Additional Stuff for Prestige Plugin (Per Request)

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Was asked to put these on the forums by staffies.

1) Default for new house is not to apply taxation rules.

2) When a house changes their rules to apply taxes, it requires members accept them. On next login, they get a large message with the changes to the rules, and which explains what the consequences of accepting the new tax rules would mean for them. They can choose to Accept these, and stay in the house, or to Reject them, and drop from the house/organization. Taxation is not applied until the change is accepted.

3) Before entering a house/organization, a full summary of the conditions required for the house/organization should be displayed before the Yes/No prompt, including taxes or any special requirements/description text the leaders have prepared. (Faction is Peaceful/Violent, etc)

Reasons motivating suggestion:

Preventing the previous taxation abuses wherein a house leader sets the taxation rate to maximum while several members of the house are absent/on leave and siphons off the entirety of their money without them being able to do anything.

Antilogy

#ImNotKiddingMaddi
Retired Staff
Was asked to put these on the forums by staffies.

1) Default for new house is not to apply taxation rules.

2) When a house changes their rules to apply taxes, it requires members accept them. On next login, they get a large message with the changes to the rules, and which explains what the consequences of accepting the new tax rules would mean for them. They can choose to Accept these, and stay in the house, or to Reject them, and drop from the house/organization. Taxation is not applied until the change is accepted.

3) Before entering a house/organization, a full summary of the conditions required for the house/organization should be displayed before the Yes/No prompt, including taxes or any special requirements/description text the leaders have prepared. (Faction is Peaceful/Violent, etc)

Reasons motivating suggestion:

Preventing the previous taxation abuses wherein a house leader sets the taxation rate to maximum while several members of the house are absent/on leave and siphons off the entirety of their money without them being able to do anything.
Thanks for submitting this. When ptiber frees up to release new content for prestige, I'll make sure we consider it.

Asrequested by Ptiber my thoughts in that regard:

Personally I'd rather have a guild chat.
While I do see the argument that Houses only have taxex and pockets over organisations otherwise, it is imho forgotten that they can also take vassals and get a cut on people getting their noble ranks - things guilds don't get.
If there is a need for an additional advantage over houses organisations could just get limited bank space aka being able to take just 500k into the guild bank compared to the limitless space houses get.
I just don't think taking a guilds way of ingame communication is too good.
As for channels being an alternative - the difference is the lack of need for eleborate moderation;

People will automatically leave/get kicked out of the channel when the user leaves the guild. Sure you could protect the channel with passwords, but you'd have to change that every time someone leaves the guild.

So yeah I at least would exchange the the limitlessness of the guild bank for a guild chat any time. tbh if necessary I'd exchange it for the bank althogether.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I have incorporated this feedback in the plugin and it's already live on the server.
I'll be looking at your other comments next.