Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

AdventurousOwl's Application [Approved - Paint]

AdventurousOwl

Villager
1.What is your Minecraft username?
AdventurousOwl

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Malaysia

4. Have you read the
King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming
?
Metagaming is the act of using information that your IC wouldn’t have known about, but the OOC would, for your IC’s advantage.
Powergaming is the act of doing something that gives another player little to no time to react and works in your IC’s favour, for example: I shot him in the head with my bow and arrow, immediately killing him.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Squidziod

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am 14 years old. Currently going through my second year in high school. My hobbies include, drawing, reading, watching videos, or anime. I am quite introverted and prefer to keep to myself most of the time. When it comes to real life, I'd pick a book over socializing any day, except for when it comes to one of my close friends. I also absolutely despise public speaking.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
-

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server
?
Yes, I was referred to the server by a good friend of mine, Crescentgamer.

About Your Character!
Character Name
:
Syretia Glaux

Character Age
:

Character Race
:
Moor Elf

Appearance
:
Hair: Black, braided, swayed across the left side of her shoulder.
Eye color: Brown.
Skin color: Grey.
Clothing: A long red woolen robe, with a hood (usually worn down), as well as a white, long sleeved tunic underneath a grey, sleeveless tunic, along with a brown belt going around the waist, and black pants and leather boots.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

- “Hey, Sy” said a voice from somewhere above me.

- Without looking up from the book in which I was immersed in, I said, “What do you want, Andrus?”

- “Oh, nothing, I’m just bored.” said Andrus.

- Annoyed, I asked, “Then why aren’t you training with Tybalt?”

- “I would, if I could find him, I’ve been looking around all day!” Andrus said.

- Just then, we heard footsteps of a person running towards our general direction, it was Tybalt, he had a face full of sweat and was gasping for air, along with a grin on his face and an item in his hands, covered by a purplish-red piece of cloth.

- “Well speak of the devil.” Andrus said, followed by the question, “Where have you been?!” and the phrase, “I’ve been waiting and looking for you all day!”

- “Hey, sorry, I had to meet up with blacksmith Cedrich to get something, then I went around looking for you.” He said with as he ran up to us. “What are you guys doing here anyways?” He asked.

- I pointed to myself and said, “Reading.” then to Andrus and said, “Annoying.”.

- “Oi! I was not being annoying.” Andrus blurted out. “Besides, the only reason I came here in the first place was because I was looking for Ty. Ugh, what did you have to get from blacksmith Cedrich anyways? I’m assuming it has something to do with whatever’s under that cloth” Andrus said.

- “And, that assumption is correct, I was getting this.” Tybalt said as he unsheathed the cloth, revealing a finely forged falchion.

- “Whoa” Andrus said while staring at the weapon in awe.

- “Pretty cool right?” Tybalt said with pride. “I’ve named ‘er the Gratibani, Gra representing grey, clouded, and tibani, goodbye, a farewell, the Clouded Farewell, and, I was hoping to test ‘er out in the training hall.”

- “Well what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” Andrus said at once, obviously excited to see the new weapon in action.

- I hastily closed my book, intentionally making a loud thud as I did so, attracting the attention of my two elder brothers. “I’m coming too.” I said.

- My two brothers, whom both knew of my interest in swordplay and weaponry, though were also well aware of our parents’ disapproval in me using a weapon, or even learning to, for that matter took a few seconds to take things into consideration. The first to have said a word was Tybalt, whom said, “Well sure, if you want to.”

- However, Andrus said, “Wait, would father and mother allow that? We could get in trouble.”

- Tybalt replied saying, “I mean, we wouldn’t have to worry a thing if we just don’t tell them. Besides, it’s not like she’s actually holding the sword or really learning or anything, she’s just, spectating.”

- Andrus’ face still displayed a look of worry and uncertainty. “But-” Andrus said, only to be cut off by Tybalt, quickly saying “Let’s go!” and proceeded to walk off. Without hesitation, I stood up from the place in which I was reading my book and followed after Tybalt in hopes that Andrus would give in and speak no more of the matter. With a sigh, Andrus eventually joined us on our walk to the training hall.

- Tybalt, apparently feeling rather joyful at that moment said, “How ‘bout later on we go to the top of the mountains and watch the sun set? Just like old times!”And that’s exactly what we did.

- The very next day, we found a note from Tybalt stating that he had left to travel the world and discover the various wonders it held out there. He wrote that he might even visit some of the larger cities that have been formed through time, that he wanted to have an adventure he would never had been able to if he had stayed. He had taken some supplies, and the falchion, Gratibani, otherwise known as the Clouded Farewell, with him. He thanked us for everything, and said that he may return to us one day.

- Our whole family was in despair, I started questioning myself, questioning our family, was there really something out there that was worth leaving us for? How could he have done such a thing? Questions upon questions that no one would be able to answer, no one except for him, and so I made a promise to myself that day, to find out why, Tybalt had left, either it’d be figuring it out through him, or by venturing out myself.

- So, about four years later, after the celebration of my 18th birthday, I did exactly what my elder brother did all those years ago. Only this time, I had little to no supplies with me, and no weapon to defend myself. There’s no turning back now, I have to do this, to see what’s really out there with my own two eyes, for myself.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Hey there, this has been seen. I'll have a mentor with you as soon as possible

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.