Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Any interest in a Hollowworld bloodline game?

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
This sounds epic....Good Luck to you guys,
If theres ever another I wouldn't mind joining...And when I've played more DF

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Sigh... If only DF wasn't so complicated... I hope one of the Overseers goes insane... Now that would be funny.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
I could join if wanted. I have had some FUN so far but I seem to be getting the hang on parts of it.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
I got the book delivered the other day and I can highly recommend it to everyone.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Wouldn't it go out of date with updates? I'mnot sure how frequent updated are for DF.
There is a ebook version that will be updated. But in reality the basics of the game have not changed. By the time you have read the book and mastered everything it teaches you it will have done its job. It covers stuff that have been in the game since it first launched so any updates that come aren't relevant to what this book sets out to teach you.

arcosanti

I think I might like it here
I could join if wanted. I have had some FUN so far but I seem to be getting the hang on parts of it.
More overseers = more chaos = more fun. I'll add you to the end of the current rotation, Roopot. Things should be well up the creek by the time the fortress gets to you. ;)

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
*plans on taking the boat down the creek, over that big waterfall over there* :p

wanderin_robin

Admin au Naturale
The problem with doing it in character would mean I would trap all the dwarves in one room, still feeding them food. I would then proceed to kill them off one by one enjoying their blood. They would not get any ale.
Ive just had to catch the vampire living in my fort, turned out to be the mayor. I made her fight a one-legged goblin hammer lord, who damaged her head up to the point where she had to have surgery. Unfortunately she got an infection on the operating table, so Im just waiting to see whether she pulls though. If she does Ive got a choice, throw her in the cave crocodile pit or seal her in a guard tower with a crossbow and hundereds of bolts to protect my fortress for all eternity

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Ive just had to catch the vampire living in my fort, turned out to be the mayor. I made her fight a one-legged goblin hammer lord, who damaged her head up to the point where she had to have surgery. Unfortunately she got an infection on the operating table, so Im just waiting to see whether she pulls though. If she does Ive got a choice, throw her in the cave crocodile pit or seal her in a guard tower with a crossbow and hundereds of bolts to protect my fortress for all eternity
A proper example of the pure awesomeness that can be Dwarf Fortress... If only I were smart enough to learn how to play... *Sadface*

S

Stevey

Robin just turn your entire fortress into vampires, success garaunteed.

wanderin_robin

Admin au Naturale
Robin just turn your entire fortress into vampires, success garaunteed.
But then who will eat my thousands of ready meals? Including such culinary delights as +prepared bushtit brain roast+ (a delicious combination of well-minced prepared black bear lung, minced prepared cockatiel brain, well-minced prepared large rat spleen and finely minced prepared bushtit brain)

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Could somone link me to a up-to-date DF wiki?... I'm obsessed with learning this game or dieing trying to... Hopefully the former.

S

Stevey

As long as you learn the essentials like good production and metal industry, you're all set. You can learn the rest as you go but as a bearded naked man once told me 'after you learn the basics, the rest is just one extra click'.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
So I was trying out adventure mode after my fortress got flooded out and got killed within five minites

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Alright... I think, if I'm not to late and if somone could explain how we're going to switch the game between all of us, that I could attempt to properly run this fortress and fail horribly.

arcosanti

I think I might like it here
Yessssssssssssssssss. You've been added to the rotation - tacked on there at the end, so you'll be running the fortress in year 10. All other things being equal, you should be on deck for running the fort the week of Sep 2 or so. Plenty of time to keep coming up to speed on everything.

Although I will admin - I'm dyin' to hear a report from Lars' turn.