Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

AshTheWitch’s Re-Application [Approved - Niko]

AshTheWitch

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
AshTheWitch5338
2. How old are you?
I am 14
3. What country are you from?
South Africa
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yessum! I have indeed.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming is when a
character does something and succeeds no matter what, making it not fun and basically cheating. Like being in a god mode. and not going with RP and lore insufficient actions like being the Wizard of OZ. -read from another mentor description and understand now. metagaming is knowing information that's out of RP and allowing your character to use it and/or specifically know about it.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
From what I’ve read, you have said that if you are uncertain, ask a staff member, but otherwise, no.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Tiberione (as far as I’m concerned)
. Tell us about yourself!
I really enjoy reading and listen to soft, gentle songs, focusing more on the words than the tune ^~^. My favrouite hobby would be singing, I feel so alive when I let out melodies. I have 5 cats and 1 dog, to which I love all, and I guess my favrouite game is role playing with friends!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I enjoy writing, drawing and thinking of musical tunes. I do not want to show any builds yet (I’m still a bit shy) but I won’t mind posting a small poem or song I have written.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I wanted to see if there were anymore fantasy Roleplay servers, and I stumbled across this website.
About Your Character!
Name: Ash
Nickname/Alias: None
Race: Human
Height: Average
Weight: Thin
Hair: Silky Black
Eyes: hazel
Skin: pale skin
Identifying Marks: Tattoo on right shoulder of the moon and a splash of the night sky
Appearance: Wears dark red cloak, normally has hoodie up, boots and a feather pinned in her hair
Strengths: Can wriggle her way out of almost every situation using conversation.
Weaknesses and fears: The fear of being burned alive, and loosing a close friend. Her weakness is her temper, it usually gets her into trouble and difficult situations.
Religion and cults: None (yet)
Profession: Potion seller
Gear: bow; 25 arrows; some bread and water (natural essentials);empty satchel;10 torches; journal; small golden ring from her mother

Written Test:

To her knowledge, Ash has had a normal life, since she was a toddler, she has lived with her mother on the outskirts of the town. She has never met her father, and never will. Her mother told her that he left on a journey oversea and never returned, she said he was lost in the ocean waves. Ash’s mother had a love for potions and spells, even though most of the ones she tried never worked. Regardless, she taught Ash all her knowledge on potions. Ash claims to know almost every common potion, and even a few that are uncommon, except only a third of her knowledge is real. Her dream is to one day learn real magic, and, as she said when she was 5 years old- “Save the world!” Ash is now since matured and 21 years of age. She now cares for her old mother, going to town every day for supplies, and sometimes read to the children by the town square. She trades things she finds by the forest, (mushrooms, plants, ect) for food, barely stabilizing herself and her mother. Even at her busiest, she is willing to stop and listen to your problem. Ash can be a hothead, just like her father. At least it’s what her mother says. She can be very gentle and quiet, becoming a motherly figure towards children. Ash one day wants to have a child of her own. But this was long ago. Her mother passed away a few months back, and Ash has been unable to scavenge and hunt, and can only grieve and mope. Right now, she is trying to focus on food and water. She plans on moving to another part of the island, with a bigger house and a larger farm, since her mother’s has since wiltered and died. Ash tries to spend most of her hours looking after the children playing in the streets. She wants nothing more than a child of her own. Slowly she has started gathering from the forest again, and has come into the town a few times with a rabbit hide or chicken bones. Her mother had taught her a little on hunting, so she could at least catch small prey. Ash thinks her best weapon is a bow, but sword also works if it must. Ash plans on leaving this island, and seeks to maybe.....just maybe, find the only relative out there, that’s maybe still alive: her father. She is quiet and reserved, unless she trusts you, then she will reveal a whole different person. (Not really but XD)

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to make this application to Hollowworld. before we continue there are a few issues we need to address.

- Your applications appears to lack a definition for metagaming. If you are having trouble with coming up with one I suggest reading one of the helpful starter guides we have posted for examples.

- Tiberione is not a mentor but a staff member. You can see whether someone is a mentor of a staff member by the placement of these trendy banners beneath our usernames.

- Your character cannot start off with advanced skills this includes knowing a large amount of alchemical potions and magic. In terms of alchemy it is possible to start off knowing 1 or 2 basic potions in backstory. In terms of magic, it is impossible for characters to learn about magic through backstory. Magic on Hollowworld is restricted in order to prevent abuse in terms of powergaming and thus can only be learned with instructor's approval.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to make this application and I look forward to reading it once again.

AshTheWitch

Villager
Right, of course, thank you for letting me know. I really appreciate the patience and kindness. It means a lot.
- You, are a mentor (and a very patient one!)
-Ash does only know 1-2 potions, that actually work. Everything else she knows is unable to work (not real basically)
-I will most certainly look again for Metagaming, and give the definition once I find it.
Thank you again for your kindness and answering my application.

AshTheWitch

Villager
metagaming is knowing information that's out of RP and allowing your character to use it and/or specifically know about it. if I ever become approved, I’m so looking forward/exited to venture into a whole different world!

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Thank you for your replies, but I need you to put these edits into the application itself. To edit threads, look for the "Edit" button on the bottom left hand corner of a post you wrote.

AshTheWitch

Villager
I appreciate the patience. Thank you so much for your kindness and being gentle with me. I have yogi get and hope everything’s in order. Now all I have to do is wait. Thanks again :heart:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
ignis_clap_by_cukie1-da5rcqb.gif
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.