Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Astrakhan Character Adoption Thread!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend

Take a Character! Any Character!
Ever since I started the Asrakosian culture, I realized that people might have difficulties getting started in creating a character for the culture. I also thought it would be fun to set up a few characters for the region in general, just to get my writing juices flowing. So, I decided to make another adoption thread, with characters that might be refugees, natives (Asrakosian or not, but likely Asrakosian), or what have you; each character would be barebones in terms of description and personality, and all one would need to do is to contact me (Via Discord or forum PM) and inform me that you wish to take them. Obviously you aren't restricted from playing a character that's only from this list; but if you don't want to take the time to make a baseline for a character, this thread might help! Once you take them, they're yours forever- feel free to flesh them out/change basic details however you wish! So, here goes!
For Asrakosian characters, I would suggest giving this thread a quick read, just a quick one. For general information on Astrakhan's climate and sights, I suggest reading MelodyComplex 's gorgeous thread here.
Character List

1. Valentina Lepida Fufia- TAKEN by Rujala

Basic Physical Description: Human. 5'9 feet tall, Blonde hair, blue-grey eyes, heavily freckled. Athletic build. In her early 20's.

General Backstory: Daughter to a strict, religious family whose conservative father disapproves of her choice of career. Asrakosian, citizen.

Career and Personality: A new recruit in the Legion. Stern and no-nonsense when around her fellow soldiers, but also known to be a massive dork for history. Affinity for rabbits.
  2. Caius "Parvus" Piso

Basic Physical Description: Halfling. 3'4 feet tall. Brown hair, brown eyes, tan. In his teens.

General Backstory: Eldest brother to an infant brother and sister. Family of farmers. Asrakosian, citizen.

Career and Personality: Aspiring vintner, currently a shepherd for the Astrakhan animal pens. Impulsive and clumsy, but has a good sense of determination.

3. Regin Manno

Basic Physical Description: Forest Elf, 6' feet tall. Fair complexion, black hair. Around his 50's.

General Backstory: Refugee from the Valerean countryside after the city was taken by Albion. Single dad to a rambunctious toddler. Citizen.

Career and Personality: Stonemason. Protective of his child. While seemingly cold and quiet, he is actually mute- which has been a problem when it comes to teaching his daughter how to vocalize. Often shows his friendly intentions through silent acts of kindness.

4. Melita Livia

Basic Physical Description: Dwarf. 4'4 feet tall. Curly brown hair. Stocky, muscular build. Around her 20's.

General Backstory: Born on the road. Most of her childhood revolves around her family travelling place to place, meeting up with fellow countrymen. Asrakosian, citizen.

Career and Personality: Spice merchant. Melita is a silver-tongued woman with a keen sense of business acumen. She's a bit spoiled and callous due to the level of privilege that she grew up in. While not outright cruel, she enjoys toying with people she considers lower than her.
5. Berenika Laurentina Agrippina
Basic Physical Description: Human. 5’10, with black hair swept up into a ponytail. Mesomorphic build. Mid thirties.
General Backstory: Berenika is unhappily married to a boorish Centurion named Flaviana. The captain keeps her locked up inside all day and forbids her from pursuing anything other than generic housebound duties. Asrakosian, citizen, noblewoman.
Career and Personality: Unemployed, aspiring writer and adventurer. Berenika is immensely sarcastic though she has an overarching sense of naïveté about the outside world.
6. Flaviana Mirta
Basic Physical Description: Greathorn caparii, 5’10, auburn hair. Muscular. Brown eyes. Mid thirties.
General Backstory: The wife of Berenika, Flaviana was born into a military family where she learned how to use the blade before the toilet. Her life was rough and had little room for parental affections. Asrakosian, citizen.
Career and Personality: A centurion in the Legion, Flaviana is no stranger to dirty jokes, intense drinking, and long bouts of being away from home. She is a rough-and-tumble woman who enjoys the rigors of battle and combat. Due to her job and her experience in the military, she has a tendency to inadvertently mistreat others; barking orders, insulting them when they’re not fulfilling an expectation, etc.
7. Ottavio Panos
Basic Physical Description: A heavyset (dad-bod) human with greying, black hair. Stands at around 5’8. In his fifties.
General Backstory: Ottavio has lived in Astrakhan only for a few years of his life, and spent most of his days in the town of Asrakos, before the civil war. He is a bachelor, and very much a man of labor. Brother to Flavius Panos. Asrakosian, citizen.
Career and Personality: Butcher. Ottavio is someone who has his heart on his sleeve. He loves his job, though he wishes he had someone to share his livelihood with. Ottavio is a pacifist, who prefers to use jokes, wise advice and metaphors to defuse tense situations.
8. Joris Aart
Basic Physical Description: A lanky human with thick, short, mahogany hair and a round head. Green eyes. 6 feet tall.
General Backstory: Joris originally came from Storm’s Landing, however since the Plague and he ensuing riots destroyed his home, he had been forced to find refuge in Astrakhan. Refugee.
Career and Personality: Currently working as a fisherman. Joris is a solemn man who typically finds solace in fishing or lobster-hunting. He can be difficult to talk to: usually walking away. It is known, however, that he can be coaxed into conversation with a sweet roll or two. Seems to be traumatized by the loss of his home.

Last edited: