Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Application for Edward Greil [Approved - Tiberione]

Edward Greil

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?

King_Greil

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?

United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?

yes I have read them

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is a form of cheating in Roleplay, which involves using information that you as a player know to your advantage despite the fact that your character would not be privy to this information. Power Gaming is making hyper overpowered characters by abusing the game system, or in this case involves making up NPCs in RP that are to your advantage like random guards to help fight and other such things. It also involves making actions in RP which remove your partner's choice and assures your triumph like outright stating that you have slain them after the swing of your sword.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

no

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Squidziod

8. Tell us about yourself!

Well, I’m 17 years old and in my Senior year of high school. My main hobby is tabletop Role Playing Games, primarily I play 5th edition dungeons and dragons. I like to write and make characters when I’m bored. I also draw a fair bit and play a decent amount of video games, though I don’t play video games as much as I used to

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

My art yay!.jpg
This is something I drew, the left is my concept sketch and the right is my (mostly) finished product

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I wanted to roleplay so I looked up Minecraft roleplay servers and now I’m here

Character Name:
Edward Greil

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Shaggy Brown hair, tired blue eyes. He wears a faded blue surcoat with a gold hem. He’s got some armor on his left arm and legs but not much elsewhere. He's got a bandolier across his chest as well as a belt on his waist. On his belt is a pouch, a dagger, and an old, beaten up sword on his waist.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Mundane Ed.PNG

Written Test!
I grew up in small city back in the Northern Kingdoms. I had been raised by my father since the age of four, when my mother went missing. No one really knew what happened to her she just up and vanished one day. I spent most of my days out on the streets of my neighborhood until I was about 8 years old, I’d always get beat up by the other kids in my neighborhood. See there were these three boys, bullies the lot of them. I’d try and stand up for the other kids but they would just gang up on me. After one particularly savage beating I came home to my father with a black eye all beaten and bloodied. The very next day he signed me up for swordsmanship lessons at the local battle school. From then on that’s where I spent most of my time, there I was equals with everyone, I learned to read and write and the basics of blade work. I had been studying at the school for 4 years. By the time that 4 years was done I was by no means a master and most certainly not even skilled, really it was only a rudimentary understanding of basic blade work but it was better than how I started. One night I was coming home from staying late and I noticed those bullies again, they were picking on my neighbor Thomas, beating him really. They had the poor fool doubled over and they were beating him with sticks, shouting about him owing them money or some sort. Well I got to thinking, now that I was a swordsman and all I could teach these punks some manners! I took out the wooden practice blade from my training bag and shouted to them, “Hey, you better leave him be if you know whats good for you!” They all turned to face me. In the time that took, Thomas had already gotten up and limped away. “Just who the hell are you, hmm?” That was their leader, Brutus. He thwapped the stick he was carrying in his hand a couple times before a look of familiarity came over his face, “Hey I remember you! We used to kick your butt every couple days, we thought you had learned your lesson! Guess not!” He lashed out with his stick on the final word, I attempted a parry but my form was sloppy, I deflected most of the blow but still took a glancing shot to the head. He redoubled his effort swinging wildly. The other two boys looked to one another and charged at me as well, each took a swing, I managed to parry one but the other struck me in the shoulder. I leaped back to gain distance, things were not looking good. I gritted my teeth and rushed Brutus, he tried to wallop me but my shoulder hit his chest before his arm could come down. He went tumbling across the cobblestone. The other two continued their assault, I parried left then right, barely deflecting each blow. "B
last! these two bit brigands are hardly trained and I'm still barely keeping up!" The thought barely had time to cross my mind before another blow struck me across the jaw. I went reeling but remembered why I was there, I couldn't quit now. I mustered the last of my strength, with a hammering blow I struck the crony to my left, his frail stick snapped from the force of my blow and the strength of my superior practice sword. The fool looked at his weapon in disbelief before I smacked him across the jaw and he fell down. The last boy discarded his stick and fled home. I had won, but victory did not taste sweet, it tasted like blood and sweat and pain. That was maybe my first taste of what a real fight was like, and I realized I had a lot to learn. I guess that’s kind of how I got my start helping people, but it’s all in the past now. The Northern Kingdoms, my home, all of its gone. And now I’m arriving in this strange new land, I only hope I can become strong enough one day to help make a difference. There’s a lot of evil out there in the world, strong people who abuse the weak, like Brutus and his cronies. I vow that as I live there is no evil that will stand in my way, I will do my best to make a better world for everyone.

Last edited:
D

Dark Auras

APPLICATION ON-HOLD
A few notes on things that must be fixed before this application can be approved:

*Powergaming Definition should be clarified/expanded a bit. See Roleplay Guide thread here:
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/roleplay-guide.42495/

*As a new character you must begin as novice level for skills (Such as swordsmanship) and improve those skills in-character in the server. Your background that your character went through some training is ok as long as the training did not in the end offer you a noticable benefit to skill as you did not actually do it in-character. The bit in the background story about the fight should be adjusted to reflect this.

A general note that does not require fixing but must be understood:

*The equipment you start with must be crude and not well made. I.E. the sword may be brittle or off balanced. You must obtain better equipment in-character.

Please reply when these edits have been made!​

Edward Greil

Villager
APPLICATION ON-HOLD
A few notes on things that must be fixed before this application can be approved:

*Powergaming Definition should be clarified/expanded a bit. See Roleplay Guide thread here:
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/roleplay-guide.42495/

*As a new character you must begin as novice level for skills (Such as swordsmanship) and improve those skills in-character in the server. Your background that your character went through some training is ok as long as the training did not in the end offer you a noticable benefit to skill as you did not actually do it in-character. The bit in the background story about the fight should be adjusted to reflect this.

A general note that does not require fixing but must be understood:

*The equipment you start with must be crude and not well made. I.E. the sword may be brittle or off balanced. You must obtain better equipment in-character.

Please reply when these edits have been made!​
I made some edits, now he gets beat a lot more in the fight, he still comes out victorious but only barely. I've edited the bit about the sword to mention that its old and battered, as well I updated my definition of powergaming.

D

Dark Auras

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.