Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

'Ashen Blight'

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
For the past couple of weeks I've been using a forum conversation as people gradually became infected from an unpleasant illness as part of the campaign. I've slowly introduced each phase as several player's have progressed through it, and so now I'm going to post all of it (aside from some bits I've removed for now) so that anyone can work with it if they choose or just for easy access as the campaign progresses. You're free to call it what you like IC, I'd just had my docs named this for a good while.
+ If anyone wishes to be infected I ask that you let me know (Or Niko/Squid/Blarg) - Especially if it's a Phase 4+.
+ If you wish to make your own events with people who have this, send me a convo. : )
+ Reminder that curing/research efforts should be made into a conversation with the team!

[Early Infection]

Phase 1

• Similar to common cold
Phase 2

• Unusually thirsty, harder to stay hydrated
  • Infrequent headaches, and fevers. Body sweats normal.

[Developed Infection]

Phase 3

• Shortness of breath, while running or exercising vigorously
  • Unusually thirsty, harder to stay hydrated
  • Infrequent headaches and fevers, no sweat.
  • Complexion pales
Phase 4

• Shortness of breath, while running or exercising
  • Unnaturally thirsty, easily dehydrated and often finds self craving water
  • Food sometimes disagrees with the person, makes them feel nauseous
  • Headaches and fevers are likely to disturb sleep or daily activities. No sweat.
  • Complexion is still pale, skin grows ashen
  • Veins begin to darken in the face and in the extremities, in contrast to their paling skin.
  • Individual wakes up with the sensation of having strange dreams but they cannot recall what they were.
  • Individual may start to take notice of holes and caverns in their surroundings.
Phase 5

• Shortness of breath, while walking too fast or too vigorously
  • Unnaturally thirsty, easily dehydrated and often finds self craving water
  • Food and non-water drink is at times, difficult to keep down.
  • Headaches disturb sleep most nights, and often affect daily activities. Fevers begin to subside, and no sweating.
  • Light muscle fatigue, muscle mass decreases
  • Complexion becomes sickly pale, skin ashen and often flakes off
  • The person is delirious and reasonably frustrated from lack of sleep and headaches, making them prone to violence.
  • The darkening veins spread to most of the body.
  • Blood vessels in the eyes break, leaving them perpetually bloodshot.
  • Individual wakes up with the sensation of having strange dreams. They can’t recall all the substance of their dreams, but they remember the dream focused on them descending and featured nondescript cryptic imagery.
  • Individual may gradually become fixated on holes and caverns, and is more drawn to the wilderness.

[Terminal Infection]

Phase 6 (Lasts between two days to a week before progressing.)

• Breathing become difficult at times, hard to get a full breath
  • Unquenchable thirst, constant lust for water. If water is not available, they might lust for blood.
  • [redacted]
  • All food and drink is difficult to keep down, eating makes the person nauseous
  • Piercing headaches plague the individual most hours of the day, dissipating infrequently and preventing sleep while rampant. Fevers subside completely, body starts to have trouble staying warm, no sweat.
  • Muscle fatigue sets in; people’s energy is sapped easier from just walking or moving boxes and such. The body pushes out damaging but powerful bursts of energy, leaving the person exhausted afterwards. Muscle mass continues to decrease.
  • Complexion is sickeningly pale, ashen skin often falls from the body, and hair sometimes falls out.
  • Veins continue to darken in the around around the point of infection, spreading over the body, and becoming painful to the touch.
  • The person become deeply delirious and extremely irritable. They are very prone to violence.
  • Their irises darken.
  • Blood vessels in their skin begin to burst as well as generally bursting easily, leading to widespread bruising, especially in the face and most people will likely have bruises around their eyes.
Phase 7 (Lasts between several hours to two days before death, caused by serious organ failure. Progression is nearly inevitable.)

• Breathing is always difficult, for small period of time it becomes impossible
  • Maddening thirst, water is always on the mind. Will drink anything, even if it’s filthy.
  • Can’t keep down any food or drink
  • Headaches cause sharp, writhing pain, and are constant. Body temperature drops, constant shivering, no sweat.
  • Muscle strength is at a minimum, disrupting the person’s ability to walk or even lift up silverware and cups.
  • Complexion is sickeningly pale, ashen skin often falls from the body, and the person is actively losing hair
  • [redacted]
  • All major veins visible from the durmus are black, and minor offshooting veins also become visible. The person is a morbid collection of dark, visible veins, and movement is painful.
  • Interactions with the person are incoherent if they are even managed.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
With the blight mostly gone, for those who catch ashen blight; which phase is the worst of it?