Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Another Art Thread

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Lemme claim a spot.
EDIT: Arianne, with her arming sword potentially? (Will edit payment screenshot once I can.) How much would that be?

The sword is unadorned save for the hilt. The blade is plain, of excellent polished steel, with two narrow fullers along its 30 inch length, in a Type XXI.4 configuration. The hilt curves bladewards, and is of similar fine steel, shaded to a deep matte grey. The guard has been milled and chiseled to an extremely fine level of detail, depicting a stylized bow.

The grip is of sturdy antler core, wrapped in shark’s skin with a fine layer of glowstone powder firmly glued in and under each ridge and bump on the sharkhide. As a result, the grip glows.

The sword has a pommel of high-quality blackened steel, with the sigil of the Rangers carved into it. The sigil has been detailed with more glowstone veneer, and the image glows against the matte deep grey steel.
Boop

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I need a sword. I shall pay.

This arming sword has been clearly crafted for higher nobility. A fighting badger motif appears in blue, stamped onto the rounded pommel, encircled by the motto of House Bayard - “Diese Wande Halten”. A deep, dark cyan-lapis engraving circles between stripes of silver on the rounded crossguard - The center of which features the emblem of House Bayard, which accompanies ornate detailing - Including rampant gryphons, stout badgers, and kneeling knights. The hilt is a scaled series of concentric circles that rise from pommel to guard, set in glossy faded “”brass”” tones. A scabbard of black wrapped leather is decorated with gold fittings in intricate details bearing design elements that are similar to the hilt, with a single blue and silver accent at the end. The blade is shined to a mirror polish, showing off the folded ripples of it’s steel. The weapon makes out at 101.6cm (40in) long, with the blade being 76.2cm (30in) of that length and 4.44cm (1.75in wide. The balance point is exquisite, exactly 5cm (2in) from the guard. It comes in a box of polished ebonized walnut, the guard pommel and scabbard detail made of carved steel and inlaid cast silver. The blade is “feather” pattern-welded steel forged and grounded out, to be steady and sharp.
Reference, Blade: https://s00.yaplakal.com/pics/pics_original/8/9/4/7830498.jpg
Reference, Hilt: http://i.imgur.com/nIaXFSs.jpg

Jesus, Michcat , that description.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I need a sword. I shall pay.

This arming sword has been clearly crafted for higher nobility. A fighting badger motif appears in blue, stamped onto the rounded pommel, encircled by the motto of House Bayard - “Diese Wande Halten”. A deep, dark cyan-lapis engraving circles between stripes of silver on the rounded crossguard - The center of which features the emblem of House Bayard, which accompanies ornate detailing - Including rampant gryphons, stout badgers, and kneeling knights. The hilt is a scaled series of concentric circles that rise from pommel to guard, set in glossy faded “”brass”” tones. A scabbard of black wrapped leather is decorated with gold fittings in intricate details bearing design elements that are similar to the hilt, with a single blue and silver accent at the end. The blade is shined to a mirror polish, showing off the folded ripples of it’s steel. The weapon makes out at 101.6cm (40in) long, with the blade being 76.2cm (30in) of that length and 4.44cm (1.75in wide. The balance point is exquisite, exactly 5cm (2in) from the guard. It comes in a box of polished ebonized walnut, the guard pommel and scabbard detail made of carved steel and inlaid cast silver. The blade is “feather” pattern-welded steel forged and grounded out, to be steady and sharp.
Reference, Blade: https://s00.yaplakal.com/pics/pics_original/8/9/4/7830498.jpg
Reference, Hilt: http://i.imgur.com/nIaXFSs.jpg

Jesus, Michcat , that description.

Yes

Yes swordy I'll pm you about it :3 if there's still a spot
And yes

Just to let everyone know I might be a little slow (not just in general, though that too) as I bought a new PC and the final bit will arrive tomorrow.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Why did I miss out on this, I swear I clicked "alert me" on this thread
makes the "I see you" gesture
NEXT TIME

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Arc's Sword.png

Sir_Arc Hope you like your sword! Sorry it's taking a while to do the commissions, but I've been kind of busy. Had my graduation (now officially a Bachelor of Science in Business Management woo) and work is, well, work.

A

Angel

I love your art and was wondering if I could get you to do one for my character? If so would it cost in game money or IRL money?

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I love your art and was wondering if I could get you to do one for my character? If so would it cost in game money or IRL money?
Also sorry about this, but not right now. I don't charge real life money because the quality of my drawings tend to fluctuate, and I cannot make you a guarantee that my drawing for you would be as good as my drawing for someone else. I'd be generally happy to accept this for a few thousand Radiants though, but my girlfriend is coming down for a week and I also have a few other fairly large drawings to do after the sword commissions are done.

Also, apologies for not responding immediately... kind of bad form on my part.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Sorry I didn't paint any of the requests yet. I needed a break from swords because I've drawn too many. So I drew a guy in armour, because that's original.

Specifically, it's Demitrius and his horse, Striga. I'll need to actually order this armour from some blacksmith at some point. I've recently been quite liking the idea of a brigandine serving as the main breastplate, because it looks cool. All in all, taking into consideration restarting the painting twice because I wasn't happy with the way the metal looked, this probably took around 6 hours, and likely marks one of my favourite pieces. I think the metal could still be improved, but small steps...

I haven't forgotten the requests. I'll get to them eventually.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Fun fact: this is downsized to 1500 (I usually downsize to around 1000), but the original size was 16,000 x 12,000 in size.

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
Sorry I didn't paint any of the requests yet. I needed a break from swords because I've drawn too many. So I drew a guy in armour, because that's original.

Specifically, it's Demitrius and his horse, Striga. I'll need to actually order this armour from some blacksmith at some point. I've recently been quite liking the idea of a brigandine serving as the main breastplate, because it looks cool. All in all, taking into consideration restarting the painting twice because I wasn't happy with the way the metal looked, this probably took around 6 hours, and likely marks one of my favourite pieces. I think the metal could still be improved, but small steps...

I haven't forgotten the requests. I'll get to them eventually.
The detail in that background, tho :eek::heart: