Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

American Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
But, it isn't a sport
That there is what's keeping us from getting actual training grounds that are not funded by one really awesome rich icelandic guy. :/
and football requires much more strength and stamina.
Have you ever tripped and fell from a roof? I think not. Have you ever ran for hours while jumping over fences, climbing houses etc.? Football is just people running around a clear field with no obstacles chasing after a ball....
And adrenaline I do agree it feels great but my favorite way is getting cops/security and sometimes security dogs chasing after you while you run as fast as you can fearing for your life...PS: Most of the time I'm scared about going on the police record thing not my life <.<

mastertyl

Lord of Altera
That there is what's keeping us from getting actual training grounds that are not funded by one really awesome rich icelandic guy. :/

Have you ever tripped and fell from a roof? I think not. Have you ever ran for hours while jumping over fences, climbing houses etc.? Football is just people running around a clear field with no obstacles chasing after a ball....
And adrenaline I do agree it feels great but my favorite way is getting cops/security and sometimes security dogs chasing after you while you run as fast as you can fearing for your life...PS: Most of the time I'm scared about going on the police record thing not my life <.<
have you ever been hit by a guy who is 250 pounds run at full speed?

_lethman_

Lord of Altera

Not exaclty, while hitting a fence does suck... and is an obstical, try dodging a 250 pound man charging at you. And, at the same time catching a ball. In football, the obstacles are moving, parkour not really. Also, which one pays more? I rest my case.

mastertyl

Lord of Altera
Not exaclty, while hitting a fence does suck... and is an obstical, try dodging a 250 pound man charging at you. And, at the same time catching a ball. In football, the obstacles are moving, parkour not really. Also, which one pays more? I rest my case.
Agreed

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
American Football is a bad rip-oof of English Football or 'Soccer' as you call it. Which one is played in a World Cup? Which one is celebrated by many, many countries? English Football. Our football is better, and was here first. Started with Pig's Bladder and always being more epic . Also, Parkour can be harder as it develops more skills. I quote from Wikipedia

Parkour (French pronunciation: [paʁˈkuʁ]) (abbreviated PK) is a physical discipline of movement focused on overcoming obstacles. Developed in France by David Belle, it is a method of training the human body to become stronger, more agile, and faster, while remaining efficient and able to move more freely. Participants learn to pass diverse obstacles by combining a variety of movements like running, climbing, swinging, vaulting, leaping, and rolling.
Meaning it develops more skills, requires more speed and stamina, and the obstacles can be a hell of a lot more difficult than a person (Go Roxeh):rolleyes:
Parkour = Win
Original Football = Win
American Silly Comments about things = SHALL BE BURNT AT THY STEAK :mad:

PS Rugby Players are heavy :I
PPSS This Subject always gets me annoyed :mad:

megasoar

Lord of Altera
Necroooo....

Anyways... I never watched this before, seems very similar to rugby, which I dislike both watching and playing.

And to all those "soccer" haters, did you ever meet Paolo Di Canio? He was the type of guy who would kick your face in, then spit on it, all within the rules of the game and then some. I could list a bunch of players who stray from the stereotype of modern "soccer".

Kevin Nolan
John Terry (as much as I hate to admit it)
Joey Barton
Chris Samba

And that's just four of em :p

Anyways, American football, I wont criticise it since i've never watched it, but it seems to be more entertaining and tactical than rugby, maybe i'll give it a watch sometime.
it is quite fun to watch, you should give it a try.

Axell

Lord of Altera
Necroooo....

Anyways... I never watched this before, seems very similar to rugby, which I dislike both watching and playing.

And to all those "soccer" haters, did you ever meet Paolo Di Canio? He was the type of guy who would kick your face in, then spit on it, all within the rules of the game and then some. I could list a bunch of players who stray from the stereotype of modern "soccer".

Kevin Nolan
John Terry (as much as I hate to admit it)
Joey Barton
Chris Samba

And that's just four of em :p

Anyways, American football, I wont criticise it since i've never watched it, but it seems to be more entertaining and tactical than rugby, maybe i'll give it a watch sometime.
*cries* :( I like Rugby

Tarron

Lord of Altera
American football is alright to me, but I don't really see the allure of it. I enjoy a sport where you fight people instead of just slamming into each others heads in helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.