Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ace's Application [Approved- solus]

Vael

Legend of Altera
About you
1) What is your username?
Junyad

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?
Florida, USA

4) Have you read our guides yet?
Mhmm, I read over the (human and human subrace) lore as well as everything you all link to accepted applicants. I will probably need to tab the commands for reference, but all else is fairly standard.

5) Introduce yourself!
Sure.

In a year I will be graduating with a Bachelor's in actuarial science. In case you're unaware, actuarial science is not a science at all, but rather applied statistics and math. And most go on to work for insurance companies, performing analytics and making bank. I'm starting an internship in the beginning of next month.

In terms of fun, well, roleplaying (as you might have guessed) is a major part of it. In the past, I liked to hold small events- like festivals and special nights at the tavern- to energize the community. I also enjoy worldbuilding, with an interest particularly away from bland European-inspired fantasy cultures which to me are a bit tiresome. Otherwise, fun includes reading, research, and studying for the MFE exam in November (the latter of which is not so fun).

My intention is to play lightly but consistently, which will hinge entirely upon my internship and other (apparently vague) factors.

6) Got any examples of your work?
I can build petty things, like individual buildings, in Minecraft with a fair amount of detail. Same with interior design, but neither match the level of what I have seen on this server thus far.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?
The spawn town and Thiil. The builds are impressive, of course, though I'm more interested in what the roleplay community is like.

8) Referrer: (Optional)
None.

About your Character
Name:
Ebel

Race:
Human

Appearance:

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths:
o Trained in soothsaying through the use of divination cards.
o Experienced in folk dances
o Adaptable to her environment
- Quick to learn skill-less, non-rigorous trades​
o Approaches life with optimism and curiousity.
- Genial to those she encounters​

Fears:
o Physical harm
o Disease
o Death
o Silence
o Isolation

Weaknesses:
o Uneducated
- Ignorant of a great many academic subjects
- Illiterate​
o Poor soothsayer (in both meanings of the word)
- Her net worth can be measured by hand in sweet teas
- By her own admission, she is 'correct' 1 in 4 times​
o Inability to defend herself
- Not raised with any weapons training
- Does not currently carry weapons​
o Persistent gambling addiction.
o Submissive when threatened with physical harm
- Cowardly, too, when faced with her other fears​
o Difficult to understand due to her mannerisms of speech
- Featuring standard peasant talk with a Senegalese accent
- In addition, crude and loose-tongued in speech​
o Easily persuaded by rads and emeralds
o Short-sighted in goals, pursuing current pleasure over long-term benefit
o Superstitious in thought, resulting in false connections and erratic behavior
o Lazy (and snarky). If there is a shortcut, she will abuse it

Intelligence: The bottom quintile of the population,
Languages: Common
Profession: Vagabond/Soothsayer

The Test
((Apologies ahead of time for inconsistencies in accents. It happened while trying to create the other's accent.))

Ebel ran into the Crossroads with a hand to her chest as she breathed heavily. Exasperated, she slunk against the wall and fiddled with a pocket to the interest of the barkeep. Interest was, of course, relevant, as the man had an elbow on the counter and rested a hand boredly against his cheek.

"Stormin' heavy tonight, yeah? The folk here would settle for ah hearth at home over an ale."

Ebel would produce a small wooden box, tracing a hand over the rim as she spoke, "T'be honest, it was 'de first place Ah saw. Though M'mum said 'is bad fortunes t'not pay yer respects at 'de tavern when ye first come in."

She walks over to the counter, dripping water from her robes and hair in small puddles, "Whij' means lucky me. What can Ah get fer -'dese-"

She lays five radiants on the counter with a grin.

The barkeep looks less than impressed, "The list's behind me."

Ebel leans against one of the tall chairs, offering a shrug in return, "Can't read."

The barkeep pushes the radiants back over, "With that, you could get have half ah sweet tea."

Ebel pushes them back towards him, "An' what if Ah want ah -whole- sweet tea?"

"Then you better be comin' up with ten."

She grins, "Soun's like s'time fer ah gamble 'den. I lose, you get 'de five. I win, I get five."

"I don't-"

"S'reeaal simple Whiskey," she says, producing ten dice from a pouch as the barkeep mouths 'Whiskey' in confusion, "I be explainin' 'de rules now-"

"Girl, I don't gamble. Only Jax's fools so it. I came to own this inn 'n tavern through risks, not gambles. An' we here favor Silas anyhow. Ye' even know what I'm talkin' 'bout?"

Ebel gulps, running a hand over the wooden box, "Yeah, uh, a lil'. Ah like Jax. No need to, ah, burn 'de clothes right off ah me. I amn't heathen."

Ebel blinks as something comes to mind, smiling as she adds, "But Ah can tell ah fortune if'n that'll pay th'rest."

The bartender looks to the woman as she takes a deck of cards out of the box, "Not interested. Ah've already seen Snorri this past week."

She persists with a grin, "But 'dese ones're accurate one outta four times, whij' is real good!"

"Tha's-"

"Real good, yeah!I be sayin' that. Now if'n ye jus' focus-"

"Sounds worse a deal than the gamble."

"So we gamblin' now?"

The bartender shake his head, "Yknow what? Sounds easier now t'just take the five an' make th'rest charity. Don't get many so...interestin' by chance."

He pockets the five, going to boil some water and collect a few spices, "So 'long as you're moppin' up the floors later. Ye' practically brought the storm in with ye'."

She smiles sheepishly, "Sorry 'bout 'dat Whiskey. Jus' so muj' rain, couldn't even be tol'ratin' it one bit longer."

The bartender wipes at his eyes, looking over his shoulder, "What knowledge brings you all the way out here?"

Ebel runs her fingers over the sides and faces of the deck, "Jus' wanderin'. 'Dere was a road an' I followed 'et here. Steps were terrible 'dough, too many of 'em fer mah likin'."

Ebel adds more quietly, "Where am Ah even?"

He takes spices in hand and places them into the water, not even surprised by Ebel at this point, "The town of Thiil."

"An' where is 'dat?"

"You don't even know where you are?"

Ebel laughs, "Not at all! Ah wake up a few days 'go, confused rightly, an' I be wonderin' where Ah am. Not home, tha's fer sure. See an Elven lady who been helpin' wanderers an' 'den sail off to a town, whij' is real weird. Real helpful folk, yeah, givin' me stuff 'dat ah don' even need like ah sword 'n pickaxe. An' listen! Ah never touched a sword in m'life! I be panickin' when he drew it 'cause I 'dought he'd slice be t'bits. And ah pickaxe, what do Ah do wid' -'dat-? Heavy too; good way t'be breakin' yer knees if ye' travel a lot. Tha's some'din' ah learned too! Think I traded it fer some soup anyhow..."

She taps a finger on the counter, "I lost what I be even sayin'."

The bartender pours the tea into a cup, "An' I lost track of what you were sayin' half-way."

Ebel smiles, "Ah really do appreciate it Whiskey."

The bartender slumps against a wall, "And I'd appreciate it next time if you called me Thom. Can't tell if you're mockin' me or tryin' to be endearin'."

"Sounds ratheh endearin', don't it Thom? An' if yer wonderin' who Ah am, well, name's Ebel."

She blows onto the tea and cautiously takes a small bit by spoon to sip, "Y'know, me comin' this late, coincidin' on this spot, Ah think s'-destiny-. 'De real sort."

Thom seems to look up in thought, then lowers his look toward her, "Ye' said you could read fortunes?"

Ebel looks up from her tea to the man, "Sure can. Used t'be able to do a good deal o'augury- birds flyin' 'bout are good sources of divinin'. Just see none I recognize. But I got these cards wid' me and can do a good deal wid' 'em."

He pushes from the wall to get to a stand, "One out ah five times?"

"Tha's four. I exper'yenced!"

Thom walks over, "Well, I need somethin' to pass the next hour. Let's see how good you are."

Ebel blinks, then grins as she pushes the tea aside in favor of the cards, "So what do ye' wanna know?"

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Lovely application. It looks very well written and thought out! I just have a concern that your ign may get filtered in our in-game chat as we do block certain words for many reasons. If it's possible- I'd like to recommend a bit of a name change so that no problems occur.

Vael

Legend of Altera
As utterly heart-wrenching as it is to give up such a beauteous username...well, sure.

New Username: Junyad

Also, a brief question if you wish to answer it: is the password for TS given in-game or elsewhere?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Thank you for that! And the password is given in-game, so go ahead and ask the OOC channel. They'll be sure to answer. Send me a conversation if they don't and I'll send it.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.