Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Announcement Regarding the Use of Fly

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Being Polish cheap labour I'll do what Nael offered better and for half the price.

Let the bidding wars commence!

There's also a small chance I'll steal your car radio.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Being Polish cheap labour I'll do what Nael offered better and for half the price.

Let the bidding wars commence!

There's also a small chance I'll steal your car radio.
I was going to make a fun pokeback here and then realized these forums ill suit that kind of fun. Instead I'll offer to subcontract to the Pole (Just like real life) in exchange for some Pierogi.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
If you want to retain me for writing war rules you can compensate me the same rate I get for other commissioned writing. I'm not sure why you expect me to both do it for free and then try and give it to someone that cares not a whit.
Do you have a portfolio/pricerange of other commissioned writings like such paid freelancers? I'd like to peruse for my own curiosity.
After all, the Staff team has been quite happy in setting a precedent of exchanging compensation for tasks they are not capable of executing at high quality, such as with mapmaking and plugins.
Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the map making done from outside the community? Last time I checked, you are apart of the community, right? I don't think people who wrote little lorebits here and there or such got paid for it, and they're very much apart of the community just like you? That sets up a precedent to me that those willing to help out to better the community, don't directly profit off it themselves. Instead, I've seen those people use the lore themselves in their own events and such to further RP. Rebuff me if I'm wrong, but do show me if I am. I've been very much outside the loop for a long time and I want to get back inside it, so do please help me.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Do you have a portfolio/pricerange of other commissioned writings like such paid freelancers? I'd like to peruse for my own curiosity.

Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the map making done from outside the community? Last time I checked, you are apart of the community, right? I don't think people who wrote little lorebits here and there or such got paid for it, and they're very much apart of the community just like you? That sets up a precedent to me that those willing to help out to better the community, don't directly profit off it themselves. Instead, I've seen those people use the lore themselves in their own events and such to further RP. Rebuff me if I'm wrong, but do show me if I am. I've been very much outside the loop for a long time and I want to get back inside it, so do please help me.
Pretty sure he's not even whitelisted and doesn't benefit in any way.

Also, pretty much all the lore is his work or derived from his work. He was the loremaster for years.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram

No, you're pretty much got the gist of it and the standards of such. It's simply the fact that I've done enough of it for free and been ill treated for doing it that I'm not willing to engage in any 'Major' writing endeavors for free here anymore. I'm not demanding compensation for work already done, just a.. I suppose "If I spend 8 hours writing something up here it's time I'm spending to no point for no compensation and that's not worth it. If I was paid for it, it's just another job."

I have small portfolios of work for different purposes (Coding, Writing, Setting Development, Misc Consultation). Some of it is connected to former or current clients, some of it directly ties to me. Most of it I'm not willing to mingle here, but if you're actually legitimately interested in potentially commissioning something I'd spend the time looking for something not under an NDA or without personal ties to send you. (It'd be easier to write a new sample than send something older.)

Legendary Fiction

It took a lot to get here
I am a bit sad that the 'dont fly around RP' has to be one of the rules that is being re-enforced. I guess due to people liking to OOC spectate, and I guess people need reminded that watching, and then reporting ingame information is meta and therefore not allowed?
Granted, one doesn't always have to talk in MC chat to pass along information, and if someone is going to meta, they're going to do it as discreetly as possible - unless they're egotistical and think they can get away with it.

What about IC spies? Is this actually a probable thing? Can someone actually sneak around, perhaps not get caught, and leave again to tell these plans? With freeform RP, and the map, this is probably a lot harder to do successfully. But it would make the game much more fun than meta'ing any information. Perhaps harder to prove you did it IC though.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
No, you're pretty much got the gist of it and the standards of such. It's simply the fact that I've done enough of it for free and been ill treated for doing it that I'm not willing to engage in any 'Major' writing endeavors for free here anymore. [...] "If I spend 8 hours writing something up here it's time I'm spending to no point for no compensation and that's not worth it. If I was paid for it, it's just another job."
I just... I see more drama and arguments and it's avoidable and I'm attempting to spare folks having to deal with it.
I can understand the past stuff of being mistreated, but then why be here? I'm confused again. On one hand it seems like you're at odds with the people you wrote for and there's a bit of reasonable disdain for that, but on the other side, you're trying to make life easier for them (Noble, but, couldn't that effort be put in with another community or such that would be much more beneficial)? Baron 's mention of you not being on the white list confuses me further. I have no idea why you'd offer to write for people who you seem to have problems with, specifically when your not engaging with the community in their core service?

If it's cash you want, I'm sure there's better places to advertise your skills than a community that has caused issues with your work before.

Again, this is my viewpoint, please, feel free to clarify. I need it

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I can understand the past stuff of being mistreated, but then why be here? I'm confused again. On one hand it seems like you're at odds with the people you wrote for and there's a bit of reasonable disdain for that, but on the other side, you're trying to make life easier for them (Noble, but, couldn't that effort be put in with another community or such that would be much more beneficial)? Baron 's mention of you not being on the white list confuses me further. I have no idea why you'd offer to write for people who you seem to have problems with, specifically when your not engaging with the community in their core service?

If it's cash you want, I'm sure there's better places to advertise your skills than a community that has caused issues with your work before.

Again, this is my viewpoint, please, feel free to clarify. I need it
Cause some of my friends like getting involved in wars and play here.

S'pretty much what it boils down to and why I keep coming on. I'd like to make things better for them but take pains to protect myself at the same time.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Nah. Naelwyn is a good guy, hes just a bit standofish due to past treatment. Its a sad thing, because he has lots of good ideas. Anywho, I bet if he really wanted to, he could create a character that if wanted could sideball the entirety of Altera.