Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Anaok's Application [Approved - Snerus]

Surucucu

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Anaok
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Ye

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I feel that metagaming would be abusing information gained while out of character to your advantage while powergaming would be making an overpowered character who could be impossibly strong, or able to do actions which would be not possible within their ability

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Snerus

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a 17 year old guy who will be a Senior in the coming fall, I have almost always enjoyed fantasy/fiction literature and video games and used to be pretty active in some role playing servers years ago but took a break, and am kind of interested in finding new good server. I am very interested in the sciences and am involved in various academic/science related extracurricular activities and have a keen interest in botany/chemistry that I would like to incorporate in my character.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I unfortunately don't, but I used to be a pretty above average house builder in the past.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nope. Came up when I was searching for a role playing server.

Character Name:
Farouk
Character Age:
Character Race:
Human

Appearance/Description:
Farouk is a Human male of younger age, he is slightly under average height and has a lean body type, although He is not entirely muscular, He has dark brown hair that somehow is always maintained throughly kempt, and has a small amount of visible facial hair which He is very proud of and feels adorns his chin. He has a light brown skin color, which makes his years spent in the desert sun evident to those who see him. Upon first glance he would probably appear sleazy or scoundrelly which could be given the characteristics of his build and clothes. He is almost always seen sporting a worn blue jacket over a looser fitting long sleeved shirt, under which he wears a pair of darker trousers, he can often be seen with an appendage bandaged. As for personal items which he carries, on his person can most always be seen; a medium sized plain satchel for his few personal items (seeds, water, reading materials, etc), a fine toothed bone comb, a small scabbard containing a false dagger, a small worn coin, vials containing various oils which seem to serve no purpose other than making Farouk constantly smell strongly of spice.

Written Test!

As hard as I try, I can still not remember the faces of my parents. As far as I know my mother died in child birth or was just one of the whores the sailors kept around for their enjoyment, even then calling them sailors is unjust, they were pirates, swindlers, and murderers the whole lot of them. They all came to reside in the cove, a veritable swindler's den, a place where all of those with bad intentions could come and sin in peace without any judgement. There were many of us though, the bastard children of some of the vilest men in the lands and seas, left on our own and somehow expected to survive.Our only means of survival was to thieve, and I guess it helped that it was in our blood all along right? We had to learn on our own, to be deft and be unnoticed and unseen. I had witnessed what would happen if we weren't careful, we were close, all of us kids, we had to be. Seeing one of my fellow brothers be caught one evening after stealing a few loaves of bread was my breaking point, the seamen showed no remorse or mercy on his punishment, probably to show us all, but by the end of it what was left of him wasn't recognizable. The screams of my brother still haunt me. I knew then that I had to escape the life of sin and debauchery , but my ignorance got the best of me, I had never ventured out of the confines of the cove and was never shown the lay out of the land, the desert I saw ahead of me was foreboding and endless but I knew that heading back would lead to my death one way or another, so I trudged on with what little possessions I had with me. After just two days of travel I had enough, I could still go on but my will was broken, I couldn't find hope anymore with escaping the clutches of the cove, and headed back. After the awful fiery trek back through the desert heat, I knew where I was but I could recognize the familiar shapes, but as I edged closer I saw the fire, smoke and complete desolation that was left in the wake of what could only have been an enemy naval attack. I had heard the Captains talk of the destruction their fleets could inflict upon their victims they would plunder in the past , but I never thought I would ever be on the receiving end. I had nothing now, my chance of escape had failed and the only fallback I had was the cove, I felt as though all was lost from there so I just lived in the rubble with some of the few other remaining survivors, scavenging and shifting through the destroyed settlement. But in my time of greatest darkness, I would still see salvation, even though most of my memories of my youth are long faded, I can still remember seeing the caravans that would come every several weeks to supply us, lurch slowly over the horizon towards us. I at the time had no idea who they were, The Soolera. They helped the few of us that were still living, adopting us into their society. The caravans were my escape from the chaos that I once knew, and I still am grateful to the Soolera, I learned many things from them that are still held close to me, to read, to write to love to learn, and even morality , I had never before seen books which held information like this before, I began to learn of a world I didn't know existed. Unfortunately which this knowledge I began to long to witness it on my own speed and with my own eyes, I had spent nearly half of my life with the Soolera at this time and I knew that my time with them was coming to an end. Before my departure they left me two invaluable things, a name, they dubbed me 'Farouk' which they told me meant Truth in a lost language, and blessed my departure, as long as I would uphold the morals they taught me and to live an honest and truthful life. The second was a ceremonial dagger made of steel and mangrove wood which they give to those in their society to signify acceptance, and incredible honor among them and was usually only reserved to celebrate the coming of age of their people, maybe to tell me that I always had a home to come back to if I needed to? But alas, after this, I departed with only a few modest possessions on my person, and began my quest to pursue unknown knowledge.

Last edited:

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.