Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Asher's Application (2.0) [Approved - Bartooliinii]

Asher

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hi HollowWorld, see I already did this like forever ago. But I didn’t get whitelisted, when I did find that out, my account was broken so I had to redo everything! :D

1. UnitedKibbles
  2. 17
  3. Canada
  4. Yes
  5. Metagaming is when yourself in real life learns something that is going to or has happened in RP, but your character in-game doesn't know and you act upon it. An example is when you learn of an attack on your town through a chat with someone in real life, and say that there will be an attack in the game. Powergaming is when your character controls another action in the RP or that they have to win every single battle, and/or escape with no wounds.
  6. No
  7. Wandering Ranger (Wanderer_Joe)
  8. I literally always listen to music, I specifically like everything so like, I don’t have a preference. Currently though I'm really loving listening to Billie Eilish. One of my favorite things is to write and role play, I’ve been doing role playing for around three years but have been writing since I was really young. I write on the Wattpad’s and have a story I’m almost done, I’m also making an actual story that I plan to publish! I’m one of the girls who likes to play Destiny, Fortnite and those type of shooter games and I’m actually not terrible at them. I specifically like games that can let me do my own storytelling and role playing.
  9. Well I do, but don't want to share it at the moment, hope that's alright!
  10. Galaxy (GalaxyCrazyWolf)

Character Name: Aryn

Character Race: Forest Elf

Appearance: she has long light brown hair, sometimes decorating it with random things she likes. Her skin is fairly tanned while her eyes are a tone of light green. She casually wears a short dress with the top half being off the shoulder and dyed a green cotton. Brown leather makes up the bottom half of her dress.

Written Test:
Word Count: 766

There were about eight figures sitting around a fire, the light reflected off of their content faces. It wasn't hard to discover that they were Forest Elves and that they were telling past stories. Aryn almost choked on her food from laughing, after hearing one of her friends tell of his hilarious first time hunting a deer. She covered her mouth, nearly doubling over in an attempt to contain her boisterous laugh. To herself, she was happy to have such good friends, they were quite the close-knit group.

“So what about you Aryn?” She raised her head abruptly, startled by her name being called. She straightened her back and tucked a stray strand of her brunette hair behind her ear, to hide her embarrassment as she didn't know what she was being asked.

“About what?” She flashed a soft smile, hoping she didn't seem annoying to them from not knowing what they meant.

“Well, what happened your first time hunting!” One of her other friends chimed in, a wide and goofy smile spread on their face.

“Oh!” Aryn said with a chuckle, she’d shrug. “It’s not that funny per se but I did catch a rabbit the first time I went out.” She admitted, not missing at least one jaw open.

A girl with brown hair laughed, “if only! It took me like ages to catch something.”

“Tell us how it happened.” Encouraged the same girl that first asked Aryn.

She paused then would nod, beginning to tell of that time that occurred years back.

The setting sun had set a golden hue across the crowded woodlands. Accentuating nicely to the trees already orange, yellow, and red leaves that signify a change of seasons. It was a little chilly out that evening, and it was shown by a small group of Forest Elves. They wore more leather and animal skins or furs than they usually would, to prevent getting too cold from the crisp Autumn air.

One of the youngest Elves in the group was a quick and light-footed girl, the age of thirteen. Her eyes narrowed like a cat as they would flick back and forth, they searched for any sign of prey. A sea of apprehension had filled Aryn’s stomach, this would be her very first hunt. Where her skills seemed fit enough that she may catch something, so she along with some others were brought out to the forest.

She had a strong desire to bring back an animal to her grove, to see the proud face of her mother and her little brother's eyes that would be wide with excitement. Aryn smiled, feeling courage build in her chest. She remembered how her little brother Farren was always so encouraging to her, especially when she doubted her skills. I will catch something. She confidently told herself, and she believed it to be true.

The group split off into three smaller ones, the experienced hunters and huntresses accompanied the ones that were learning. Aryn and another boy had two that trailed them, watching to see if the young hunters could catch something.

There. Aryn looked over her shoulder and to the left due to her ear catching a sound. It could've been a gust of wind that shook the trees or another hunter, but something in her gut told her the opposite. It had to have been something. So Aryn went that direction, being careful to watch her footing, she couldn't allow something as simple as her footing to scare away prey.

She crouched down, leaning her head forward slightly. For a moment she thought it was a log then it moved, a rabbit. Her heart pace suddenly picked up, her apprehension began to bubble up from her stomach to her chest. Aryn had her wooden bow in hand, feeling its smooth surface as she grabbed an arrow.

She was thankful that her lessons weren't holding her back now as she tried to aim. Wait for it to stop. She said to herself. To eat. It seemed that Aryn was crouching in a pile of leaves and bushes for hours as she waited for her chance. Then she saw it.

One moment the rabbit was alive and grazing and Aryn had an arrow in her bow, the next the arrow was gone and a rabbit had fallen. The arrow sticking up from its side. Before she could smile Aryn whispered, "Thank you, Theodora, for helping me catch this. It will go to my family." She then looked to the sky between the leaves, and at the warm sun, releasing a bright and grateful grin.

Attachments

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hey! Nice story you wrote :) I can tell you're passionate about RP!
One small thing; You got powergaming almost right. I'd say it's getting away without wounds, in the case you'd logically would've gotten a wound. It's okay to get out of a fight unharmed, if that fight went that way. But it's just a small nuance...
So without further ado:

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Asher

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hey! Nice story you wrote :) I can tell you're passionate about RP!
One small thing; You got powergaming almost right. I'd say it's getting away without wounds, in the case you'd logically would've gotten a wound. It's okay to get out of a fight unharmed, if that fight went that way. But it's just a small nuance...
So without further ado:

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.
THANK YOU SO MUCH IM SHOOK YOU REPLIED THIS QUICK XD