Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A treatise on the doctrines of Korog

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
12.png

Korog’s Doctrine said:
1. O’ thy shall remain faithful to Betrothed, to King, to Korog!
2. O’ thy shall defend the name of Korog, with prayer upon each Craft!
3. O’ thy shall respect the hammer, thy shall wield it wisely!
4. O’ thy shall strike without remorse nor hesitation!
5. O’ thy shall observe all directions of thy Father, thy Grandfather, thy King!
6. O’ thy shall work with dignity and drink with veracity, yet do both with diligence!
7. O’ thy shall not covet what is not thine own, yet craft thine own BETTER instead!
8. O’ thy shall be truthful within worship, within promise, within scripture lest thy steel be weakened and unreliable!
9. O’ thy shall observe the Divine Law.

A true Dwarf is the subject of Korog, a true Dwarf has Korog in their mind at all times for his doctrine is held dear and without alteration. Thus, is it not important that we understand this doctrine wholly?

The following words are what I believe to be the true meaning behind Korog's codified laws.

"O’ thy shall remain faithful to Betrothed, to King, to Korog!"
Many would take this to be obvious and straightforward as to it's meaning, however I am of the belief that instead of referring to three separate individuals, this refers only to Korog himself. A true Dwarf should always be engaged to, and occupied with, Korog. A true Dwarf should hold Korog as his King. A true Dwarf will always be the faithful to God.

"O’ thy shall defend the name of Korog, with prayer upon each Craft!"
I believe that this is to be taken in the context of a God's existence, a God relies upon the worship of it's subjects to prevent it becoming 'forgotten' and as such requires our defense in keeping the name Korog remembered and holy.

"O’ thy shall respect the hammer, thy shall wield it wisely!"
Dwarves and worshippers alike, devout and otherwise, recognise that our God's symbol is the Hammer. This refers to both respecting the power of our craft and the power of our God himself. One should recognise and respect the powers that their craft may grant, and wield such wisely. Ours is not the place to seek riches and glory, but to serve God as best we may. One should recognise and respect the power of God himself, and use his name wisely.

"O’ thy shall strike without remorse nor hesitation!"
I believe this is to have more application within craft itself, than it shall in combat as one may think. As God of the Craft, Korog is glorified upon every strike, and who is to say that this said strike is not influenced by Korog himself. One should not fret and worry about their actions if they believe they are right and just by this doctrine, for Korog himself may be acting through you.

"O’ thy shall observe all directions of thy Father, thy Grandfather, thy King!"
Once more, I refer to my earlier hypothesis, this refers not only to each in literal terms but to Korog himself also. He created us all, and thus is our Grandfather and Father, whilst being our superior in every way. A true Dwarf recognises no King but Korog, and Korog's chosen.

"O’ thy shall work with dignity and drink with veracity, yet do both with diligence!"
Once again, I find this to have basis in practice whilst also in the hypothetical. Both of these tasks are to be undertaken with care as one should not drink themselves to a stupour as this does not honour God, whereas drinking and respecting the craft does. One should not work themselves to a slumber as they may find themselves unable to glorify God through dignifying work. In terms of hypothetical, one should consider all acts in this way. Is this action a justification of God, will it bring him honour or will it be in-dignifying and false?

"O’ thy shall not covet what is not thine own, yet craft thine own BETTER instead!"
Jealousy is madness, a hysteria spread by Jishrim to cause dissent amongst the ranks of the faithful. Korog, the allfather, deems this idiocy. If one truly wants something, they will put in their effort and receive something that is not only their own, but endowed with time and effort spent honing one's skills, thus being better in that it bettered you.

"O’ thy shall be truthful within worship, within promise, within scripture lest thy steel be weakened and unreliable!"
Dishonesty is a seed of evil, planted and cultivated by Visage to cause our ranks to deform and twist to their maleficent ways. Korog dictates that one must be as Steel, as we use steel for tools and for weapons. Steel is reliable, strong and when placed in the right hands it can be used for great things. One must place themselves wholly in the hands of Korog through worship and acting upon the doctrine as such will keep them strong and reliable subjects of God.

"O’ thy shall observe the Divine Law."

God dictates that we must persecute heresy and defend the name of the Pantheon as to abandon such hopes would weaken their holy love for us.

Kristoff Stenashieldar
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Khargyra of Dwargar
Dwarf of Dunasten
Subject of God

OOC:
These are the IC deliberations of my Dwarven character, as such one may find themselves/their character disagreeing with them, if that is so and one wishes to perhaps RP or discuss their beliefs, feel free to contact me here.

This can be considered
common knowledge.