Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Annukka Application [Accepted - Jase]

annukka

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
annukka

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
The United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using outside of character knowledge to influence in Character actions. Power gaming is intentionally exploiting rules to gain an advantage in mechanical design of one's character. It can also refer to one overstepping the bound of roleplay, telling not asking, i.e (stabs John in the chest v.s stabs at Johns chest)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jase

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am a 20 year old college student residing in San Luis Obispo California studying Physics at Cal Poly. My hobbies include tabletop role playing games, video games, surfing as well as other outdoor activities. I don’t own any pets while at school but I have an old Dutch Shepherd named Shadow when I'm back in Seattle. Some of my favorite Fantasy settings include George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire as well as Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. My favorite tabletop role playing game is dungeons and dragons which I have played for 8 years and counting.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I had some mild success with photography and editing in high school, see attached.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Tideborn, Squidziod, Darko

Character Name:
Beneger

Character Age:
Early 40’s

Character Race:
Anhalder Human

Appearance:
A plain man, square of jaw and broad of face with brown eyes. Beneger has salt and pepper hair as well as a thick beard of matching color. He stand 5’11 with a broad chest, he weighs perhaps 14 stone (roughly 200 lbs). His arms are covered in a coarse black and grey hair and his hands are rough and calloused. He wears a brown leather jerkin, worn around the edges as well as faded grey britches. He wears old black boots and carries a old set of ringmail and doublet, rusted and patchwork respectively.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
See attached

Written Test!
Beneger is a common sellsword, born as the whelp of a innkeeper and a washer woman he grew up with very little, he spent most of his childhood helping out around the Inn. Beneger grew up to be his father's right hand man. Helping out around the tavern was peaceful and his father had many more children that Beneger helped keep in line, they were his half brothers and sisters but he loved them all the same. Then the Ashen Blight came to Altera, At this time Beneger was in his late 20’s. The blight brought strife to the common folk Beneger and his father's inn served and their business dwindled. Then the blight came to them, two of his young half brothers were taken swiftly while his young sister lingered on for several weeks or more before passing. Beneger and his father could not afford to keep the inn open and serving customers as they could not pay for food and drink. That's when Beneger got word a sellsword company was marching by on the nearby road and we recruiting those strong enough to still march and fight. Beneger spoke to his father about leaving, it would be one less mouth to feed and if his father sold the inn he would be able to feed his remaining children for around a year before his debt caught up with him, so Beneger vowed to strike out with the sellsword company and return in a year's time to purchase the inn back with his earnings. Beneger set out and spent a year travelling in the company of sellswords fighting and learning, it was hard at first, Beneger had never held a sword before. Before long though Beneger had become an adequate fighter and had earned enough in wages and spoils to return home. The Blight had left Altera in this time and so Benger gathered his things and rode home. However upon his return his family had scattered. His father had taken his only remaining daughter and set out west while his three half brothers had joined a passing mummers troupe soon after him and headed east. Worse yet the inn was gone, burned down in a fire started by its new owners. It was in this moment that Beneger realized his world would never go back to the way it was when he was a young man and set out seeking adventure.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hi! Thank you for your application to Hollowworld! Just reminding you that all characters should start off with a basic skill set and learn advanced skills in game. However, seeing as I think you know that --

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.