Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Arrows and Headshots

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
So you're assuming that the opponent has armor, but no helmet.
Highly unlikely, especially if it's obvious there are bowmen in the match.
Oh my goodness I'm talking on experience bro............. I've seen people without helmets. Understand!!!! I'm not assuming anything T-T

All I'm saying is if you have your body covered up don't whine if you get shot in the head. Which someone has every time they done something and it's like okay..... Let me shoot you where it will do nothing and your head is just stickin out there as the only unarmored part of your body.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
So you're assuming that the opponent has armor, but no helmet.
Highly unlikely, especially if it's obvious there are bowmen in the match.
You'd be surprised how many people don't wear helmets.

It's silly, but they don't.

Gotta see the pretty face. I'm not arguing for either side, keep in mind, I just wanted to chime in on the helmets thing.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Aye, but you will still feel the impact.
Someone went to go on a blood rage for a blood god and terrorized a town for no other reason. That person was shot 5 times in the head with /Warbows/. Their brains would be mush, not to mention the concentration of fire would hurt the integrity if the helmet greatly.
But apparently the person wasn't even phased.

Arrows whether stopped by armor or not, the target is going to feel that.

Imagine getting your head throttled by a bigger head bodkin arrow shot at 150 mph in the head 5 times.
You overestimate the power of a bodkin arrow, or a bow for that instance.
If you hit someone in the chest they will for example not even have a bruise, because at the time the arrow might potentially hit a padded cloth the arrow's metal piece is blunted down so much that the plate armor's wearer won't even get a bruise.
I can imagine minor disorientation, but yeah thats about it. A longbow within in its killing zone(=20 meters) can't penetrate a chest piece enough to harm its wearer. In the test it didn't even harm the padded cloth below the chest piece.
Furthermore I don't expect a single person to hit someones head with any arrow 5 times in a row - baron already mentioned some of the reasons earlier, the other one would be that those arrows would likely already stick out of a shield before they get to hit the head.

Have you seen baseball players get hit in the face with only 90 mph baseballs? Yeah they definitely feel that even with their helmets on.
As Gregor already said earlier, a baseball isn't the same as an arrow tip.
First of all, the baseball won't get deformed when hitting the players helmet while the arrow tip most certainly will - that's the point of the plate armor.
Secondly , a baseball is generally a bigger spherical, blunt object while an arrow is a thin pointy object.

Also an English longbow could knock a knight straight off his horse.
As @GregorWaldstein said, I'd also like to see your source for this as it is far more likely that said longbow hit the horse than the Knight. - Its not that easy to throw someone off a horse if they really want to stay on it you know.
Especially not if the Armor had that nice addition between the legs (yeah seriously; haha that thing between the legs haha very funny - some armors had that look it up) you could mount on the saddle.
Next thing is the likelihood of someone even hitting a moving object with a bow as it has a fixed trajectory.
People can avoid getting hit by bullets and paintball bullets (believe me I tried the latter myself and I didn't get hit even though they had OP painball guns that were barely allowed on that field)

but nobody in Altera wears helmets! they're all too much in love with their own handsome faces.

in all seriousness though good post 10/10
Hello, my name is Nobody.
(Kudos to those getting the reference)

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
You overestimate the power of a bodkin arrow, or a bow for that instance.
If you hit someone in the chest they will for example not even have a bruise, because at the time the arrow might potentially hit a padded cloth the arrow's metal piece is blunted down so much that the plate armor's wearer won't even get a bruise.
I can imagine minor disorientation, but yeah thats about it. A longbow within in its killing zone(=20 meters) can't penetrate a chest piece enough to harm its wearer. In the test it didn't even harm the padded cloth below the chest piece.
Furthermore I don't expect a single person to hit someones head with any arrow 5 times in a row - baron already mentioned some of the reasons earlier, the other one would be that those arrows would likely already stick out of a shield before they get to hit the head.

As Gregor already said earlier, a baseball isn't the same as an arrow tip.
First of all, the baseball won't get deformed when hitting the players helmet while the arrow tip most certainly will - that's the point of the plate armor.
Secondly , a baseball is generally a bigger spherical, blunt object while an arrow is a thin pointy object.

As @GregorWaldstein said, I'd also like to see your source for this as it is far more likely that said longbow hit the horse than the Knight. - Its not that easy to throw someone off a horse if they really want to stay on it you know.
Especially not if the Armor had that nice addition between the legs (yeah seriously; haha that thing between the legs haha very funny - some armors had that look it up) you could mount on the saddle.
Next thing is the likelihood of someone even hitting a moving object with a bow as it has a fixed trajectory.
People can avoid getting hit by bullets and paintball bullets (believe me I tried the latter myself and I didn't get hit even though they had OP painball guns that were barely allowed on that field)

Hello, my name is Nobody.
(Kudos to those getting the reference)
About the horse I was talking about the power behind the arrow.

Second of all when we did shoot the person in the head they were very close
And my character and the other character who shot him spends a lot of time training In Archery and that sort of nature.

Your still hit by a projectile in the head at 150mph five times in a row.... That can't be shrugged off

Gregor

Lord of Altera
About the horse I was talking about the power behind the arrow.

Second of all when we did shoot the person in the head they were very close
And my character and the other character who shot him spends a lot of time training In Archery and that sort of nature.

Your still hit by a projectile in the head at 150mph five times in a row.... That can't be shrugged off
You're firing light missiles meant to pierce mail at a round surface.

Give us details on the bow, the draw weight, the arrow used please.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
What he said.
And I want to add that the projectile will no longer have 150mp/h (whatever that is in km/h) when it hits the target.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
More like the forehead, you are still avoiding the questions Gregor has asked though, as well as the fact that flying objects get slower if not under constant acceleration.
Heck even a bullet gets slower meter per meter.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Both of you stop nitpicking. My point is that it's dumb to go for a headshot when a better shot presents itself.