Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Application to be Whitelisted [Approved - Cukie1]

JayRider

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
JayRider
2. How old are you?
16 years old. My Bday is June 21st, 2001

3. What country are you from?
United States of America. State: Florida

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I have read through all of the above.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meatgaming is getting an ingame edge while getting the information out of character. Powergaming is rushing to be most powerful person their is. Like a Squire turning into a Lord in less then a week.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope that would be cheating and fail RP

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Snerus (Snerus)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello hello its me JayRider but for causal reason you can call me Jay. No that isn't my real name that you need to get to know me personally to know. I am a causal roleplayer who loves a good story with amazing lore. What can I say I am a sucker for good plot. Both types may I add. Only fellow anime fans will get it. Yes I am into anime a lot. You need a suggestion I am your man. Another three things are love are dogs, video games, and music. I s, absolutely in love with the fury little beings. I at heart am a game from core to personality you can tell very easily. I have been playing video games since I was 5 years old. I have got somewhat good at them but some parkour like mirror's edge make me want to die. My favorite game series is Danganronpa which is an amazing murder mystery role-playing game.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I have plenty of RP work. I specialize in writing very interesting lore, character details, event planning for role-plays, and an semi decent skin creator. Give me a description of any costume skin you want and I can make it from scratch. I have been doing all of this since 2015. Event planning I have been doing since June 2016.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nope just looked up fantasy roleplay minecraft and this sever was the first to pop up in planetminecraft
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Simon Dawnstar (Shattershield)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Dark Elf (Or in your guys lore a Moor Elf)

Appearance:
Sexuality: Straight
Current Residence: None as of yet
Relationship Status: Single
Social Status: Middle Class
Height: 5 foot 8 inches
Weight: 162 LBS
Eye Colour: Mixed. Has one red and purple eye
Skin Colour: A light shade of gray
Distinguishing Features: You will see him smiling and his different eyes
Build of Body: Skinny muscular
Hair Colour: Snowy White
Hair Style: Combed forward
Posture: Laid back and when he sits always sloches
Scars: None as of yet
Voice: A deep calming voice that always stays almost montone
Wardrobe: Usually dresses in the same outfit that is dark blue but changes to a more fancy set if need. That is also a shade of dark blue.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Citizen skin

Mercenary Skin

More info on my OC
Pets/Animals: None as of yet.
Owned Homes: None as of yet.
Carried Inventory: A sword, food, and money
General Inventory: Food, and weapons
General Wealth: Decent enough to live comfortably.
Health: Pretty good.
Sleeping Habits: Stays up almost always late into the night.
Energy Levels: Hyper even after an hour nap.
Eating Habits: Eats small portions throughout the day to keep him full.
Exercise Habits: Trains with a sword and other exercises almost daily.
Memory: Can remember every event with a lot of detail.
Unhealthy Habits: Stays up way too late in the night.
Drinking Habits: Is addicted to tea
Family History: Simon was raised with five siblings who are not to be named, his single mother, and his twin Haley. They take the last name of their mother Dawnstar since their father abandon them before they were even born.
Peaceful or violent: Generally peaceful but if paid and/or threatened will be violent
Weaponry: A sword and bow and arrows

History:
Simon was born as a middle class Elf in the city of Lorthril. He had a twin named Haley. Originally Simon did not go by the surname of Shattshield since that was yet to be earned by him. His given name at his birth was Simon Dawnstar. Due to diseases and crime in the city the single mother of Simon named Janet decided to move for her children’s safety. They moved to a village along the outskirts of Lorthilian territory. There Simon and his siblings were raised as farmers but two of the bunch of 5 had different passions. The twins always prefered combat and adventure over the daily chores of the farming life along with often skipped their chores. At the age of 8 Simon came across an old eleven man who just moved into their small village. Simon grew quite fond of this old man who told him stories of the great wars that the elves had taken apart in. From battles with Orcs all the way to humans Simon memorised every detail. Soon a day afterwards the old man would always tell stories of battle, adventure, and love to Simon and his twin sister. Two weeks after meeting this old man Simon asked how he knew all of this. The old man had replied “Well look here kid I moved here for a reason. I am old for a reason and usually those who take my profession die before they even get a gray hair on them. Those stories I have told you are those tales of my life and the wars along with the great powerful elven kingdoms are our people’s history. I used to be an Elite Elven Knight who always guarded the great council that rules our people even to this day. The training is intense along with takes years to master. To me a sword is like an extension of my arms and a bow loaded with an arrow is my razor focus piercing the enemy. I have mastered these two weapons and during my time as a knight I have found shields very useful.” The old knight would pull out an old dented shield that had a picture engraved of a willow tree. “This here saved my life many time. I made this during my time being trained and kept it to keep me safe in battle. Believe it or not this shield has seen more battles then the amount of years that I am alive. Now little ones do you want to hold it?” The twins before the old man would stare in awe seeing this old man now as their hero. After much talking, shield holding, and a few more stories Simon took hold of his life and asked a question which would lead him to earn the name Shattershield. “Hey Mr. Knight can you train me to be like how you were?” The old man laughed a little thinking it was a joke but once he realized that the boy before him was dead serious he thought about it a little then replied. “Now now it has been a while but I can train you two to be in the best shape you can be to battle. It even warms my heart for you to want to be trained by me. But be warned this training is not like the training for local guards. This is intense and not everyone survives to see the end. Are you still sure you want to be trained?” The two children before him took no hesitation to answer with a definite yes. From that day forward the old man trained them. At first Janet their mother didn’t approve of this but after seeing how passionate her twins were about this she let them go to follow their dreams. Many vigorous years have passed with hard training in becoming an Elite Warrior but both of the twins heavily depended on each other to complete their tasks. The twins have never been closer to each other. They were practically like a pack of wolves taking down their prey. On the 16th birthday of the twins Simon made a request to his mentor. “Hey old man I think I am finally ready to beat you solo in a sparring match. Care to do me the honour and test to see if I am?” The mentor look and laughed. “Well well child are you ready. Let us find out.” The match commenced between the two swords striking off the opponent's sword and vice versa. Strike after strike after strike Simon held his ground and started to gain some as he kept advancing on his seemingly immortal mentor. The retired knight seeing this trained to ram his shield into Simon to push him back. The knight charged forth but Simon had already seen this coming. Being able to slide out of the way and swung his sword with all of his might to the shield. You would hear the sound of a swift snap. The mentor rolled and went out of the area until he was able to stand up. Simon had won this sparring match. When the victor looked back he had seen a face of shock on everyone even the knight. Simon looked down to see the unbreakable shield had been broken into two swift evenly pieces his face grew pale. The knight walked up to Simon and put his hand on his left shoulder. Simon’s mentor bowed down but accidentally ripped his left sleeve off and laughed. “My boy you are truly a capable warrior now even better than me. It was an honour to train you Simon Shattershield.” Taking the honour Simon bowed to his mentor to give the same respect back but didn’t rip off his sleeve. Three years later Simon had taken tasks from his village and some others around it to make gold for his family. Both Simon and Haley went on simple courie quests along with some Mercenary work to clear hostiles from the woods. Then came the day when they were fully grown elves at the age of 19. Capable to defend those they love and move out from the village. The twins felt this was the right time to go and have a true adventure of their own. The old man promised to twins that he would keep their mother and siblings safe. The twins promised they would return with enough gold to put them all in a castle. Haley told Simon and their family she was to go to the city of Lorthril to seek work. Simon planned to go to the city of Astol. After the twins said their farewells they made their way to the capital city of the kingdom they were born into. Once arriving the close twins had a final celebration at a local tavern. The next morning the twins after spending 19 years next to each other day after day had a heart warming goodbye. They promised to stay alive and to see each other again in the near future. So then Simon made his journey to the city of Astol where his destiny awaited. During his travels Simon explored a cave. Inside the cave it was damp. Unlike other caves this felt strange as a strong magical presence was surrounding him. The further he went in their was a pool of glowing water from which he drank. Simon felt himself getting weak and collapsed. Darkness surrounded his vision. It felt like hours before light had been seen by Simon again. Somehow he felt strange. Simon only remembered his name as Simon Shattershield and bare clothes on his back with a sack, bow, arrows, and a sword. Simon was in a new world were he would make a new beginning. Further more he had forgotten all of his training and sent back to being a novice, even more startling Simon had forgotten his past. But a new world holds new opportunities so Simon would venture into his destiny.

Attachments

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a moment to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
A few things to look over:
-We discourage the use of heterochromia, as well as red eyes are not lore friendly.
-I can only allow one weapon and of low quality.
-I cannot allow advanced skills, all skills must be novice.
-I cannot allow advanced gear, meaning no armor that is made of metal. I can only allow leather and gambeson.
-Lorthilia isn't a real place on our server, and we would prefer large scale cultures and kingdoms not be included in applications
-No magic allowed in the test
-History concerns within the test, including race wars, ect. Orcs are not part of our lore, the closest we have are Earthspawn, which are endangered.

I'd like to ask you to revise our lore and adjust the things mentioned above before I can continue.

JayRider

Villager
Eye Colour: A deep shade of purple
Weapon of choice: Bow
Outfit: A blue and brown mix robe made from cloth. Under the robe Simon wears a pair of leather boots and dark brown trousers. The robe Simon wears does not have a hood on so this will not defend Simon's eyes to the sun light.

Backstory:
Waves brushed against the shoreline carrying a basket. The water had gently placed the basket along the shore as the waves continued to go in and out. By fate a young woman only at the age of 26 was taking a nice stroll along the shoreline. This was the best time of day a moor could go at was during dusk. As the young moor walked she had discovered a curious item along the shoreline. A basket. She had walked up to the basket which was being rocked by the water. The moor opened hoping to find a possible food crate that could have gone missing from a ship of sorts. What was in the basket was a not and a new born baby boy that like the women was a moor. In the note it told the person who is reading this to take care of this young lad and his name. The young boy's name was Simon. "Simon huh that is an amazing name for a cute little boy like you isn't it. I am similar to you Simon we both have human names. I am a half moor named Janet. Well looking on this now I am talking to myself since you are a baby after all." Then and there Janet had to make a decision between leaving the baby to fend for itself or becoming a mother. It took a little bit of thinking and planning but how could she leave one of her kind to die a baby at that. In the end no matter how much it could have turned out wrong since she had a decent amount of influence to the clan and no partner to help raise this kid. That day the young lass known to her kind as Janet had become a mother. The true parents of Simon are unknown along with how he had ended up at that shore. From there Janet returned to her village in Garrosh'lek to were Simon would have been raised. The language of Mok’yra was taught to Simon in his early years in life. Despite being an only child in a village with no other children Simon acted quite different then his pure blood kin or mother. Simon enjoyed silence but always preferred that there be noise like talking or crowds. Simon was out going and friendly. The blissful innocence of a human child were shown in a moor child. This may have been the fact that his mother was half Moor half human and raised like a human or maybe a side of Simon that showed that he wasn't a pure blood. Despite what other clan members tried to say no one could prove either he was or was not a pure blood. So this forced everyone to accept that fact. This was truly a blessing since it would teach those around him to focus on how the person acts and not what they are made of. Simon throughout the years earned a well deserved respect through his caring and helping personality. Like his mother he always enjoyed strolls along the shoreline at dusk. This love would grow into a passion. Simon one day just got an urge to go out on an adventure and travel not only the lands that had Moors but other races as well. While being up north so far away from everyone Simon did not get any discriminating traits that most Moors have. So Simon as he grew up always had a happy go lucky attitude along with a caring personality. His clan had loved on how Simon was and rewarded his mother Janet on doing such an excellent job parenting this excellent young boy. As years passed on Simon's urge to adventure had grown. Once books of legends and heroes had been gifted to him Simon just always wanted to be like the hero from the book. There from the stories and words on the pages Simon taught himself chivalry, courage, and honour. At the age of 18 Simon could barely resist his urge to adventure and become a hero had grown so strong like an itch on your back that you can not reach. Truly Simon would be able to go on his much wanted adventure but not as planned. During Simon's 19 unofficial birthday a tragedy had happened. The Elder of his clan had gone missing, Helping the search there was no body to even indicate that the elder had died. The elder had simply just vanished this lead to fighting internally within the middle class clan. Soon sides were formed then as fast as the fighting as started it stopped. In less then a week the clan due to this incident had disbanded becoming a dead clan. Simon and Janet would head out to look for a new clan. Luckily thanks to Simon becoming a big influence among the clans a high class noble clan had taken Janet into there ranks but rejected Simon. They were unsure of his birth and since nothing could be proven to either help or make matter worse. Due to there uncertainty they would not accepted Simon as one of their own but gladly welcomed his mother. Simon seeing that he can see his mother safely was good enough for him. That is what he had wanted anyways plus afterwards he could go on adventures he thought. Janet finding this out was heart broken. She had not wanted to leave her child despite Simon not coming from her womb. Janet rushed out to the gates of the new village to try to plead to let her child join the clan. Seeing this Simon embraced his mother trying to calm her telling her everything will be alright. Once his mother calmed down a little bit a promise was made between the two that every month Simon would send a letter of his travels and so she would know that her son was still alive. So after the promise was made the women of the village came out to bring her back to help counsel her. Simon left walking into a world which was now his to explore. With each step he takes it gets closer to his fate that destiny has decided for him.

Attachments

JayRider

Villager
A few things to look over:
-We discourage the use of heterochromia, as well as red eyes are not lore friendly.
-I can only allow one weapon and of low quality.
-I cannot allow advanced skills, all skills must be novice.
-I cannot allow advanced gear, meaning no armor that is made of metal. I can only allow leather and gambeson.
-Lorthilia isn't a real place on our server, and we would prefer large scale cultures and kingdoms not be included in applications
-No magic allowed in the test
-History concerns within the test, including race wars, ect. Orcs are not part of our lore, the closest we have are Earthspawn, which are endangered.

I'd like to ask you to revise our lore and adjust the things mentioned above before I can continue.

I have done what you have told and made edits to fit the lore

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Just for reference, Garrosh'lek isn't a village. It's a city under construction, and none really come from there yet, as Shink'maho has a culture currently under supervision. Otherwise-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guideonce you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.