Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Advertisement- The Wonders of Olive Oil

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Flyers like these are passed around by an man with a thick accent akin to Greek and Italian. He also offers passerbys tiny spoonfuls of olive oil.

Butter, Vegetable Oil and Lard...
Are all trash when compared with to olive oil! Yes, this yellow substance may seem innocent and boring, but did you know that it has medicinal and dermatological benefits? No? Well, take a look at this wonderful list!

1. Olive oil is great for people who have perpetually dry skin! The naturally moisturizing oil will hydrate your skin and prevent it from drying out in the heat, or in the cold!
  2. Tired of dry, dull looking hair? Like with dry skin, olive oil can help one's hair retain moisture AND spruce it up, making it not only look healthier, but feel healthier as well!
  3. Olive oil is a good poison purge! Should someone ingest poison, the doctors in Astrakhan recommend crushed charcoal and olive oil. The charcoal counteracts most of the poison, and the olive oil lubricates the stomach lining, causing the person to purge any remaining poison from their system! This method has saved hundreds of lives!
Now, this may look seem all very well and good, you ask, but is it edible? YES! Olive oil is used in many dishes across Astrakhan and the Southern areas. From using in saucepans, frying meats, to even flavoring ice cream, olive oil is a tasty and delectable substance. It can even be mixed with different ingredients such as garlic, vanilla, or pepper to accentuate the olive oil's natural flavor- which can be slightly peppery or even slightly sweet.

Olive oil is also an excellent substitute for other fats! Doctors traveling from the south have noticed that northerners who use animal or vegetable oils often seem to be at a higher risk of a diseased heart or even clogged arteries. However, compared to people who use olive oil at the same rate seem to be less at risk for the aforementioned plights.

What else can this wondrous oil and plant do?

Well, aside from creating long lasting and fragrant flames as lanterns, the wood from the olive tree creates beautiful furnitures. Olives are also edible and delicious when prepared in brine and garlic. Olive oil can also be infused into soaps and lotions.

Now, if you're interested in buying this healthy, life-saving, and tasty substance, then you must travel to Astrakhan and meet up with the Herenii family- who will sell you the following amounts for the following prices. While expensive to manufacture due to the olive's growth cycle, the benefits of this substance is well worth it, and definitely a statement of wealth for any home in the North.

The first four products are by default, made from olives pressed in late summer and early fall- they are better for garnishing rather than frying and cooking. If you wish for cooking oil, go to the bottom of the list.

1. An amphorae (clay pot- roughly two gallons) of olive oil- a thousand radiants.

2. A gallon of olive oil- five hundred radiants

3. A small jug of olive oil- two hundred radiants

4. A vial of olive oil- a five radiants

5. A single olive-oil fueled lantern- six hundred radiants

6. A dozen bars of olive oil infused soap- three hundred radiants

7. A package of four hundred (pitted) olives of the table variety (WARNING: These olives do not make good oil, they are better for eating.)- One hundred radiants.

8. A jug of olive oil-infused lotion- four hundred radiants

9. Specific flavorings to the olive oil will cost you two additional radiants to each amphorae, gallon, jug, or vial.

1o. A recipe book of olive and olive oil dishes- twenty radiants

11. A gallon of cooking olive oil (made from olives pressed in late fall and early winter)- two hundred radiants. Better for frying and cooking with, less aromatic and flavorful, but still delicious.

Get your olive products today!

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
This guy burning food oil for light when there's unlimited whales
Whales take time and energy- and even lives- to kill and harvest. Olives may take some time, but they don't kill anyone lol.

Also, I legit miss Spain and Spanish food. This advertisement only makes it worse :(

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Whales take time and energy- and even lives- to kill and harvest. Olives may take some time, but they don't kill anyone lol.

Also, I legit miss Spain and Spanish food. This advertisement only makes it worse :(
I was making a joke but whale oil was much preferred over olive oil in preindustrial times for light.

While I'm at it, olive trees were worth their weight in gold and that furniture is severely underpriced unless it's using diseased or pruned wood. The trees live for centuries, so cutting one down for furniture is bad business sense.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I was making a joke but whale oil was much preferred over olive oil in preindustrial times for light.

While I'm at it, olive trees were worth their weight in gold and that furniture is severely underpriced unless it's using diseased or pruned wood. The trees live for centuries, so cutting one down for furniture is bad business sense.
Actually the longer the tree lives- at least by centuries- the less olives it produces. Plus, the quality of the olive oil does not change by the age of the tree.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Actually the longer the tree lives- at least by centuries- the less olives it produces. Plus, the quality of the olive oil does not change by the age of the tree.
200 years of harvests > a table, I don't know why you're disputing this. Even if they make less oil they're still making more money over time than underpriced furniture.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
200 years of harvests > a table, I don't know why you're disputing this. Even if they make less oil they're still making more money over time than underpriced furniture.
Ok, it's gone now. I see your point.