, and someone they are trying to take out as well.

However, this game is a bit more complicated.

The way this game works is that everyone will receive a target, which is another player in the game, and a condition. The condition is what must happen in order for the target to be eliminated.

For example, you may get james_power as your target, and the condition of "Caught in Port Silver with illegal mushrooms." So, in order to knock james out of the game he must be caught in Port Silver with illegal mushrooms.

So how does that work?

We have a Game of Letters. What this means is the players can send letters back and forth to each other, trying to convince them to perform actions that would lead to conditions being met. Note that you do not have to send a letter to your target, but to any player of the game.

Let's go back to the previous example. Instead of simply trying to bribe james into bringing mushrooms to Port Silver, instead I could send two letters. One to Michcat to place some mushrooms in james' fold-up carrying chess case. Then, I could send a letter to Legion getting him to ask james to a game of chess at the merry mead. If it all goes to plan, the condition is met and james is out of the game.

Now you might be asking, "But why would Mich and Legion go along with the plan? Wouldn't they be worried I'm setting them up to lose?" and that's a very good question to ask. The answer is points. Each time a player is removed, if you had a hand in removing that player, you get one point. Thus in the previous example, Michcat, Legion, and myself would all receive a point for removing james from the game. Also, if you are falsely accused by a target as his assassin, you get one additional point then as well.

However, if you are correctly identified as your target's assassin, then you are removed from the game, and any accomplices you currently had all receive -3 points.

I will be the overwatcher, which means I will set the conditions, who has which target, and I will keep track of the points. I also ask that for each "letter" (which will be private convos) that I be included so that I can watch the game's progress. There are also some smaller details that I need to discuss with the players but that can happen once we have the players chosen.

Finally, there will be two winners - The last remaining player, and the player who obtained the most points. Each winner will receive 5000 radiants a piece.

For this first test run game, I am only looking for at most six players. What I need from players are people that will be very active on the forums - as in checks and posts at least one time a day, though checking more often is even better. Secondly, I need players that will not metagame or cheat. Finally, this game requires a certain level of creativity and initiative, which means some people will not have a good time playing. If you don't understand how to get someone out based on the previous example and you can't come up with similar ideas, you might want to sit this one out.

Do I have any volunteers?

Machy234

Lord of Altera
I love the idea of this but I'm afraid I can't join cause I'm going on Holiday tomorrow so I can't be active. Good luck with this though, and I'd love to take part in any repeats of this game in the future. :D

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
In character, non-canon. Should be done over the forums, mostly through "letters," and some forum roleplay.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I am guessing the requirements now.. Catch the Archbishop praying to a God of Evil ..
While that would be very amusing, and the conditions will be difficult to achieve, I won't purposefully do something that goes against everything the target stands for.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
So far we have:

K9
BLarg
Val
Mega
and possibly Faelin.

I need 1-2 more people before we begin. If you ever wanted to try and outwit opponents in subtle writing, I highly suggest joining. It'll be first come first serve so get in while you can.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Alright, that's it. Floor is closed. We have:

K9
BLarg
Mega
Val
Man
Jstar
and I'll leave the option open to Faelin if she wants in.

I will open a private convo with you all in it to discuss the rules a bit more in detail, field any questions you may have, and then we will begin!

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Keep a record of all actions made during the game, then post it at the end, for us to see the evolution of the game hour by hour / day by day ! :D

Schirf

Settling in Altera
I have a question... are participants allowed to get help from outside of the player set?