Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

art/suggestion thread (beginner)

thokeca

Villager
Hi there! I'm sort of new to this forum, and I haven't been to active, but I decided to go out on a limb today and ask for some drawing requests.

My art is pretty mediocre in terms of what I can and can't do and I likely won't be able to draw more than one full bodied colored drawing per day due to just how I roll. Here's some examples based on what I'm used to.

lukas my an.png
This is Lukas. You can tell I don't know how to draw clothing folds, hair, or poorly made leather pants.

NEW natsuo.png
This is a different character of mine that is in no way related to this forum at all, but he's an example of my work with no shading.

As you can tell, I make really big canvases and draw in like 50% of it, and I mostly draw 3/4 looking to the same side. Not entirely on purpose, but it happens, I guess.

I want to get some practice in drawing characters of all kinds instead of just the "vaguely muscular tall man with average looks looking 3/4 to the right with a neutral expression" that I'm used to and have both my presented drawings of. I also want to get in some more angles and such.

I also welcome criticism. I know there's stuff off about my art so if you have any suggestions in terms of what I should practice, let me know.

thokeca

Villager
Nice art! If you want and would like, I'd love to have a sketch of Kublai?
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/dworf-king-kharuz-kublai.36213/
It's a short fat Dwarf, might be fun to practice on if you are looking for something different.
And done! I drew him having a nice frothy drink and winking playfully at some passerby, using the shirtless outfit from his skin, despite probably most taverns requesting he would wear a shirt. the drawing of Lukas was done separately from Kublai, which is why he's so much smaller despite being around two feet taller. This was good practice for drawing wrinkles, beards, and braids! I never do those, honestly.
these two fellas.png

this has been a life saver for me for body proportions

View attachment 95816
Thank you for this! It'll definitely be useful in the long run, especially because I tend to make heads too big.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
And done! I drew him having a nice frothy drink and winking playfully at some passerby, using the shirtless outfit from his skin, despite probably most taverns requesting he would wear a shirt. the drawing of Lukas was done separately from Kublai, which is why he's so much smaller despite being around two feet taller. This was good practice for drawing wrinkles, beards, and braids! I never do those, honestly.
View attachment 95818

Thank you for this! It'll definitely be useful in the long run, especially because I tend to make heads too big.
me too. it's always nice for digital art as you can resize sketch stuff before moving on further.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
You totally nailed it you absolute legend!!!
Adding that to the char bio!!