Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Airsoft videos??? (Need Feedback!!!)

Would you watch airsoft videos if I post them on here?

• Total voters

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
So recently I've been getting more and more into airsoft, a sport I'm surprisingly fond of. My friends asked me if I wanted to join them for a match and I agreed, my first match having me with a paintball mask, my work gloves from Sam's Club, a single $60 electric desert eagle style gun that had a 30 bb clip (my only clip, so no quick mag switching out), and could switch between semi and fully automatic, as well as the obvious safety... I received a very surprisingly positive reception when I went there, there was actually a lot of people complimenting my gun choice and saying they thought it was pretty cool, one person calling me ballsy for going to an airsoft field with just that, (I didn't have the heart to tell him I was broke and had nothing else) and even had one person so curious they traded me their electric rifle which I found later to be a couple hundred bucks... just to try it out for a clip. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed going to airsoft that day and have worked on acquiring better gear since then.
On to the topic at hand, I was curious about making airsoft videos, my friends go to the only airsoft field near us once every other week (It's normally a paintball field, but also does airsoft every sunday) and it's open from 9-5, in my experience that's about 5-6 games approximately. I would like an honest opinion of if people would like to see me post airsoft videos here on the forums or not. I'm no master of editting, have never used a go-pro before (and currently don't have one, which is why I want to make sure people want to actually see this first) and most likely won't have a scope cam for a bit (Camera that allows you guys to see my shots and if they hit people or not) please let me know what you think, honesty over everything!

P.S. for those interested, yes, I'm still trying to get the real life HW the Gathering card game together, problem is that the friends that are doing it are dealing with moving, and some are even heading out of the country for a bit. combine that with the fact that class registrations are going on, everything is a hot mess. Don't expect this to be really going until sometime after the middle of august, my guess being sometime around October/November since I'm trying to avoid printing out a bunch of cards and have no idea how to add custom cards to Untap.net or Tabletop Simulator

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Oh also, if I do start posting videos here, I won't mind at all if you guys start coming up with challenges for me! I've seen a few interesting ones that I'm not sure I'd be able to do, but would be fun to try like:
One in the chamber style (self only)
Knife fight
Melee only
Melee only, fidget spinner as the knife (cringy, I know, but it'd be the only reason I get one and I think it would be hilarious XD)
Pistol only
Gun game style, id need a lot of guns for this one and it would be a bit tricky to do at a field, but I will certainly attempt it!

I'm also going to try to keep you guys updated with what I've got, if you do want the videos, so you can come up with your own challenges!
At the moment my current guns are-
Tokyo Marui Spas-12 spring action shotgun
http://www.evike.com/products/24310/
VFC FN Herstal electric Scar H CQC
http://www.evike.com/products/32613/
Electric Desert Eagle
https://www.hobbytron.com/CM121FPS250ElectricAirsoftPistolREFURB.html
Elite Force H8R co2 revolver
http://www.evike.com/products/69962/
And an el cheapo spring powered pistol from some 'zombie killing' kit
(Can't find a link for this one, got it for christmas as mom's attempt to have my sister and I bond)

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
1000 degree melee only challenge (NOT CLICKBAIT)

Memeing aside this sounds awesome and I look forward to seeing this in the future

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Alright, htis is partially to bump this thread to the front page, but also me stating, if I get 15 people to say yes in some way, then I will start making airsoft videos every other week to post on my youtube channel before posting here. feel free to let me know of certain stuff you wanna see, whether it be challenges, maybe a beginner's guide to airsoft, etc.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
so far we're at 10 votes, only 5 more and I'll work on getting a go pro and making videos :p in the meantime, keep in mind that if you have any questions about airsoft, or me (where do I play, what gun do I prefer, etc.) feel free to ask! Even if you're new and aren't sure what airsoft is, I have no issue whatsoever with explaining it in either a different thread, this thread, or in a video all to itself

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
so not gonna lie, even with only 10 votes, it's pushed me enough that I will probably do this, though will need a bit of time to get the gear I need together. At the time, it's mostly acquiring a gopro camera and getting a mount on the mask I use-

since most gopros for airsoft are meant to be put on a certain plate area on helmets for fitting night vision goggles and the like, my mask kinda lacks that. I will be working to see if I can't make a mount for this mask with my dad's help (Engineer with a 3d printer, fun eh?) cause having only a barrel cam to show myself is making you guys miss out on the action, making only a scope cam will give people nausea, and I don't have the money for a shoulder rig. while a head rig won't be the most exciting since it'll be a bit hard to see the shots, it will help you see the action going on as well as the people I interact with (aaaaand maybe a few of the rages that might occur :p)

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
so not gonna lie, even with only 10 votes, it's pushed me enough that I will probably do this, though will need a bit of time to get the gear I need together. At the time, it's mostly acquiring a gopro camera and getting a mount on the mask I use-

since most gopros for airsoft are meant to be put on a certain plate area on helmets for fitting night vision goggles and the like, my mask kinda lacks that. I will be working to see if I can't make a mount for this mask with my dad's help (Engineer with a 3d printer, fun eh?) cause having only a barrel cam to show myself is making you guys miss out on the action, making only a scope cam will give people nausea, and I don't have the money for a shoulder rig. while a head rig won't be the most exciting since it'll be a bit hard to see the shots, it will help you see the action going on as well as the people I interact with (aaaaand maybe a few of the rages that might occur :p)
TBH, that reminds me of the helm used in Gladiator.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
good news! I found a weird clamp mount thing that's meant for gopros and it's only $15, though I am a bit paranoid of it possibly wobbloing or anything since it's not been rated yet. It'll take a bit to get here, but I'll still need to get money together for the camera (Which I'm trying to have be at least under $150) and when I get that, I'm probably just gonna shoot a bunch of random videos of shit going on around me to get a feel for it before I take it airsofting. Minimum amount of time before I post airsoft videos? probably 4 weeks, maximum time should be around 6, so keep an eye out for when I start posting these vids :D