Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Altera Alive

Updates
If you made or plan to make your own party, please post thread here: http://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/alteraalive/

Also go there if you wish to join a party.

Please use the following format:

Title of Thread: [Date] <Name's Exploration> (Public/Private by Invitation)

Date and Time:
Event Tag: (Public, Private by Invite)
Party Leader:
Party Members: (please tag known party members)
Party Size Limit: (Please be reasonable here folks. If you don’t care, leave it blank.)
Proposed Zone of Exploration: (please consult the map and pick a zone)
Supplies and Other RP Context:

Summary
The Alteran adventurers successfully navigated the depths of the first Bastion, recovered the stone, and returned to the Grand Shrine relatively unscathed. Along the way, the adventurers encountered mysterious ethereal entities that appeared only as indistinct veils, devoid of light.

Upon return to the Grand Shrine, Clain informed some adventurers that he does not know the location of the other three Bastions. As such, news has spread that the Alterans must find the Bastions on their own.

Call For Exploration
This thread lists instructions for parties to notify staff of their intent to search for the Bastions. In exchange for prior notice, staff will do the best they can to provide interesting RP circumstances and a DM. You are free to search the map yourself and without giving notice here, of course, but please use the reasonableness standard when doing so (i.e. what is and is not a reasonable course of action in character). You are not being forced or prevented from organizing your own anything, from scouting to sweep-style searches.

If the land your party explores is not easily accessible (dock masters and the like) you will want to RP the voyage (if you’re traveling by sea, you’re gonna want to do a sea voyage). Please do make sure the focus of your mini-event is on searching for the Bastions, though.

You may either form a party or join one. If you wish to join an open party, please look for an open party on the second post and then post on this thread, indicating which party you'd like to join.

If you wish to form a party, please take a look at the map and select from the numbered districts. Please fill out the notice form to register your exploration mini-event. Event staff will provide a DM and work with party leaders to organize and/or modify the parameters of the mini-event. The mini-events can be public knowledge or private by invite. Public exploration events will welcome any explorers who wish to come along, while private groups will be by invitation only.

If there are regions in the zone you select, first check to see if it is on the region consent list found here: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/host-region-volunteer-registry.35951/

If it is on the list, then you can reasonably use the region during your exploration mini-event. If the region is not on the list, you must respect the rules of the region, including 1) getting permission to take the party into the region and 2) respecting classification rules. If the region owner simply does not want the party to explore the region, then the party must not explore it. The party must also respect locked doors and the like.

While there is no minimum party size, please keep RP in mind. For example, if you need to sail to where you need to go it would be prudent to have enough people to be able to sail.

Parties may choose more than one district and may adventure more than once. There is no restriction on exploring squares that other people have chosen, either. All we ask is that people be reasonable and try to respect one of our OOC goals, which is not only to provide player interaction, but to provide it to all who wish it.

OOC Information
Altera alive is an ongoing effort to turn the Aeon campaign into something more than monthly playdates. We will work with each and every party to try to stick to preferred dates and times, but we reserve the right to change dates/times according to DM and Build Team needs.

This is going to take an incredible amount of effort from staff to run, so I ask you all to be patient with dates and organization. We are going to try to do this in addition to bringing you the Bastions, after all. Every single one of these mini-events needs to be DM'd, and staff are going to do the best they can to make each one entertaining as well.

Altera Alive is more than just an exploration effort, though. It is an attempt to turn our world, and our campaign, into a living, breathing construct. In addition to increasing player interaction, the goal of Altera Alive is to make Aeon more personable, more interesting, and more fun. Not only will there be side events like these, but you may find parts of the campaign creeping into player-run events or even the daily lives of the Alterans.
Anchor.png

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Registry of Exploration Parties
The following is a list of the different parties who will search for the next Bastion. If you wish to join a public group, please post your intent on this thread.

Public
Date and Time: Friday, 26th of February, 22pm GMT
Event Tag: (Public, Private by Invite): Public
Party Leader: ForestRose
Party Members: (please tag known party members): Kvothe
Party Size Limit: (Please be reasonable here folks. If you don’t care, leave it blank.): Meh
Proposed Zone of Exploration: (please consult the map and pick a zone): Area 12.
Supplies and Other RP Context: To be added.

Date and Time: March 6th
Event Tag: Public
Party Leader: Alexander Wise (me)
Party Members: Arcana Immerael Lady Alec Balatro Sir Saltington CloakedReaper
Party Size Limit: 20
Proposed Zone of Exploration: 20
Supplies and Other RP Context: This search is organized by The Eyes of Silas.

Date and Time:
18th March 6pm est
Event Tag:
Public
Party Leader:
Eimar
Party Members:
Ciaria BrianAT16
Party Size Limit:
Proposed Zone of Exploration:

Winter cloths.
Climbing gear.
Pershiables.
Any weapons or armor needed.

Private
Date and Time: 2/28/16 at 3pm EST.
Event Tag: (Public, Private by Invite)
Party Leader: Jason of Breakwater
Party Members: Arken Mitch TheDeester QuXXn_ ForestRose @me
Party Size Limit:
Proposed Zone of Exploration: 3
Ropes
Picks
Food
Blankets / Cloaks

Date and Time: 2/28/16 at 7PM PST (9 PM Central, 10 PM EST)
Event Tag: (Private by Invite)
Party Leader: Marek of The South
Party Members: Rimu Rosary_Omen SpartanDory pyrocide Archbishop Hai_Paladin rjamesking
Proposed Zone of Exploration: Square #10
Supplies and Other RP Context: Climbing gear, food, Rope, and torches. Other RP contexts? We're also preparing to explore the ruins under Queensport, namely the Greyling Tunnels and Riddleport's Sewers.

We have OOC permission, awaiting IC permission, from:
Brian - Queensport
Cukie - Stavroforia

Date and Time: March 5th [7:30 GMT would be best XD]
Event Tag: Private
Party Leader: Andal Lydel Ddaug02 (IC leader)
Party Members:
Will Mallenson SirLuamTehDoge
Moriarty Windsor BoredBrit
Snerus Snerus
Cornelius Nikolaos
Grant Anderson SpartanDory
[Maybe more as I remember 'em]
Proposed Zone of Exploration: 19
Supplies and Other RP Context: This search is organized by The Dogs Theives Guild

Date and Time: 12'th of march [x]
Event Tag: Private by Invite
Party Leader: Sankera
Party Members:
-
James McGuffin [x]
-Cedric Lydel [x]
-Nikolche Variclav [x]
-Zaleria Eldrin [x]
-Nireth Alec Cerridwen [x]
-Azure Cerridwen [x]
-Arganaer Cor [x]
-More TBA
Party Size Limit: -
Proposed Zone of Exploration: 31
Supplies and Other RP Context: I will add this one later as rp happens and I can get a good view of supplies

"Claimed" so far: 3, 4, 10, 12, 19, 20, 31.

Altera Grid.PNG

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Q: In what 'section' was the first bastion?
A: Section 1, ooooor maybe section 7. It's right on the edge and I'm not 100% sure

Edit: I feel so damned sniped you know

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
DECLARATION OF INTENT: I wanna go exploring, voyage RPs are awesome. Count me in on any parties with a spare space!

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Oh, this came out literally just before I was going to say "I'm making a thing to look for the rest of them irregardless of what we learn from Clain."

...WELP.

...Damnit, can I still make my own thread? Because It... I'm not going to spoiler it but it was beautiful.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Henri will organize a party to look in 15 and Bimhe will organize a party to explore the mountains of 16.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Date and Time: 12'th of march [x]
Party Leader: Me, can't go wrong at all.
Party Members:

-James McGuffin [x]
-
Cedric Lydel [x]
-
Nikolche Variclav [x]
-
Zaleria Eldrin [x]
-
Nireth Alec Cerridwen [x]
-
Azure Cerridwen [x]
-
Arganaer Cor [x]
-
Cymic Seymour [x] [stowaway character, shhh don't tell]
Party Size Limit: 9
Supplies and Other RP Context: I will add this one later as rp happens and I can get a good view of supplies

The Tottot Balatro Nikolaos Jstar bettemus99 Immerael Lady Alec

Last edited:

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Date and Time: 12'th of march
Party Leader: Me, can't go wrong at all.
Party Members:

-James McGuffin [x]
-
Cedric Lydel [x]
-
Nikolche Variclav [x]
-
Zaleria Eldrin [x]
-
Arganaer Cor [x] [maybe, depends on if bette can/wants to come]
-More TBA
Party Size Limit: -

The Tottot Balatro Nikolaos Jstar bettemus99
i wanted to do 31 and i know a few members in this team. can i hop on board?

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Glados Let's do this.

Side note, this is really creative and interesting, especially if it works as intended. Great job

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Cym will organize a party for the sands of 31. Papa bles

i wanted to do 31 and i know a few members in this team. can i hop on board?
Oh sure bb. The more the merier~

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Scholar, mountain and swamp climbing exp, and budding alchemist LFG on Heroic difficulty of higher.

Also San take me I wanna go do desert exploration so bad ;-;

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Scholar, mountain and swamp climbing exp, and budding alchemist LFG on Heroic difficulty of higher.

Also San take me I wanna go do desert exploration so bad ;-;
Ho boy, find me IC~

That also counts for you Ian. It's private by invite so you'll have to convince me IC aswell~

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Is there some kind of rolloff or are people going to be screeching to claim first-come first-serve?

...Regardless.

19&20
31&32
33&34
23&29
11&12

I own, or am friends with the primary region owner in most of these selections, though obviously I need to follow up with them.

You came in before I could organize the IC/OOC expeditions to these places. Was legit going to dispatch people to them this weekend to investigate /regardless/. I have one more thread to make.

Disclaimer: I /obviously/ don't expect folks to supervise all of these as IC events, but like, I was legit planning on sending someone to OOC+IC explore specific places of the map, due to IC logic, before this thread came up, so if it's too many, I'll obviously and without rancor limit the list down to ones with actual parties. (And still send folks, I just expect them to have no attention paid to them).

Got me by surprise, graah~

All my expeditions are open provided those attending are willing to listen to IC directives. If I'm /running/ it, going to touch the thing when I say "Don't touch the thing" is gonna result in you having a starcrossed relationship with your favorite limb. This said, I also don't need a giant swarm of people, so once I have arranged a competent team for each one I'll not be recruiting further.

Last edited: