Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Attention Writers!

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Welcome to the Writers Club, anyone is welcome to join and this is how it works:

Someone gives a concept, and others can write based on that concept, giving their own twist/view on the idea.

Not sure if there's anything else to say! xD If no one has any current concepts to post about, I can dig up a few.

Currently, you can post threads with Prefix's of "Story" or "Concept". So I hope this will make things easier.

Template:

Genre: (Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-fi, Supernatural... can't think of more)

Summary: (A layout of what the world is about, whether its hostile, has a set history or specific rules. Basic things that anyone in the world would know.)

Places of Interest
Buildings or cities that have a heavy influence on the story.. or are just cool

Items of Interest
Any items that need to exist in the world, unique items to the world pretty much

Residents
Says all, but this includes cities, describing their population and what they're generally like, to give an idea of the world.

Other
Any other things that don't fit with the rest of the sections, main evil maybe?

LadyMara

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hmm.. Sounds interesting!
So someone will post an idea, a quote or something like that and other write a story around it?

LadyMara

Loyal Servant of Altera
Eh, I guessed the meaning was that someone gives a concept and the others write a short story with the concept?

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
A man and his cat go on an adventure to the milk store. Go! :D?
Okay, seems legit.

"Meow."
"Shush now, Peter Johnson, we're nearly at the milk store."
Jeff and his cat Peter Johnson were going to the milk store. Peter Johnson does not like milk.
"We are finally here! Hooray!" Yells Jeff.
They buy >9000 bottles of milk, and leave

THE END

Anithola

Lord of Altera
So.. kind of like a school task? You get a concept/kickstart/information and you are supposed to write a story around it? :3

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
By concept, do you mean an effective explanation of the setting, time, and genre, or more like a stimulus to work from, like a picture, video, song or quote?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
By concept, do you mean an effective explanation of the setting, time, and genre, or more like a stimulus to work from, like a picture, video, song or quote?
Yeah, like that :D

I mean.. I don't want it to seem like schoolwork or a test xD. I figured it'd be a fun way to share ideas and get ideas to write.

Edit: If anything, I just love coming up with ideas, but I never write them, feels like a waste. So if anything, at least I can share em here :D

Miner

Lord of Altera
Okay, seems legit.

"Meow."
"Shush now, Peter Johnson, we're nearly at the milk store."
Jeff and his cat Peter Johnson were going to the milk store. Peter Johnson does not like milk.
"We are finally here! Hooray!" Yells Jeff.
They buy >9000 bottles of milk, and leave

THE END
I love you... :heart:

LadyMara

Loyal Servant of Altera
A short question, how long is a story approximately? Is it a short story, a novel with a few chapters or longer? I wanted to start on a story, but I need a rough guideline to keep hold of my fantasy.