Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Public Appeal as Requested by Staff [Unbanned - K9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
These are the offending emotes that have been deemed powergaming.

1. He hefts the bidenhander up to rest on his shoulder, otherwise awkward to carry about.
2. He hefts up the sword by the blade, and would bring the pommel down on Aragion's helmet.
3. When Aragion sheathes his sword, Florian would thrust for the man's eyeslit.
4. He thrusts for Aragion's eyeslit.

JCST_Cap -> ActualCannibal: i'm gonna wait until he lets his guard down then brain him with my sword

I'll explain each one in detail.

1. This emote was given in an attempt to detail a weakness of my own and was also emoted before the fight began as, honestly, flavour text so I'm not just emoting 'holds sword'. A bidenhander can be around six feet long, and is rather heavy. I was emoting my character struggling. Although I'm unsure how exactly this could be taken as power gaming, I believe that it's just a misunderstanding, and that it was assumed I was informing someone else that their weapon would be awkward to carry.

2. In this emote I lifted the sword from my shoulder, and attempted to bring it down onto Aragion. The key word being the 'would', which is a universal inclusion in a majority of combat RPs to denote an attempt. The message carried by 'would' is that 'My sword WOULD hit you, in the event that I do not miss, and you do not counter my sword hitting you.'

3. After Aragion emoted sheathing his sword, I thrusted towards his eye slit. In the emote I do not say that I thrust INTO the man's eyeslit, and nowhere do I imply that he cannot counter. Only that I thrust my sword towards it, allowing him to counter. What he cannot counter is the act of me thrusting, as his sword is sheathed and I am outside of grabbing distance. He can however avoid my thrust connecting by dodging or countering my blade, or by me missing. But the actual act of me thrusting cannot be stopped, as he does not control my muscles.

4. Emote number four is a condensed version of emote three.

5. This PM was sent to the person who had paid me to enter combat with Aragion, and was intended to inform someone who was watching the combat roleplay of my intentions for winning the fight. Alison (the character whos player I PMed) is a pregnant woman and also unarmed and unarmoured. There was never intention from either of us to involve her in the fight with that PM, just to tell a spectator to the fight what would be occurring. I thought she would want to know.

To sum it up - it was a misunderstanding of emotes taken out of context.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Cap,

After a long period of deliberation and discussion, the staff team have agreed to accept your unban appeal. The points that you raised were valid, and were taken into consideration when the decision was being made.

However, this unban is being granted to you, under some grounds. They are as follows:

• We request that you acknowledge that you, 'you' being the collective behind the post entitled ‘Swords Are No Longer Allowed to Touch Shoulders’, should have approached staff PRIOR to the posting of this thread. Be it via. private message or ban appeal, it does not matter. However, the thread did incite a drama storm, which is the last thing anybody wants more of. We believe that by approaching us first, a resolution of the situation could have been reached before any hostility had occurred.
Shall you agree to the acknowledgement outlined above, this post will then be posted on the thread entitled ‘A Public Appeal as Requested by Staff’, to which you may respond. This is for the reason of showing the communication that occurred prior to your acknowledgement, and not that it was something you did to change our minds before the conclusion was reached.

Thank you for co-operating with us during this. I hope that this will encourage a greater level of communication between staff and players, and improve the levels of cohesion through the server as a whole.

-K9
-K9

Last edited:

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Locked for the current time.

-K9

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
After a long discussion, an agreement was made between Cap and the Staff Team. Locked, moved, and unbanned. Welcome back!

-K9

Status
Not open for further replies.