Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Altered_Ruler's Application [Declined - Niko]

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Altered_Ruler
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
The United States of America
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Basically using out of character information for roleplay when not found in role play. Powergaming: Making your character too powerful like Immortal or can one hit kill, it also includes having imaginary guards or allies nearby.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko
8. Tell us about yourself!
Not much to say but I like playing practically any video games, like meeting new people, roleplaying with people non toxically, like to make friends and help people out and try to create interesting stuff.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not talented in that places yet.
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Auriel
About Your Character!
An Silver Elf named Alarcanis, thin about six foot and wears a jet black leather armor with a pattern of red and black into the mix, her amber eyes and jet black hair also fitting with her armor. Carries usually a sword and a simple longbow, with a dagger at her hip. Although Silver Elf she doesn't follow any culture really and roams around searching for purpose and work, her tone varies depending if she is busy or not at all. Although shady Her skills are adept in the usage of swords and an longbow using it only when necessary or when feeling threatened.

Character Name: Alarcanis
Character Age: 39
Character Race: Silver Elf
Appearance: A pale Silver elf with Amber eyes and jet black hair, with Jet black leather armor and a basic iron sword and longbow at hand.
Written Test! (I'm not sure if this will be lore breaking of not but if it is I can re write it, its a Wendigo attack just wanted to bring some beasts into it.) Alarcanis walked underneath the trees in the forest searching for a site to camp to sleep the night. Stepping to her right into the forest about 50 yards in safety measures for bandits and thieves alike. Setting up her camp up in a little under 20 minutes she built a small fire not to be seen far through the thick trees and shrubs littered about, cooking a small dinner. After the fire went out she retreated into her tent for the night. Only to awake a few hours later with a feeling of dread and annoyance likely a simple wolf or such. Taking her sword quietly and her longbow she crawled out of her tent to spot anything at all, too dark with all the trees and shrubs blocking the moonlight. She took out a flint and steel striking it off and burning a torch only to find no wolf, man, or an average animal. Standing there she saw nothing, barely anything beyond her torch's light. Quietly she began to pack her things before the feeling of dread came back once again. She shrugged it off this time and carried on everything ready for her to grab and leave. Reaching to grab her bag and head off a sharp pain flowed through her arm and leather was torn up where it was sliced open. Looking to the left where her arm was she saw a faint outline of what could be an elk or human. Unable to tell the difference deciding if her eyes were deceiving her, she ran the direction that she came from earlier that night. Stopping only for a second to listen as she reached the path. Hearing nothing she carried on running before another slice happened at her upper thigh. Dropping to a knee she examined it quickly before taking out her sword this time waving it at any movement. Near the end of the forest she walked turning in a circle while noting where she is walking. Alarcanis finally felt a feeling of safety or so she thought before a scream was heard back where she came from. She stared into the dark forest that seemed more of a tunnel debating if she should investigate or run. Instinct told her to run but her mind said to investigate. After a short debate she retreated out of the woods and into a field of plains, confused of what attacked her and weary from lack of sleep, the adrenaline rush, and the bleeding. She patched up her wounds quickly and headed to the nearest town, managing to survive whatever was within the forest.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write this application to Hollowworld. Before we continue, I have to address a few things with you.

- Your powergaming definition is true, but it's not the full meaning. What you have is part of it, but we need another aspect to it that is covered within the Roleplay Starter Guide.

- The list of mentors is not located in the code of conduct, but it should be located in one of the Starter Guides. Also, anyone with the mentor banner over their forum profile (like me) is a mentor so this question should be easy to answer.

- Your written test is filled with run-on sentences and other grammatical errors. While you will never have to write this much in one sitting during Roleplay, we still expect applicants to be able to have comprehensible grammar when they write. Take the time to thoroughly look over your test and fix any grammar mistakes you can find.

Once again thank you for taking the time and effort to write this application. I look forward to reading it once more.

Edited it, thanks for the input! Hard to do an essay when you've been preparing for finals, If I leave mess up again I can go through the story again.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
This is very good progress, but there are still a few issues remaining.

- There's one more key part of powergaming on this server and that is one cannot force RP actions onto another character. Look through the Roleplay Starter Guide and read the example that demonstrates this concept.

- I forgot to mention these two things originally and I apologize. Silver elves cannot have amber eyes according to the lore. You can peruse the silver elf lore page under the Official Lore category for acceptable eye colors. Also, you cannot use a wendigo in your test as it is a beast restricted to staff use only. Your test however is vague enough that you can simply drop the mention that the creature is a wendigo and it will be fine.

Thank you for putting in the work that you are. I look forward to reading this once more.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Your application has been declined for inactivity. Feel free to apply again.