Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

AionNefelibata's Application [Approved - Charybdis]

(i hope this is the right place to post)

1. What is your Minecraft username?
AionNefelibata

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Italy

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
metagaming is incorporating into the gameplay information the Player knows but the character couldn't, like information of position of another player in the map, maye overheard over discord, and the character reacting to that information and changing its course accordingly. Powergaming is basically roleplaying a demigod who always wins, or roleplaying for example a cult of people out of nowhere instead of creating actual rp relationships with other players to make the cult base.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Tiberione

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi! Im Aion, i like the ocean, the color indigo, R&B music and Ambient music, Stellaris (boy, i cant wait for the leGuin update), got two cuties of cats. I like roleplaying characters full of curiosity,
often scientists, rogues, merchants (expecially merchants). Merchants of dyes and cloths are my favourite. But herbalists are nice too. Or sailors, as i said i love the sea. Maybe sailing merchant would be a nice middle ground. Im a bit new to this, and cant wait to see if the shoe fits.Id describe myself as always trying to make the best from a bad situation, i tend to always smooth out drama wherever i find it, because i hate it. Confrontation should never degenerate out of corteous dialogue.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No luck, i do draw but cant manage to scan any of it.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
to be honest i found you guys from a video on youtube, a compilation of rp servers.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Aion (Nefelibata, it means cloud walker, a nickname)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
She is a thin but not scrawny figure, her hair is almost a buzzcut in the back and long to the chin in the front. Its obvious she did this herself, because expecially in the back its a bit uneven. Her eyes are of a dark uninteresting brown. She wouldnt stand out from a crowd if it wasnt for her tattoo, which is often covered up anyway. It takes almost all of her back, shoulders and hips, starting from the base of her hair to the top of her bottom. It looks like a simple design, the pattern you would find on a mackerel, dark blue on indigo, breaking off at the edges (turing pattern). She usually dresses in browns and blacks when in a place she doesnt feel at home, or the first days in a new city or town. Apart from some peasant clothes (literally two shirts, a pair of throusers and a plain long skirt) the only other piece of clothing is a deep indigo duster. Its her most priced possession and almost never wears it if not to show off.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
skin.png
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Written Test!
It was not exactly easy to find someone who could help her, but the quest was clear.
A needle, a color, a shape. And an impending sense of urgency. This is the imagery she woke up from, one hot day of late summer. Before even greeting her mother at the morning table, in a feverish blur she was out of the door. Who could help her? She had seen some sailors that sported colored skin, but she never heard of someone in town who could do the magic they seem to possess. In her life she had never shad tattoos explained to her, as she lived in a small town near the ocean, that seldom saw the amenities and colorful folks of bigger cities. And sure the town didnt have a tattooer.
She ended up at the Overlook Cliff, after roaming aimlessly the town. What was she thinking! And yet that sense of urgency didnt leave her.
She fell on her knees, distraught. The dream was clear. A needle, deep blue pigment and....
What intricate design, she thought, so fluid, like the waves beneath her, but in places like the horns of the coral.And this sense of immense space, like a light drawing her like a magnet to the horizon.

She came down from the windswept crest of the cliff, unsure and lost in her thoughts. Wow, two nights ago it really stormed alright, she noted, as the path she usually took to come down from her favourite spot with the seagulls seemed thrashed. An already unstable tree had even fallen to the carved steps that led the way to the beach, through the thicket. A lesser traversed path catched her eye. Had she ever gone down that path before? She must have, she knew that side of the cliff quite well, and yet. Well all rivers go to the sea she thought, lets follow this one today.
It didnt take long to realize that path run parallel to the edge of the beach, the blue of the waves, now darkened by the past storm, always poking between the trees. And right there, hidden from the direct sight of the town, sprinkled with seagull nests, stood a crooked house, small, almost trying its best not to take space.

At first she didnt think the house was inhabited, and so she casually got close and sat on one of the crooked deck chairs that the weather hadnt been very kind to.
The fright that she had when a pan missed her head by a ghost's hair. A fright that seemed perfectly mirrored by the actual inhabitant of the premises, a stout, grey haired old woman. Hard to say who yelled the loudest. Ironically the both where more startled by the sound of the actual pan clanging against the cobblestone than by the other.
And you would expect Aion to run away at that point, but the situation was so surreal and unexpected that she stood there with an expression of stupor, betrayal for some reason, and horror, in the 'what the fuck' of it all.
On the other side of the door stood an equally surprised woman, which, to Aion's surprise, was sporting herself a full sleeve of tattoos. A siren, waves, a raging monster with the head of a dog and the body of a seal, the fins of a lionfish and the tail of a dolfin hugged her now flaccid bicep, half covered by the flap of her showl.
The stare between the two held, as Aion's gaze danced back and forth between the raised arm that a second before probably held the now thrown pan, the sleeve, with its ornated wavy patterns and the face of the woman itself. Fact that the woman seemed to notice.
She straighten'd up, as much as her age would allow, raised her chin in pride and run her eyes across the tense figure of the 20 year old intruder.
She raised an eyebrow: "Tea?"

A friendship was born.

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hi, thanks for applying, Your application is on the correct track, but there are a few points that need to be touched on before we can continue with it.
  • Metagaming & Powergaming Definitions: Your metagaming definition is incorrect. While your powergaming definition is correct in technicality, it could use some expanding on. Please have another look at our {King's Law}.
  • Character Skin: Your skin does not appear to match your character's description, and how it looks does not comply with our general lore and immersion. You will need to adjust it to look like your description, or something similar (medieval-fitting apparel). Additionally, your character has blue hair on the skin, which humans are unable to have naturally.
  • Character Appearance: While tattoos are acceptable in our setting, due to tools available at the time, the quality of inking would be less detailed, to the point of the 'scales' appearing not entirely realistic (think more painted on). This is fine, as long as it is not emoted as her simply appearing to be covered in scales. Ad
Please reply to this thread when you would like me to have another look at your application. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact myself or another mentor.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for applying, Your application is on the correct track, but there are a few points that need to be touched on before we can continue with it.
  • Metagaming & Powergaming Definitions: Your metagaming definition is incorrect. While your powergaming definition is correct in technicality, it could use some expanding on. Please have another look at our {King's Law}.
  • Character Skin: Your skin does not appear to match your character's description, and how it looks does not comply with our general lore and immersion. You will need to adjust it to look like your description, or something similar (medieval-fitting apparel). Additionally, your character has blue hair on the skin, which humans are unable to have naturally.
  • Character Appearance: While tattoos are acceptable in our setting, due to tools available at the time, the quality of inking would be less detailed, to the point of the 'scales' appearing not entirely realistic (think more painted on). This is fine, as long as it is not emoted as her simply appearing to be covered in scales. Ad
Please reply to this thread when you would like me to have another look at your application. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact myself or another mentor.
hey thanks for responding! I made the changes on the metagaming and powergaming. For the skin, please know i always play without the sleeves chest hat and legs, so what would always be visible is not the white suit but the blue and skin underneath. A little clarification, the hair are not actually blue (like blue blue), but of a dark enough tint to simulate Corvine black, if really is necessary i can probably darken it even more. For the tattoo: the tattoo would be as raw as those primitive hawaiian tattoos, absolutely not including scales (that was a bad explanation on my part). ill include a picture of what i mean.
stock-photo-fresh-mackerel-fish-background-486667804.jpg (without the detail of the scales, just the big color stripes)

Attachments

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hi, sorry for the wait, timezones and such. This looks all good.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+