Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Concept Arch Disae

Suiko

Lord of Altera
Hi Everyone!

Here is my story / world / concept in response to the "Attention Writers!" thread.

Arch Disae
(insert violin / cello quartet music here)

There is a planet, home to the plant-like people, that is somewhere far away that has quasi-medieval farms and is post-apocalyptic. Giant vine-like structures of plant-life span the world, that is Arch Disae.

A concept drawing of the Disaeus.
Notice the three-spire castle,
near the top leaning to the left.

History:

Aeons ago, there was the Tower. This tower provided the world with “Mana” and “Light”, which is now referred to as as “glo”. The tower was at the center of Arch Disae. It was at this tower that the major city and center to Science and Culture surrounded. The massive tower stretched up to the heavens. No one remembers what it reached up to, but ancient depictions in hidden caves in the Disaeus sometimes imply that it sometimes connected to a celestial body. Whatever it connected to no longer appears in the skies of Arch Disae, as it was depicted in the drawings; it appeared to have been another moon that Arch Disae no longer has. Although the details for the tower and the celestial body disappearing has been lost. Legend says that there was some kind of war between the ground dwellers and those of the heavens, and neither the tower, nor the celestial body seemed to survive the conflict. Some of the remains of the tower can still be seen, entangled in the Disaeus. High arches, massive fragments of walls, and parts of the tower seem to have been partially caught in the Disaeus vines, as if the vines reached out to grab the falling tower, It is most likely that Disaeus prevented the tower from collapsing entirely, which many believe would have annihilated all civilized life. Many pieces the size of small-asteroids still did fall to the ground, enough to throw society into the dark ages. Societies that weren’t completely destroyed by falling meteors, were abruptly ended by the earthquakes and massive ruptures in the ground. The center of civilization, which was at the base of the tower, disappeared. The rest of the races and societies were thrown into confusion and anarchy for several ages, leaving Science, Knowledge, and Culture all behind.

The Ruling Family:

Grandmother Celia, a mountain sized plant/like face can be seen in an enclave near the Disaus. Near the mountains that boarder it is the Enclave of Celia. This Enclave is an amorously embellished cove with bioluminescent waterfalls and spore-like flowers that descend slowly to the ground, as if they are floating.

Being the size of a mountain, Celia’s head is the only thing visible from the enclave. The rest of her body may be underground, but no one has dared to check. Her Radiance, Celia, houses delegation meetings. Part of her is also a palace, that houses hanging rooms and elegant halls. Her plant-like body takes nutrient from the soil in the ground, which is rumored to have been the crash site of part of the old moon, thus making it fertile, but this is unproven.

Celia is the graceful, gentle grandmother to the actual queen. Celia does not make decisions for the courts, but rather houses them in her chambers. No one is sure why she is the only Giant in the known world. Some say she drank a potion, others say it was because of the nutrients in the ground of the Enclave that she rooted into. This is the most believable answer due to plant-life growing excellent in the area. (Celia is also a plant-like Arch Disaen, so this makes the most sense) Due to being on the edge of the Disaeus, Celia partially glows at night as well, however it is not as bright as the Disaeus.

While there are break-away kingdoms in Arch Disae, the main Kingdom, Arch Disaeus, is located in the center of the realm. It is not too far off from the Enclave of Celia, nested in the mostly arable Midgar. The farms, plains, forests, and fields are mostly under his domain. His majesty enjoys the counsel of others, and thus has decreed a senate and counel of voting citizens of Arch Disaus, where they are allowed to make rules that the king will consider. The true power behind the throne, however, could be a group of people.

The Unknown:

The five areas of Arch Disae are: Midgar, Disaeus, The Unknown, and Beyond the Unknown. The Unknown is a place of unpredictability. There can be anything in the Unknown, but there are no known kingdoms that operate within it. Mostly what Arch Disaens consider as the Unknown is a place where they will most likely never return from, however there have been explorers that have come back. Most say that there are odd, fierce, massive creatures, deep caves, and jungle-like flora. One explorer has been said to have found a fragment of the Tower, still exposed, but partially covered by vines and Unknown flora. As far as Beyond The Unknown, no one really knows, and those that say that they do are not believed. There could be anything in the Beyond: an abyss, flying kingdoms, the old Moon, a giant pumpkin, it’s all up to the imagination.

The realm of Arch Disae is a new one. It was built upon the remains of the cataclysm of the previous world.

The “Moon”

According to oral legend. The moon that used to exist in the Skies of Arch Disae used to be home to the Sky Dwellers, they probably called themselves by a different name. What happened to the Sky Dwellers is unknown. When the Tower collapsed and when the Moon disappeared, they disappeared with it. Some like to say that they travel through the heavens, farther away from Arch Disae to live by themselves in harmony. Others say that they were utterly destroyed by the Tower collapsing.

(What “probably” happened was that the Moon partially shattered during the Tower Collapse. The part that descended to the world barely survived. Forced to survive in the darkness and inhospitable Beyond, their bodies most likely transformed and adapted to the rough environment. They developed claws and eyes that could better see in the dark, but in exchange their eyes grew to a dim, almost white, eerie color. Their skin grew paler and could take on either a pale green or red tone. They have since lost contact with the known realm but have been fiercely defending their home, which is built on top of one of the only protruding remains of their part of the moon. With thick, high, spiky walls and is home to the tough, cold denizens, a testament to the fierce and unrelenting will to survive.

The part of the Moon that didn’t descend from the Heavens probably became the comet that passes by Arch Disae once every 77 Arch-years. They either live in complete Elysium (heavenly extravagance) or they all died, there’s no way to tell until we are one day able to either make looking glasses advanced enough to peer at them, or they visit us.)

Known Races of Arch Disae:

Commonfolk - Mostly found in Midgar, some dwell near the Disaeus. The commonfolk include Humans, normal Fae-like creatures, Arch Disaens (a plant-like people).

Sky Dwellers - Have not been seen since the fall of the Tower and disappearance of the Moon. They were known to have radiant, even toned skin, lush hair and vibrant bodies.

Giant - Celia is the only known giant in Arch Disae to this date.

I have more pictures at home, but unfortunately I am
separated from them at this time. When I get home I may
be able to post the rest, specifically about what
Celia looks like, what an Arch Disaen looks
like, and perhaps other concept art.​
Regions:

The Midgar:

These expansive swaths of land cover that which is known of Arch Disae. The Midgar are where the most habitable land is. Mostly small towns and villages dot the Midgar with its sufficiently arable land and mostly temperatre environment. There are hills, mountains, ponds, creeks, lakes, and one or two cities known cities in the Midgar. They are the only steady kingdoms since the darker parts of the dark ages.

The Dizar:

This region of dry, mostly infertile land is home to an array of inhospitable environtments, weather patterns, creatures, there is rumored to be a serpent that is the “god” of the Dizar, but no one that has gone to it’s abandoned underground temples has ever come back. Dizar isn’t always considered a “major region” of Arch Disae, being as most of it is dispersed within Midgar and can thus be considered part of Midgar, but it is the part that is mostly inhabitable.

The Disaeus:

Ah, the Disaeus, these brambly, sometimes massive vine-like plant structures cover a dense portion of the map. They are a natural wonder to the planet, but no one knows where they came from, how old they are, and what secrets they hide. At night, they softly light up their part of atmosphere with a bioluminescent glow. Mystics and other esoteric wanderers and hermits find their home on it’s edges. There is a river maze that travels through most of it There is also center tree in the nearest Disaus that overshadows Midgar. Common Arch Disaen belief is that the creator sleeps under the tree and that all life came from the Disaeus, and that if one wants to join the afterlife, that they make a pilgrimage through the lakes and mazes of the Disaeus and take a raft to the river that flows under the tree, by doing this it is believed that they find the afterlife.

[parsehtml]

<div style="position:relative;width:267px;height:25px;top:-9999px;overflow:hidden;"> <div style="position:absolute;top:-276px;left:-5px">

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uBtx8j0M21E?autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div></div>[/parsehtml]

Last edited:

Suiko

Lord of Altera

An excerpt from the cataclysm:

"Darius!" the girl cried as her grip on the edge loosened, crates of farm produce barreling over the edge of the sinking glass platform. "It's no use... I'm going to fall." He ran to the edge, the entire platform beneath them shaking. Another house fell off off the edge nearby, falling into the depths of the abyss below. She caught a glimpse of the falling moon, before she closed her eyes.

The giant vines that held the town of Arch Disae woven to the tower were snapping and collapsing. Suspended in the air no longer, it was impossible to see through the darkness below that they were falling into. The flying ships at the port could be seen splintering in half as great rocks from the sky fell onto everything.

Drasica held her dress up as she descended through the cracking stairs. Hopefully the further she traveled down, the safer she would be from the falling moon. Holding her leaf pin close to her chest, she grasped the side railing and felt another jolting crash onto her floating island. It felt as if the island she was on was falling. Was anyone going to survive this disaster?

Last edited:

Suiko

Lord of Altera
-Holding onto her journal, the scholar felt like crying but her body seemed to disconnect itself and not respond to her mental sadness. She decided that, while there was much in her head, writing it down was the best way to let out the sorrow-

Dear Journal,

I am distressed today, and I can not quite put my leaf on it, but something is wrong. I need to write down how I feel, lest I not be able to sleep with all of these thoughts in my head. Hmm.. where to start....

I suppose I should start with the recent failures in school I have been experiencing. I don't know why but I'm buried in classes and I can't seem to keep up. I've recently been very fatigued. Father says to simply lay out in the sun more because my vines need more sunlight. While that may be true, I know there is more to it. I want to break free of this academia. I feel as if I do not belong here. Perhaps it is simply the classes I have elected this term. I have been staying up constantly during the night, until the sunlight comes out and I still am not finished with all the work that is required of me. One of my professors graced me with an extension on two very large assignments over the break, but my home was the last place that I could finish one of them and I failed to complete both of them, resulting in poor grades.

Perhaps I was simply meant to perform music on the streets? It has been a wish of mine for a while to be a street performer. I can always work a day job and then perform at night. The hours that I spend at academia now is so much, I am sure that I will have more time on my hands if I choose an alternate lifestyle. I do not want the life of academia, I do not want it.

I get distracted so easily nowadays. I'm not sure if it's all of the glo-technology around that is emitting "harmless" effects around them. I'm pretty sure that they really are harmful but it just hasn't been studied yet. I want to somehow dropout of society and be alone for a while. I want to make music. I want to not be where I am right now.

Oh Creator Disaeus, if you can hear me; I pray please fix this situation that I am in. Please somehow save me from society. I know I was created for some reason, please let me fulfill that reason. Thank you for your overwatch of my family and I. Forgive me... but sometimes I just feel like I have no purpose and am waiting to join you in the afterlife...

-Celia

Last edited:

Suiko

Lord of Altera
- years later -​
His head resting on the ground. Isz rustled in a light dream. Drifting between half-consciousness and dream, he stirred on the cool rock under his head. The warm sunlight gently caressing his face, he hadn't a single care, and his mind didn't fear or feel pain. Stirring to wakefulness, he decided that it was probably time to get up and eat something. Taking a small biscuit out of his bag, he eat it out of the grogginess of having woken up. Standing up, he realized that the real world would eventually catch up with him, but he didn't want to be afraid any longer.

Suiko

Lord of Altera
The tower is held up by four posts, and the main crossroads of the city run through the narrow, mostly transparent spire. The glass and shiny metallic arching tower is built with slender posts, winding into the sky resembling the way a plant would, but more firm. The glass held is in place by the shiny, white metal curves slightly as it rises. Broad, transparent and sharp leaves rest at the top; four stretch over the entire tower and part of the roads below. There is no entrance to the tower, the only way to enter it is being selected at the Ceremony of the Christening of the Empress every 399 years.

Deldr stands at the center of the crowd surrounding her. Her long, noble white and blue robes swaying in the winds. An expression of acceptance shows on her face as she stands in the glass circle in the center of the streets, directly in the center of the tower. Seconds pass, and a brilliant sheen moonlight beams through the glass orb of the tower directly above, amplifying the light. Sparks like fireflies dance around her as the light starts to take her up into the tower. Her eyes turning a wide, blank white-blue, she appears to faint to the side, but the sparks catch her and lift her up to the glass entrance of the tower. This is expected as the Sleeping Empress will reside over all of the lands.

Knowing her new task, Deldr's tear fell to the ground, it's radiance marking the thirty-second Sleeping Empress of Arch Disae.

-This is an excerpt from a poet's description of the Ceremony of Coronation of the Sleeping Empress-

A light shines upon Deldr, her sides illuminated.
All are crowded around her, but keep their distance
Her body lights up into brilliant shows of blue,
The christening has begun.

The skies, silently peaceful.
The world has prepared for the coronation of it's new sleeping goddess.

Sparks like fireflies dance around her, their new leader.
Taking her up, the tower's light beams down on her platform.
Sparks illuminate the damp darkness.
A light shines upon Deldr, her sides illuminated.
The christening has begun.

Last edited: