Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Application: HoeBilly [Approved - Charybdis]

HoeBilly

Legend of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
HoeBilly

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Australia.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when you use information you learned OOC whilst you are IC.

Powergaming is when you put words into other peoples mouths - not allowing them the chance to emote a response. EG: *and then I punched them in the face, knocking them unconscious*

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda

8. Tell us about yourself!
I have a radio on my desk. My favourite season is Autumn. My favourite colour is yellow, follwed closely by purple, but I have recently been developing a fondness for dark red. I have so many books on my shelf I've had to start stacking them vertically on top of each other. I still want more books. I am part of my university's medieval club. Yes I am that cool. :D

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
-

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Returning player.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Cassandra

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Brown hair. Brown eyes. Female.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
me.png

Written Test!

I believe I've become a connoisseur of sorts since my husband died. I've been to the bottom of so so many mugs of grog that I feel qualified in saying that I am a proper alcohol critic. The best thing about them, I've found, is that after the tenth or so swig, every glass, no matter how terrible its taste, is functionally the same. They make one so delightfully fuzzy.
Now then you might ask, how might a woman without a husband afford so many tankards of booze? To be entirely honest, I'm not really sure... I just keep saying "Another one, me good fellow!!" and they keep coming!!
I am, after all, a woman travelling on her own, drinking her time away in the taverns that so many men frequent. Perhaps they are just enthralled by any face prettier than theirs. A statement that says very little to my own attractiveness, let me tell you that!!
In any case, I could not care less where my next drink comes from, so long as I can get completely sloshed by the end of the night. It helps me to forget. I firmly believe that in this time of so much sickness and death, getting fully knackered as often as is possible is the only rational response. My own mortality stares me in the face every day, choking my throat with fear, unless I drink enough to chase it away. It's a game we play, my mortality and I. And I am ever the loser.
Oh, I was not always this way, for sure. But the Plague came, it swept through my ancestral home of Storm's Landing. First it destroyed my husband's merchant business, then it took his life. It almost got me, but I would not let it have me. I fled.
I fled to Linlea, the moor elf city. A lovely place with an even lovelier tavern to drink in. The Greynor Inn.
Now that is where I spend as much of my time as possible. As soon as I feel the icy fingers of Death wrapping around my bones, I know it is time for another drink. If I had a faith before the Plague arrived, it is now gone. At the moment of my husband's death I lost everything I was before. The face I see in the mirror was no longer my own. In the months that followed, I became someone completely new. The woman I see in the mirror knows that life is suffering, and all we can do is eke out as much enjoyment as we are able. Another drink, me good fellow!!

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, in Linistel, or at Storm's Landing, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+