Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Another Art Thread

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
@SirLuamTehDoge

Ronn Holtztorc! I realise that he's a knight, but since his woodcutting skills are highlighted as much as they are in your character sheet I felt like it'd better portray the character :p Also went for slightly sharper shading than usual.

Bonus: I initially accidentally drew Bob Ross :eek: http://imgur.com/tdnBD3j

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
YOUR HEALTH IS LOW
Do you have any potions? Or food?

Check the Guild for more quests *Whistle sound* (GOD I LOVE THIS GAME)

On a different note, I haven't drew sabres in a while, and considering I have owned a book specifically on the subject of Polish sabres for some time that's probably a mistake I should fix.

Swords.png

Shown are three different hilts popular in Poland in different periods, obviously stylised completely differently to what was popular historically. The one to the left starts appearing in mid 17th century, and would find the knucklebow connected to the pommel by around 1670s. The centre one is, contrary to the popular image of Hussar sabre, the single most popular form of Polish sabre hilt throughout history, being prevalent in one way or another from 16th century all the way to the fall of the Commonwealth of Both Nations in late 18th century. It's an Ottoman style of hilt, which is popular across most of Eastern Europe throughout the period. Last is the knucklebow shape which is probably the most famous due to its adaption by the British in 1796 Pattern Light Cavalry sabre, as well as being the shape known most commonly as the Hussar Sabre. These come around around the same time as the square knucklebow, and though today it might seem obvious, they weren't usually connected to the pommel at all back then.