Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Alastar's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Alastar

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
MountainManXx

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
powergaming is when you pre-decide speaking through lore what happens to another player.
metagaming is reacting in roleplay to something that your in game character shouldn't know about.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
nope.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
I could not find this list of mentors nor the forum that the application said it was under. When I tried searching for it the website said that the search was "too long, too short, or too common"

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am a 17 year old guy from Texas. I longboard, skate, rap, ride bikes, and other extreme sports. I'm into literally any type of music, this morning I was listening to traditional Nigerian drums. I love fallout 4 and skyrim with a passion and I have 3 fish, 2 dogs, a cat, and a snake. I love the show vikings but I could sit down and watch adventure time any day, and my favorite movie is the second LOTR.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I'm applying from my laptop and won't be near my desktop for a while but when I can I will send some stuff in.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I honestly googled medieval minecraft servers and this one came up.

Character Name:
Alastar Cedrixs (however, he is know by his middle name, Wren)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human but has trace amounts of Forest Elf blood from four generations ago.

Appearance:
Dark gray eyes and a short beard, hair shaved with a knife on the side with curls on top. Alastar wears leathers and woven cloth over his scarred chest, and a small dark green hood that he never puts on because he is not afraid to show his face. Thick eyebrows. Bronze belt buckle and leather boots. He is 5ft 10in

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
Alastar Wren Cedrixs, son of Alered Cedrixs, born on the 20th day of Truebirth- 2,270. He is distrustful of magic, an opinion plastered into his mind by his mother when he was young. He grew up on a farm in the hills of the north. As a child, he spent his time wondering through the hills, hiking, and learning the terrain. He would spend certain weeks leaving his home and camping in the north just for an adventure. At the age of twelve he began to hunt with his dad, selling whatever game they could and stocking up for the winters. He was growing up fast is what his mother would always say. At the age of seventeen he made his way to Blackstone and became a guard, but after an encounter with another guards wife, he packed his bags and left. From Blackstone he traveled to Kingfisher Fields and became a local hunter and fisher for the village, aged nineteen at the time. He has stayed there since then, staying in the fields outskirting the town waiting for another animal to track.
Alastar doesn't talk very much, as he is very shy. He is very difficult to get to know, but as his few friends know, he is actually very childish and witty. He is decent with a bow, and knows how to fletch his own arrows. He loves fishing, and prefers it over hunting, but hunting is what brings in money. Hunting has gotten harder for him, mostly because he's seeing more and more undead and less and less wild boars, even when he calls upon Theodra for guidance and help.
His favorite trees are the Crimson King Maples, mostly because they remind him of his mother.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello and thank you for applying to Hollowworld! You application is off to a good start, but here are a few problems I'd like you to look over:
  1. Your written test is short, 289/400 words
  2. We've recently restructured our forums a bit. Look for mentors under "Hollowworld Code of Conduct"
  3. Try rewording or adding to your powergaming definition. It's a little off.
Just those three things, and you should be good to go! Post here when you've made the proper amendments, and I'll take a second look.

Last edited:

Alastar

Villager
Written Test! (second one... new story)
Alastar Wren Cedrixs, son of Alered Cedrixs, born on the 20th day of Truebirth- 2,270. During his birth at a small farm on the outskirts of Blackstone, his mother passed away. His father did not cope with her death very well, and Alastar never saw him without a bottle in his hand and spittle running down his beard. The main person who watched over him was his sister, Hilda. As Alastar got older, he turned to substance as well, for it was all he knew. He became a guard of Blackstone from a young age, but wasn't very good at his job, and he spent most of his work there "watching the local tavern". He lived in Blackstone until the age of twenty, drinking himself to sleep every night while his loving sister took care of the farm. His father had passed away while he was seventeen, but it didn't bother Alastar. He was never there for him anyways. It was during a festival that Alastar can't remember the name of that he was forced out of town. That night began like every normal night. He would stand outside the door of the Tavern until three o'clock. Then he walked into the Tavern and asked the tender for his usual and slapped an iron coin on the table. The bartender poured him half a pint of the cheapest brew they had, and Alastar began to casually chug it. Then a woman sat next to him and introduced herself as Ann. She said she was a servant to the knight Sir Bronn. She was beautiful, far too beautiful to be a servant, but Alastar was not in his right mind at the time. They talked until two in the morning, laughing together and drinking together. Then Alastar asked if she anted to get a room with him. She said yes. One thing led to another, and the next morning the door to their room was broken down. Sir Bronn and two other knights crashed in. Bronn's face immediately told Alathorn what he had done. He had not slet with a servant of Sir Bronn's. He had slept with his wife. He pushed one of the knight's out of the wa and ran towards his family's farm. He told his sister what had happened, packed a blade and some food, and a bow to hunt with, and headed out into the countryside. He seeked out Kingfisher Fields, a small town, and introduced himself as Wren. He has stayed there until his current age of twenty three, hunting and fishing for the community.
Because of his past, Alastar tries to remain quite, but with most members of Kingfisher Fields, he is quite loud, often making jokes with them. He still drinks, but not as frequently as he did in the past.

Alastar

Villager
also for number 7)
one of your current mentors is Squidzoid (l0ve the name btw, i think futurama when i see it.) another one of your mentors is JoeJoe.

and for number 5)
powergaming is when you do everything in your power to get to a specific goal, ignoring lore and roleplaying to do so.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
You're all set except for that powergaming definition. I want you to have closer look at the examples we give when it's defined, and then give it another go. I'm sure you'll get it.

Alastar

Villager
You're all set except for that powergaming definition. I want you to have closer look at the examples we give when it's defined, and then give it another go. I'm sure you'll get it.
i got this one sec

POWERGAMING IS *imperial army drumrolls*
1) grinding every aspect of your character so they are the best at everything
2) using actions in the *chat to benefit your player in an unfair way

PS: I was also wondering, is there a preferred resource pack to use on the server? Thank you Squidzoid

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.