Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Abrylos

S

Stevey

PC 211
A cold wind sweeps through the empty halls of the Silver Palace. King Lars is standing underneath a newly errected ceiling, arrow in hand, magically changing the shape of the ceiling.

Across the room footsteps can be heard. A man with a worried look is speeding towards him. As the sun rises the man has to cover up his eyes from the reflections of the jeweled ceiling. As he approaches King Lars he kneels down, and says only "My lord,".

King Lars looks at the man and commands him to rise. "Tell me why you are here, you look worried.". The man rises and replies "My lord, one of our scouts has returned from a secret mission" "He was sent out with one other scout to explore and find new lands when they stumbled upon ruins of an ancient world. Our scholars have found mentions of it in the old scriptures, where it is mentioned as Abrylos. One of the scouts, named Georgy one-eyed, was slain by one of the foul creatures that roam the place now."

King Lars looks away and replies "This is worrisome, have these creatures been there all this time? Why have they never crossed into our realm? We need to find out more about this place. Send out explorers and adventurers, they will make easy fodder for finding out more about this place. We should not risk sending Steel's army until we know what we are facing."
By King's Decree all explorers, adventurers, treasure hunters and in other ways defenders of the realm are ordered to explore this new world. Find out what you can and report back here.

The elven mage Ducati has created a portal to this new realm, accessible through Port Silver.

Be warned though, this place is highly dangerous, you are advised to bring proper equipment and friends that are up to the task !

Oh, and when you see Georgy one-eyed's grave, plant him a flower. He would have wanted that.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera

Day I, Entry I
hour: 02:45 P.M.

The first day that me and my friends have entered this mysterious land of Abrylos, we were astonished at what we saw.......A vast desert...seemingly endless. Out of pure curiosity and fear of this new land we drew our swords and ventured out of the small sandstone hut that we were transported to. As soon as we stood a foot out, my friend ihavok,was immediatly attacked by what seemed to be,from my view a giant foot....realizing this i stabbed the "foot" and we took a run for it. we ran for what seemed like miles, we then spotted a Oasis and drank our fill, then, this is when our worst nightmares came true. Ferocious zombiepigmen, crawled from out of the ground,and things that resembled Giant Zombies came out from hiding. Cowering in fear,and confusion, we ran,ran as fast as we could, we hid in a nearby cave,until they left us alone,i ventured out and signaled ihavok the clear,and we ventured to One eyes grave we took a flower and planted them near his grave, ihavok then burst out "THATS IT!, we should biuld an outpost here, seeing as these god forsaken giants and pigmen arent leaving us alone!"
i agreed on the half witted idea,we then used the mountain and trees from the nearby oasis to build what is now a salvation for travelers.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
Day II, Entry II
Time:17:03 AM
The first horizon, we've seen after a freezing cold night in the desert, it was beautiful as well as nostalgic,we missed the green hills of our homelands. we've decided to venture out into the open while it was still daytime and there weren't as many giants roaming the area. We walked for several hours and ran upon what seemed to be a small pyramid shaped structure,ihavok was a little hesitant but then said that we should explore it for clues involving the area,i agreed, we ventured inside to what seemed to be a large staircase leading down to numerous passageways, we took a left and i almost fell into a pitfall trap,i was stupid to think that this wouldn't be rigged with dangerous traps,we moved onward avoiding numerous traps such as hidden TNT and cactus pits.
since we were underground we eventually lost track of time, we were down there for what seemed like a day or two and we decided then that there wasn't an end to this. on our way back we were careless thinking we had disarmed the traps already, we were wrong...DEAD wrong...we fell...down what seemed to be a system of tunnels,we had then noticed that we had landed on what seemed to be a mine but nothing was mined form it, there was gold diamonds redstone and even lapiz lazuli, everywhere! we were told not to mine anything until we gave a report to King Lars. With a chance for riches thrown away, we glumly walked though the tunnels until we found a staircase leading back up.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
Day IV, Entry III
Time:04:37 PM

By the time we got back to the Outpost it was late in the afternoon, and we knew several days had passed because the munitions we got from the king were eaten by rats, frustrated and annoyed we ventured out once again...hungry, in the search of clues and food, we found other adventurers they didn't give us they're names but they seemed friendly and willing to look for shelter as much as we were food. we took them back to the outpost and they noticed that we ran out of food, one of the strangers said "Hey, i noticed your munitions are gone...., how about we share our munitions as a thanks for your hospitality." we agreed without hesitations and thanked them thoroughly. They seemingly took a liking to the place because when we awoke the next morning they were still here, i said, "well seems like you've taken a liking to this place and woke them up abruptly, the other stranger said "we have nowhere else to stay" i said "yea yea i know take a joke please, not much fun out here ya know" they agreed with a simultaneous "tsch" . we then laughed and walked out into the Chaotic wilderness before us.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
Day VI, Entry IV
Time: 05:35 PM

King Lars came to get a report today,it went well though the fact is he came without warning, (talk about a Wake up call) i handed him the report and he said "Brave explorers, I've seen that you've been through hardships while you were here, im still holding back on whether or not i need to send out Steels army to vanquish these beasts"
i look to the left and the right of king lars and notice his two guards are fairly injured, i said "are you sure you can make it back alright, M'lord? your guards are fairly injured and night is approaching" He said "alas i may not make it back,and your right the cursed monsters that roam this land are also violent when the moon shows its face,very well i shall stay the night here." we replied simultaneously "thank you M'lord"

Later that night, we all seemed to realize that the tyrannical king lars was actually nicer than we had anticipated
we had drinks,laughed and were merry all night, yet with all that we still had a lingering fear that we would die someday in this cursed land.

Early that morning, King lars and his men had fully recuperated and were heading back to altera. We bid our kings farewell and returned to our outpost.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
Day VII, Entry V
Time: 3:02 PM

We had left later that day in search of clues leading to why these creatures Haven't set foot in altera.
We were exploring some of the strange mountains when one of our fellow travelers fell into one.
His companion in a rush of fear that he had died, yelled his name, to our surprise it was the hero of corbenic Arkkiane's name, and arkkaine replied to his partner "im ok, James!" this is what had confused us that day,why were they in the desert? after a we had jumped down after arkkaine we nitced he fell into what seemed to be one of the caves we ran into.but this one was strange it had an Erie linger to it and the snreats (the snorting scream a pigman makes) of tons of pigmen. Scared, we venture into the darkness of the caves, we see the ores like we saw before but they were covered in the remains of giants, and what was worse was the smell, i got sick myself a few times, but the fact is these remains, were ages old to brand new, our worst fear lingered in the back of our minds "we may have found a pigmen nest"

Despite that we move on pushing our way through the decaying remains, we took one last turn to be abruptly halted by arkkaine's frozen atmosphere, we looked around the corner to see tons of zombie pigmen feasting on live giants. out of fear we ran, never to return to that place again.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Day 1

I set out to explore the mysterious and dangerous new land, Abrylos. The portal to this new area took me to a desert, immediately the hot air and still wind made me realise just how different this place was. The sandstone building I stood in kept me safe for now; I peered outside to get a grasp on what I was facing here.

It was just daybreak as I left the small structure; I could see what seemed like an endless desert in every direction, strange stone towers were the only things I could see across the desert.

When I circled the sandstone building I saw my first enemy, a massive zombie! Rather than wait for the horrendous creature to attack first I drew out my bow and arrows, firing them and quickly correcting my aim when the first flew past the monster's ribs. It came after me at a slow crawl, my barrage of arrows enough to keep it stumbling backwards. I lost count at how many I threw at the massive beast but it eventually fell.

With the monster defeated I ran into a nearby cobblestone home, my first impression was that it was a mine entrance. It seemed to belong to two previous adventurers by the names of iHavok and Fleecywelshgez; I gazed around the small home briefly before I spotted the ladder leading downwards. I had no interest in exploring somewhere that’s already been seen, so I headed out once more.

I saw a tree nearby with stone and a sign posted to the tree, I went to the fenced area and carefully gazed upon what I knew was the grave of Georgy one-eyed. I had not brought a flower with me to put on his grave, so I stood in silence for a moment. I decided to continue with my journey, eating but a small bowl of mushroom soup I left the safe confides of the fence and left towards the strange stone pillar in the distance.

The tower was shorter than the others I had seen and emitted a familiar rumbling that I recalled was the sound of lava. Not wishing to press my luck with the assumed volcano, I pressed on as darkness began to coat the desert.

I came across an oasis and refreshed myself in the cool water, it made me recall days in the mines, where I would find small springs to wash off days worth of dirt and rest my weary self after ages of mining. But in the open desert I had no time to rest, there was another stone pillar on the horizon and I was determined to discover what was in this one.

I seemed to be making a habit of finding dangerous lava filled volcanos...

I decided to dig into the base and kept clear of the lava to stay the night, the monsters were far more aggressive in the darkness. Creature I thought belonged only in hell wandered the desert at night, while they didn't look as aggressive as I expected, the gold sword it wielded made me stay clear of the monster.

Day 2

During the sleepless night I became bored and couldn't help but try to dig beneath the volcano. Imagine my surprise as I dug through the ceiling of a room! The lava was pouring in from above, keeping the large square room incredibly well lit. When I jumped into the room I discovered two doors, not being able to decide which way to go, I chose the one furthest from me.

The hall looked the same at every step I took. After turning two corners, I heard an explosion! I turned and saw sand had fallen from the ceiling; there was a small room above me with a chicken inside... which had set off some loud explosives.

I came into a large circular room with no doors; I walked to the walls on each side and dug in, checking for a secret room. When I found nothing I had to assume THIS was the proper entrance into the temple.

On my return back to the lava room I was horrified to see an explosive had set off and ruined part of the wall and a lot of the floor. I could've been here when it went off! How terrible. Worried for my safety, I treaded more carefully into the other hallway.

Lucky I was well prepared for traps this time! I came across another ceiling trap and two others in the ground. I disarmed them both, not wanting to accidentally trip them if I came back.

The next room had a beautiful ice structure inside it. I wasn't sure if it meant anything but I wanted to check inside just in case it had any treasure hidden. I covered the top in dirt and broke through the cold surface with my pick. The statue held no treasure, but I was glad I checked anyway.

The next hallway had many holes through it, all in the ground, all of them gradually getting deeper as I came across another and another. I saw torchlight inside one of the holes, but didn't dare trying to follow them into such a horribly huge cavern.

I came across more torches, disappointed my discoveries seemed to be at an end, I tried to decide which way to go. This time I came across another lava room with four doors, I couldn't decide which way to go, so I turned back, someone has already been here.

Finally I found another dark hallway, with a quick grin I soon placed a torch on a nearby wall and walked through. This room had water flowing down from the ceiling, it was beautiful. The pool below it was lined with lapis, it was incredible to behold and I was glad I was exploring here.

Day 3

Another day passed while I was underground? I had no idea. I hope I don't spend too much time down here. I found another lapis lined pool, I would mine the beautiful blocks but I had already found enough lapis whilst mining, I was far more interested in exploring right now. Unfortunately this path was a dead end, I checked the walls for secret pathways before I left, somewhat disappointed.

I was sad to discover I had started to walk in circles, I found the ice statue I had ruined and decided it was time to leave this place.

I found my way out with ease and travelled towards two other towers I could see nearby, I easily assumed they were over parts of the underground place I discovered, but it was somewhere to travel to anyway. But besides a mound of sand, I saw a small pyramid, quickly forgetting the towers I raced down to its entrance. I was pleased to see there were no lights from previous exploration teams here and went inside.

There were some stairs, and at the base were the tunnels I had previously seen. I could tell someone else had been through here, simply because I only put torches on the left side support pillars. I found another deep hole and couldn't contain my curiosity; I dug down a stairway and sadly found just a pit. I returned to the surface at daybreak.

Day 4

I decided to leave this area and travel further away; I fought another giant along the way and found two strange structures. One was a pillar, but half or possibly even one third of the normal size, another looked like three or four pillars put together.
The smaller pillar was completely hollow with iron ore lining the edges, while I wanted to try and build a staircase down it, I didn't have the supplies, nor enough picks. So I went to the massive mountain of stone. It couldn't be called a pillar.

The first part I dug into had a massive hole inside as well! I was curious about the others, but couldn't resist this chance to explore here. I could see stairs and moss covered cobblestone below. After I dug lower I saw there was a doorway, I might go exploring for the pyramid that leads here instead, that would be far more interesting to write about!

The weather is dreadful! I and never going to a desert for a holiday! It has begun to pour and lightning even struck the sand I was near, frightened I ran to a nearby oasis, I can still hear the lightning hitting the ground. I know a tree is not the best of hiding places, but I am sure it's better than being out there with the giants.

I had half the amount of arrows that I started with, but still a good supply of food. I shall wait till morning and head toward the mountain again.

Day 5

I decided to break into the underground temple. I dug into the opposite side of the mountain and managed to dig my way into the sandstone building. The hallways seemed to go on forever, I found traces of other explorers and continued through the unlit hallways, making sure to leave the pathways I had gone clear. There were creepers and far more traps down these tunnels; I had a feeling they had to be guarding something precious.

I've lost count of time while lost in the long hallways and countless traps, so I returned to the spiral staircase, to travel down and find out what treasure it might hold. I have heard of chests full of gold, I can only hope to find at least something.

On my way down I saw rocks in the walls with red dust, like blood crushed between the stones, it was eerie on the staircase now, and the echoing wind through the tunnels was unnerving.

There was a pool of water at the bottom, I swam across and found just bare walls of stone. The tunnels went on for what seemed forever, I decided to pick a path and was delighted to see a familiar ore catch my eye. Lapis and gold! Wonderful! I travelled further, seeing iron, and more Redstone. I wanted to see where all this could lead and I knew I found the treasure this time, the cave ended and was filled with diamonds, I was so thrilled I yelled in joy at the find and began digging right away.

I plan on returning after digging out the gold and lapis I found, but my report is complete. The land of Abrylos is dangerous, but filled with amazing treasures.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
:eek:
I went there.
And i killed in excess of 20 giants without getting hit.
I want "Giant Slayer" to be my title XD

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
/root_ping... Please Define var_name "Army"..........
i did it with my fists.

like a real man

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
:)
If you wanna see it then next time were on then ill show you.
Although, after the ~24 one i did get hit once, and then i had to leave.
Ill show you, its really fun.

btw shadow, i think half of my likes are from you :D

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
:)
If you wanna see it then next time were on then ill show you.
Although, after the ~24 one i did get hit once, and then i had to leave.
Ill show you, its really fun.

btw shadow, i think half of my likes are from you :D
huh, your probably right, just means that you have a good opinion....but if you want me to unlike them all and stop liking them just say it.....