Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Appeal Denied] Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astraaeus

Villager
Astraaeus
Astraaeus
Greetings to those who read this thread,

I was banned ~two months ago for "Causing chaos in the Discord server." Since then, I'd like to appeal my efforts and changes since then. Since such a ban has been issued, over the elapsed time, I will attempt to explain why I should be unbanned from the server. I believe HollowWorld is a nice community - and I truly enjoyed my time on the server. However this was not a time without conflict. A few players got into a bicker with me for reasons I'm truly unclear about initially. Whatever the case, what happened was inappropriate from my side of the table. Unfortunately my language, demeanour, attitude and conduct over the Discord server lead to my immediate ban on the server. I understand the various need for trust with the server before I am readmitted. And I understand that with this time tensions hopefully have abated. I've not really spoken to the people from HollowWorld since the ban and I have been isolated from the community. During this time I have seen a great growth and self reflection in care for my words towards others. Thinking before acting is an important part of having successful relationships, and certainly I was not thinking before my actions upon my ban. I believe that wholeheartedly I am going to have what it takes to be a productive member of the community and think more before I speak on OOC mediums if I am re-admitted. Henceforth I will always ensure that I am meticulously careful with what I communicate towards others. I understand that I was frustrated and upset at the time of my infractions and will moving forward work on trying to inhibit inappropriate speech even during times of disappointment or frustration. I have much appreciation for the server, not only it's small and intimate community but it's fantastic builds. I want to rejoin the community and promise that I will not break the rules or cause dismay in the future. I hope that this is convincing enough and with the time elapsed you can understand my point of view. I want to rejoin HollowWorld so that I can roleplay, and not engage in conflict with others.

With sincerity, Ryan (Astraaeus).

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Hello Astraaaeus,

We've reviewed your appeal and after reviewing the incidents that lead to your ban have decided to leave the ban in place for now. It is possible it may lift at some point in the future but for the foreseeable future we will be keeping this in effect. We hope you have the best of luck in the meantime and hope you find an RP community or other places that suit you.

~Staff~

Astraaeus

Villager
Astraaeus
Astraaeus
We've reviewed your appeal and after reviewing the incidents that lead to your ban have decided to leave the ban in place for now. It is possible it may lift at some point in the future but for the foreseeable future we will be keeping this in effect. We hope you have the best of luck in the meantime and hope you find an RP community or other places that suit you.
When should I re-appeal?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Normally in cases when we've decided to decline the app the soonest we reconsider them is six months to a year.

Astraaeus

Villager
Astraaeus
Astraaeus
Staff Member I felt like bringing this back to life since like it wasn't in another forum and I didn't know if making another thread attempt was appropriate or not but I'd like to re-apply here

I was basically banned for causing chaos in the discord server and being rude to some people. I was acting caustic and inappropriate at that time, and at the time I wasn't feeling okay mentally nor was I mentally fit for a lot of social functions. To list, I have been diagnosed with the following since then:
  1. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
  2. Bipolar Disorder
These are some challenges I've been able to work through with the proper mental health channels and treatment methods which include medications and psychotherapy and since then I've had immense progress in addressing these issues which burden so many, and while I cannot say these are excuses I just merely want to make you guys aware of it.

Otherwise, I'm really sorry and I won't repeat the same behaviour. I'll try hard to treat other people with respect and follow the rules whenever possible.
Since getting treatment, my life has gotten so better and I think it'd be nice to reintroduce HollowWorld into my life once again.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Astraaeus,

We understand that you may have been in a bad place mentally back then, but we do not think that this just excuses the behaviour that was displayed.
The incidents leading to your ban have been reviewed several more times, and have decided not to lift the ban.

We are glad to hear you are in a better place mentally, and hope you can find another place or community that suits you.

Sincerely,
Moderation Team

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Immerael stated it may very well be possible your ban will be lifted in the future.
But that moment is not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.