Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Application for Whitelist - SpacingOut [Denied - Cukie1]

SpacingOut

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)
My minecraft username is currently SpacingOut.
2. How old are you?
(Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.)
I am 14 years old.

3. What country are you from?
(HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.)
I was born, raised and currently live in Australia. I am a native English speaker.
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)
Indeed I have.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any roleplaying community.)
My understanding is that metagaming is a term used for when players are "OP" and very aggressive. I believe it also has to do with not changing your strategy; however I could be wrong about this.
Powergaming is, to my knowledge, when someone's only goal is to advance in the game, and they drop out of character to do so.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
(This question goes for any method that can be used to unfairly find and mine ores.)
No, and for good reason. It would give some players an unfair advantage.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Everything you need to know!'.)
Cukie1 is currently a mentor.
8. Tell us about yourself!
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)
I was born and raised in Australia. I have two sister and no brothers, unless you count my dog, of course. I have an 8 year old dog called Pokie and an 8 year old cat called Roxy.
In my spare time I enjoy ice skating/figure skating and I take ice/figure skating classes on Sundays. I also play in chess tournaments on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
My favourite colour is blue, because it reminds me of delicate things, like butterflies.
I have coeliac disease, meaning I can't eat wheat, oats or barley. I'm also short sighted and wear glasses.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)
I occasionally dabble in drawing and writing, but it's nothing incredible. I'll paste a story I wrote from the perspective of a survivor of the Grenfell Tower Fire:
I can hear the crackling flames, smell the acrid smoke as I flee from the building, flee without my possessions, my family, my everything. I can’t see through the thick smoke, but I hear people screaming to get out.

Stumbling through the corridor, I yell to raise the alarm, choking on the thick, black smoke. All I can see is flames; all I can hear are screams.

I reach the end of the corridor and feel for the door. I silently thank the gods that my apartment is on the second floor.

Was. It was on the second floor.

Tripping over discarded items left by fleeing residents, I finally make it outside, greedily sucking the cool, fresh air into my lungs.

I see more people running down the corridor and hurriedly prop the door open for them to escape. As their faces come into view, I recognize my cousins, who were staying with me for a week. I sob with relief and we embrace, crying, thankful that we are still alive.

A policeman ushers us over to the place where the other residents are standing; and i think “is that all?”. Surely this couldn’t be everyone - and then I hear the screams, and look up. There is a man there. His window is on fire and he is yelling, hoping someone will hear. The flames are climbing higher and higher -

I can’t watch.

Suddenly, I hear the sound of rushing water. The firefighters! They have spotted the man and are spraying his window. His tears of relief can be heard above the roaring smoke.

Someone hands me a blanket and I take it, glad of the warmth on this cold night.

It’s nearly morning now.

I watch the building burn as the sun comes up in Hell.

-End of story-
I also write poems from time to time but nothing worth sharing :)

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)
I was referred by my friend, Hero0fOlympus, who is currently waiting on her whitelist application to be approved or denied. We both find the server's idea intriguing and would like to be a part of the community.
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
(Be mindful of the Medieval Fantasy theme when choosing your name.)
Sylvia Birch.
Character Age:
(Simple enough!)
Character Race:
(Have a look through our Playable Races!)
Halfling
Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
If it is acceptable I will use my current skin. The hair colour is brown/auburn, eyes are blue, skin colour is very pale and clothing is blue. The clothing my skin is wearing is similar to that of medieval upper-class people.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)You can find my skin here: https://namemc.com/profile/SpacingOut.2

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)
Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change
-+-
Tilting my head upwards, I saw silver moonlight, threaded through the sky like the finest stitching on a silken coat. The crescent moon shone brightly in the sky, surrounded by the stars, its loyal subjects. Each star was precious and beautiful, full of wonderful possibilities. The night sky had always fascinated me, ever since I was a little child. Even though it was so far, and would never be within my grasp, I still felt a sense of safety when I looked at the moon. Through all the terror, all the trouble and disaster and anguish that occurred down here on our planet, the moon would continue to shine. A beacon of hope.
I could have lay there and stared at it forever, but something caught my attention. A faint rustle in the leaves. I turned my head just slightly, and saw there a young halfling, no more than two years old. I smiled at her and patted the ground next t me. She squealed, and looked ready to scamper, but when she realized I meant no harm, came to sit beside me.
It's funny how you can lay in this spot for hours. It's like time is different when you're here; atop this hill, surrounded by the trees and the rocks.
Looking down, I realized the little halfling had run. I hoped that she would remember this spot, that she would tend to these flowers when I could not.

My family has been through many hardships but we have always pulled through. It encourages me that through all these troubles, my mother never once looked at me and said "Give it up". She always helped us keep fighting. She was like a firefly, always full of light. She made everyone around her smile.
Even when she began to fade, she worried only for us and our feelings.
Before she died, she pulled my close and said "Sylvia, the light of my life. Stay strong. I love you". These words have travelled with me for my entire life.

Our species has gone through so much pain, and now there are not many of us left. We must live in secret. Many of us have turned to thievery, admittedly, myself included. It always worries me that one day, we will be discovered, hiding in tree trunks, behind bushes, secreted away underneath small rocks.
I worry that when we are discovered, we will be killed without mercy.
But I must stay strong and continue fighting for my species to survive.
For who will tend to the flowers if I do not?
-+-End of story-+-
That's a bit of backstory, I guess. It's very rambly and repetitive, so I'm sorry about that if it's too noticeable. I just wanted to capture my character's fear, and show how she always stays strong. I had meant to include a wider backstory but this just popped out.
Thank you for reading and considering this application, and have a good day :)

Attachments

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a moment to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
A few things to look over:
-The skin, I'd say is too modern for our server.
-Powergaming and Metagaming definitions need to be revised