Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Arctikf0x Application [Accepted - Cukie1]

Arctikf0x

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?

Arctikf0x

2. How old are you
?

3. What country are you from
?

America

4. Have you read the
King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Yes to first 3, have yet to read the guide.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming
?

Both are basically ignoring the rules of the game to further a goal.

Metagaming: Advanced outside knowledge obtained through outside means.

Powergaming Setting up a RP situation where the prospects are too skewed in one direction like no ability but to take a poison with no cure, etc.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server
?

No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Snerus

8. Tell us about yourself!

I don't have much going on right now to be honest. I live in the sunshine state and since it has been particularly hot I've been staying inside, looking for a good RP server to join. I was in the military and now I do public service, so I'm service oriented. I like sushi. I also like cats, lots of cats.

9. Do you have any examples of your work
?

I am a writer, but I am not confident enough to share. As for building, I am competent in design after playing for 6 years, examples, however, are lacking as I don't display them.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server
?

PlanetMinecraft

About Your Character!

Character Name:

Askr Forest (Arctic Fox)

Character Age
:

Late twenties-early thirties. He has lost count.

Character Race
:

Human

Appearance
:

Brown with flakes of white hair; Blue eyes as the sea set in unevenly tanned skin; six feet two inches of man draped in a worn, brown frock coat with yellow embroidered sections. Being a range user, he wears a pauldron on his left shoulder to protect his arm. The blue stripped pauldron being a memento from his family.

Written Backstory!

“The fog's just burned away. Throw off your bow line; throw off your stern. You head out to South channel, past Kavdu, Blackstone. Past Queensport where I learned my trade as a kid. Throw a wave to kid fishing on the coast of Oren. Then the birds show up: black birds, gulls, those little birds that bounce instead of walk. The sun hits ya' as you call for full canvas. Your crew is busy; you're in charge. Patrol ships drift by without a care in the world.

Ya' know what? You're a merchant, Captain. No other life would taste as sweet.”

-Forest to unnamed firstmate.

Born in a small forest in one of the Alteran holds, Askr Forest left home at an early age after starvation claimed his family. Etching out a living as a beggar, he soon graduated to pickpocket, but when caught and threatened with guard service or to live without hands, he chose the former.

For ten longs years, Forest drifted from hold to hold becoming a guard or trying his hand at private security. Having been forced into guard service, his sense of duty was skewed when it came to smugglers and pirates; a simple look away would only a few pieces of copper. Unless looking away was harder, in which the copper price would turn to gold. At the end of ten years, a smuggler with no name was captured When threatened, he ousted Askr, forcing him to leave the night his fellow guardsman appeared before his door. He fled to the peer, acquired a schooner, and was forced to start over once again.

Like the smugglers and pirates he dealt with, a life on the seas became his trade; making deals and transporting when possible; sneaking needed items past lines when wanted; and keeping quiet about it all as per discretion.

Other shipping captains began to refer to Askr as the Arctic Fox for his navigation of frigged seas and sleek nature coupled with a parasitic ability to survive in the environment. He leapt from ship to ship as the times demanded him change locations; Schooners for shallow waters below high city walls; maneuverable Brigantines for craggy waters; and confiscated galleons for waters with pointed competition.

Having never been one for worshiping deities, he only feigned belief whenever it meant a higher price or a free pass for getting away from prying eyes. That was before a fierce storm bashed his ship against rocks just off of Blackstone, setting him a drift in currents whirling around from the storm that claimed his ship, crew, and cargo.

He now floats, reflecting on his life and his obsession with valuable items. Politics and any other subject left him in want for more. Between jobs, he tried his hand at normal things, but he always gravitated back to what he was good at: Black market deals.

(I understand you don't want major proficiency for characters, so I kept his abilities time-honest and lead him to getting shipwrecked and examining his life.)

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a moment to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
A few things to look over:
-Please review powergaming and metagaming. They're currently a little vague.
- No metal armor. I'll have to ask to remove the pauldron or have it be made of leather.

Arctikf0x

Loyal Servant of Altera
A few things to look over:
-Please review powergaming and metagaming. They're currently a little vague.
- No metal armor. I'll have to ask to remove the pauldron or have it be made of leather.
The pauldron is leather.

I like to be concise over wordy. :p

metagaming: Acts within the game that transcend the rules, like talking to a friend on Discord and discovering information that you would have otherwise not known. Or, in the case of hunger games, having spectators inform you of the enemy locations.

Powergaming: Making an op character to further your own progression. Give powerful traits to someone or if someone has all the right traits for a given situation. Basically creating a mary stu, thus making it less fun for everyone else involved. OR in other cases, insta-killing someone and taking their horse.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guideonce you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.