Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Additions to the lore department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
You know I like drama driven stories a lot, and I appreciate the transparency, but I honestly think you should move this discussion into an environment where third parties can't pour oil into the fire.
Solus
Lannis
TheDeester
I do agree with this. This thread is shit because of HW’s resident nihilists taking this opportunity to show how they are all knowing and definitely more knowledgeable than staff. Staff should discuss this privately, and maybe open a Q&A thread about it. No work will be done if time is wasted responding to a generic, pessimistic response by the many people who have been giving their opinions on this thread.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
I do agree with this. This thread is shit because of HW’s resident nihilists taking this opportunity to show how they are all knowing and definitely more knowledgeable than staff. Staff should discuss this privately, and maybe open a Q&A thread about it. No work will be done if time is wasted responding to a generic, pessimistic response by the many people who have been giving their opinions on this thread.
hello i have been avoiding this thread's discussion because it's frustratingly pointless but i cannot let a travesty such as this stand

ni·hil·ism
ˈnīəˌlizəm,ˈnēəˌlizəm/
noun
  1. the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.
and a nihilist is the word for someone who follows this philosophy not a general insult
that is all

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Isolate. Discredit. Purge.

Reeeeputation Mechanics. Remember that big thread? So far I am one for one on the list of 'Folks that will be next.'

Do you have your own opinions or is the only benefit you provide to discourse to make 'Us vs Them' interludes every time thus far? Nihilist is... I'm not sure you're using that word right.
Blarg, got it in one.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
hello i have been avoiding this thread's discussion because it's frustratingly pointless but i cannot let a travesty such as this stand

ni·hil·ism
ˈnīəˌlizəm,ˈnēəˌlizəm/
noun
  1. the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.
and a nihilist is the word for someone who follows this philosophy not a general insult
that is all
Isolate. Discredit. Purge.

Reeeeputation Mechanics. Remember that big thread? So far I am one for one on the list of 'Folks that will be next.'

Do you have your own opinions or is the only benefit you provide to discourse to make 'Us vs Them' interludes every time thus far? Nihilist is... I'm not sure you're using that word right.
Blarg, got it in one.
My apologies on the wrong word, I have seen it used as a synonym for pessimist many times :( But thanks for the correction!
Also, that was just my opinion. To sorta tl;dr it, I think the argument should be taken to private so people aren’t shouting around and giving their opinion. A separate Q&A can be opened dedicated to that.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Locking this behind closed doors will only serve to appease the 10% of the community that can't handle conflict and alienate the rest even further. It would make all of this a waste of time. This is the first transparent staff discourse we've seen in a very long time, and it's a stretch to call it staff discourse because one of the sides is now only a standard user.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Locking this behind closed doors will only serve to appease the 10% of the community that can't handle conflict and alienate the rest even further. It would make all of this a waste of time. This is the first transparent staff discourse we've seen in a very long time, and it's a stretch to call it staff discourse because one of the sides is now only a standard user.
I’m all for transparency, but not in the way this is. As such I suggested a Q&A thread about the situation, because this is a thread about the Lore team, not about their differences and arguments

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
what an awful answer
If I'd thought you did good I would have said so.
This server seems to be ran by misunderstandings.
------------------------------------------------------
Everyone needs to find ways to be encouraging while also releasing their frustrations in helpful criticism.
Let's stop being shitheads over stupid stuff. I don't like you and you don't like me but let's at least pretend to tolerate each other in public.
I still feel strongly about every point I've made, and always will, but I'm saying outright that I was a cunt in going about it. Splitting the community did nothing but cause more problems, and I lacked tact.
I realise that my arguments and goals are useless if I don't treat people with respect while obtaining them.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
We're going to talk about this today since I don't want misinformation spreading further.
. . .my attempts at balance were overridden because you felt I was being harsh by considering the other members of the playerbase that would have to interact with lore items in question. I was rebuked, mocked, and had people fully decline working with me while you commended no respect in turn . . .
I'm pretty sure I know the situation you are talking about here, Dee. I am fully capable of explaining and quoting exactly what you did in the convo if you'd like. Because you weren't being seen as too harsh by "considering the other members of the playerbase". This quote is a misrepresentation of the situation.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I'm just here to say that I am reading all the responses here. And while I think some are showing a rather nasty side, I do believe that this is necessary, and even healthy, to still see and air it in the open. While I'm still getting adjusted and just got added to more lore conversations than I thought could exist, I will say that if you need me, feel free to contact me. I'm a busy soul with my teaching, but I do make time to answer questions.

I would ask that we try and keep things constructive, however. The feelings on both sides are fairly justified. However I'm willing to work with anyone who puts forward a good attitude and a willingness to compromise.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
blargtheawesome Naelwyn it just occurred to me that while writing my first post earlier, my brain farted and confused nihilism with cynisim. I meant to refer to the latter, my bad

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I'm just here to say that I am reading all the responses here. And while I think some are showing a rather nasty side, I do believe that this is necessary, and even healthy, to still see and air it in the open. While I'm still getting adjusted and just got added to more lore conversations than I thought could exist, I will say that if you need me, feel free to contact me. I'm a busy soul with my teaching, but I do make time to answer questions.

I would ask that we try and keep things constructive, however. The feelings on both sides are fairly justified. However I'm willing to work with anyone who puts forward a good attitude and a willingness to compromise.
My main issue with it is that it allows people to pour oil into the fire, which usually doesn't make it any better. Basically it will never calm down as there is a chance that someone says something that will reignite the flames of argument as one side suddenly feels the need to defend itself.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
My main issue with it is that it allows people to pour oil into the fire, which usually doesn't make it any better. Basically it will never calm down as there is a chance that someone says something that will reignite the flames of argument as one side suddenly feels the need to defend itself.
but dracon aren't we all mature, productive, community-driven likeminded people who all have eachother's best interests and good times at heart? who would ever go onto a minecraft fantasy roleplay forum just to make other people upset and to try to force their will upon the rest of the community?

Colonelgames

Lord of Altera
Legend
Colonelgames
Colonelgames
Legend
The event was ran for the server, and was broadcasted as an event on the server. Having a set thread for it and having 50+ people show up is not only inorganic, it's cathartic and would have been detrimental to DM. If we reward players online by giving them random happenings for 'being online', then there's more incentive to log on. A giant, ceremonious reveal is no doubt sickening after 3 of them are dropped near instantly afterward.
I really love that idea actually. It gives a reason to get on and rp other than to just get on when there's a big event.

Last edited:

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
See, you have to understand, I have a thick skin. I understand that while the responses may come off as gruff and sometimes rude (from either party), that they come from a place of frustration and a desire for change.

No amount of salt on here will compare to my 7th period class of 7th graders and the way they make me feel.

I'd rather they tell me something to my face than to have them talk behind my back. Besides, my ears have been burning since this began.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I really love that idea actually. It gives a reason to get on and rp other than to just get on when there's a big event.
Meh, it's sort of nice. Sporadic events do seem nice, but maybe not /huge, major/ events.
Like the Makani introduction for instance, that wouldn't have been a good sporadic event as it is such a big thing, ICly. I think having small events that convince people that the campaign isn't dead would be nice. Why can't we have a demon attack or two? More slime monsters? Bone monsters? Red skeleton? All of these loose ends need a resolution, and small events with more appearances from them can lead up to big preplanned events that advance the campaign by giving it a proper story and feel of continuity.

I actually made sure to proofread so I am using words correctly SWEAT

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
If there are lines being crossed, then of course it'd be time to put the conversation to rest. But if we can respect each other in our posts, then there should be no reason to do so.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
------------------------------------------------------
I've made as many genuine attempts at attempting to be more supportive and constructive with my criticism as we've had threads asking where events are and why lore is such a mess. Outbursts as well. Mind you I am not saying that you didn't just fuck me hard and long, but I was considering replying with a response from staff every thread we've had promising solutions to the same issues over the past two years, or the last thread for this very campaign where Lannis had no response to "When is the campaign coming back?" But frankly that'd be as large a waste of my time as I am sure going through my post history to comb for what you wanted to say was for your own. I will admit that I feel so failed and slighted by the staff team over the past year or so that I have made a myriad of harsh, bitter comments here. When it comes down to it the staff team will continue to deliver a third of their promises and events will continue to stall infinitely.

I gave Lannis so much praise over his campaign that more than a few of my friends said I was dumb for doing so, because he would fail to deliver again.

I told everyone to have faith that Solus and the staff team would be willing to work with us and repair the hateful relationship that's developed. They said I was wasting my time.

I said that if we used the report system they'd stop the problems we've faced from other players - they told me there was no point.

They were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.