Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Another Art Thread

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
BoredBrit
Brit's Sword.png

ShaolinPunk
Shaolin's Sword.png

YOU GET A SWORD AND YOU GET A SWORD AND YOU GET A SWORD!

That concludes all the official commissions. I have at least one for someone that isn't as official, but we'll see how that goes.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Sorry I didn't paint any of the requests yet. I needed a break from swords because I've drawn too many. So I drew a guy in armour, because that's original.

Specifically, it's Demitrius and his horse, Striga. I'll need to actually order this armour from some blacksmith at some point. I've recently been quite liking the idea of a brigandine serving as the main breastplate, because it looks cool. All in all, taking into consideration restarting the painting twice because I wasn't happy with the way the metal looked, this probably took around 6 hours, and likely marks one of my favourite pieces. I think the metal could still be improved, but small steps...

I haven't forgotten the requests. I'll get to them eventually.
This is really, really nice. Good shit, dude.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I drew Edward the Black Prince.

Edward the Black Prince.png

Edward the Black Prince is a very well-known figure, though one we don't actually know a lot about. We know that he was the eldest son of King Edward III of England, and that he was a great commander in his era, at just 16 having to fight in the 100 Years' War alongside his father. He never got to wear the English crown, as he died of an illness just months before his father, and so the crown surpassed him and went to his son, Richard II, who was only 10 at the time.

One thing we can be certain of is just how fortunate we are when it comes to Edward the Black Prince's war equipment. Aside from a beautiful, extremely well-detailed bronze effigy housed at the Canterbury Cathedral, we also have his funerary achievements, which were items that were considered important enough to hang over his effigy on display. Among them we have his shield, outer joupon, gauntlets and great helm. The latter has recently been confirmed to have been used in battle. The bascinet which he wore, therefore, was used as secondary defence, which was the bascinet helmet's original purpose before the visor became widespread. I did not include any hinges in the bascinet for this reason. In general my drawing is a loose interpretation of Edward's armour, though judging by the fully gilt gauntlets that make up two of his achievements there should be a lot more gold present.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Updating Demitrius's profile page, decided to redraw a few outdated art pieces. Also realised that I've been drawing swords wrong, with grips and crossguards far too fat and generally bad proportions.

Demi's Armour.png
Demi's sword.png

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I thought my tablet was broken, but it turns out that the recent Windows update just broke tablet settings for my particular device. In any case, I thought it might be fun to try livestreaming.

So next Friday at 9PM GMT (5PM EST) I'll be streaming. The topic of the stream will be an introduction into drawing plate armour. Feel free to ask any questions about plate armour or Medieval times in general during the stream and I'll answer them as best as I can.

Shao

Bring back angry react
I thought my tablet was broken, but it turns out that the recent Windows update just broke tablet settings for my particular device. In any case, I thought it might be fun to try livestreaming.

So next Friday at 9PM GMT (5PM EST) I'll be streaming. The topic of the stream will be an introduction into drawing plate armour. Feel free to ask any questions about plate armour or Medieval times in general during the stream and I'll answer them as best as I can.
Will watch : )

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend

Where do you stream?