Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished {August 23rd, 3:30 PM CST, Violent} Astrakhan Enters The Fray

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
B522ECB6-363A-4336-A0FB-83D975426E33.jpeg

Upon hearing that the outbreak has landed in Linlea, the Basileos of Astrakhan, Theodosius, has decided to rally his best soldiers and anyone else willing to join him in an expedition to Linlea. There, they hope to alleviate the situation with some stocks of food and medical supplies. Infected birds are apparently aware of their march north, and it is likely they will be assaulted en route. The caravan does not know of the spies in the sky, but they do expect stiff resistance from the infected once they reach Linlea.

OOC: This Event is going to be hosted by Elz as a part of the Forlorn campaign. Mains are encouraged to come, though I assume temps are allowed if your main can’t make it. In the event of temps, I would suggest going as a legionary (I have skins!), but again, that’s not required. Mercenaries would likely have been hired to bolster their numbers, so that’s another suggestion for temps.

MelodyMusica

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Blorb can you bump this back by like...thirty minutes so I can actually make it? I get out of school at 3 CST.

I'll be joining as Vi

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Unfortunately I have to push this big boi back to Thursday, the time will remain the same.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Can I get a rollcall of who intends on going to this and as who- especially if they’re bringing extra supplies.

MelodyMusica

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
...crap. Pushing it back to Thursday may make it so I can't be there. I've got band uniform fitting at that time

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Sounds like fun. Assuming I am awake, I would happy to temp as one of Theos legionnaires.

I'd have to leave in 2 and a half hours (6 CST) from when it starts though.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Sounds like fun. Assuming I am awake, I would happy to temp as one of Theos legionnaires.

I'd have to leave in 2 and a half hours (6 CST) from when it starts though.
That should be enough time. I’ll send you a skin tomorrow :)

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
https://www.minecraftskins.com/858947/TheArena/

Here are the really old skins I used to use that somewhat match our colors. Our current versions are being recolored to match our banner
atm. Use the blue ones if you’re temping as a legionary. The open-faced version is for footsoldiers, the closed faced ones are either bodyguards or catpahracts. Armor is often lamellar/brigandine/coat of plates over mail/scale with pteruges/Mail warskirt. Helmets are either intercisa helmets w/ a mail coif, kettle helmets, barbutes, or skullcaps, generally with open faced (or with eye-holes in the case of the lancers and bodyguards) mail aventails. Pauldrons, gauntlets, greaves/chausses, and vambraces.

- Footsoldiers generally use spears, flattop kite shields, maces, swords, javelins and composite bows/crossbows

- Bodyguards generally use polearms like axes, halberds or rhomphaia, though it’s not exclusive to this.

-Lancers/Cataphracts use shields, swords, maces, lances, and bows. Armored horses.

Of course these are just generalities; idrc what you use, just giving a run down of equipment and stuff. I can provide some props if needed, though not horses.

Last edited:

MelodyMusica

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Just a note for everyone else but Blorb (cause I've told him multiple times) your lovely battlefield Medic and Crossbow toating Halfling will be running a bit late as IRL event conflicts with event time change. Should hopefully only be 15 minutes late give or take.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
The day of the expedition has come. Theodosius and his men have begun to load up the wagons of supplies, securing cart flaps and doors. Only the fastest of workhorses and oxen are chosen to be linked to the carts; it seems speed is the watchword of the day.
Idle soldiers nervously sharpen and clean their weapons, while yet others give grim farewells to their loved ones. A few priests- mostly devotees to Crusade, Ignis, and Shalherana- bless the contingent; “May you bear this aid to the people of Linlea with all due haste, propagated and protected by Crusade. May you bring this plague to justice should it face you, as representatives of Ignis, the Goddess of Justice. May the blessed creations of Shalherana; mankind, the elves, and all other beings, prevail against the Ashen Blight this day..”

OOC: This is today! Come as your main, if possible! If you can’t, come as a temp soldier, mercenary, random guy, whatever! Remember, we’ll need everyone we can get our hands on, otherwise Linlea and (subsequently the effort to synthesize a cure) is going to suffer!!