Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[August 27th] Battle for the Bastion Stones

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
The Shoreless Gulf has spoken, and the fears of so many have been confirmed. To do nothing is to await our doom, for no wall, no army, and no ocean can stand before the dead.

If we are to endure, the wards, those ancient protections which guarded generations from the terrors beyond, must be restored. Yet to do so, a few brave souls must first return to the land we have lost and retrieve the final Bastion Stones.

And now, the time and tides are right.

Altera’s defenders have begun to gather at the same edge of the moor where the Shoreless Gulf is waiting to grant passage. Join them if you will, but beware - for only those willing to fight and die in this quest will enter it prepared for what they must face.

OOC Information: This event will be split into two parts over two days, namely 'there' and 'back again'. The first part will involve reaching the old map (this won't be a fully fledged sailing event, just transport) and entering the third Bastion. The second part will involve the fourth and final Bastion and, if y'all aren't dead yet, returning to the new map.

As with the previous event, attendance is not mandatory in the first part to participate in the second. You may hop in on either or both days. Again, teleports will be given to the starting point of each event shortly before it begins.

Participants are reminded the Bastion events are not tea parties, so remember to expect considerable danger.

THE THIRD BASTION
Saturday, 27th August
14:00pm PST
17:00pm EST
22:00pm BST

THE FINAL BASTION

Sunday, 28th August
14:00pm PST
17:00pm EST
22:00pm BST

Note from Cherry: This may well be the shortest notice we've given for an event in the history of short-notice events... However, in my experience, we often have last minute appearances and disappearance anyway from people who thought they couldn't or thought they could come who are unexpectedly proven wrong. However, an apology is warranted regardless, so I apologise - my attempt at scheduling this one was rather spectacularly and unexpectedly botched.

The reason this thread is so late is that my mum's younger brother died earlier in the week and it was expected that we would have a funeral to attend in Leeds at some point this weekend. As a result, I didn't know whether or not I'd be around today or tomorrow to oversee either event, so we didn't know whether we might have to postpone. Now I have a date for the funeral (Monday), we've been able to make plans. Though I'll be travelling tomorrow night, I'll still be tackling tonight's event as planned, and another staff member will be overseeing tomorrow night's pending their confirmation.

Thanks to all for your patience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Let's say one cannot make the first event but would ICly come. Does that bar one from participating in the second event?

Ratchat620

Lord of Altera
Let's say one cannot make the first event but would ICly come. Does that bar one from participating in the second event?
As with the previous event, attendance is not mandatory in the first part to participate in the second. You may hop in on either or both days. Again, teleports will be given to the starting point of each event shortly before it begins.
That the answer you're looking for?

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
I just want to say thank you for still making all of these wonderful events despite the serious things happening to you IRL, I appreciate it, and im sure the rest of the server does as well. :heart:

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Well computer is being derpy. Hopefully I can get it working for tommorow.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Final bastion is now confirmed for today! I'll be offering for those who wish to join but were not here yesterday a way to join 30 minutes before the official event, at the same area as yesterday. (North of anhald camp i believe.)
Note this is a violent event and there is certainly a risk of death.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
You can bring a second character if they get to the same location the first ship left from yesterday, north of anhald camp somewhere, 30 mins before main event.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
You can bring a second character if they get to the same location the first ship left from yesterday, north of anhald camp somewhere, 30 mins before main event.
Just making sure, ma'am. Thank you.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
As of right now, I lack a place to give you guys any kind of detailed review, but I want to post something somewhere, so I'm putting it here for now. Please let me know if you'd like me to put a full one somewhere else, or add more detail, or ETC, but I'm just going to lead with what I want to say most.

In my strict and admittedly uncompromising opinion, you guys did the finale /absolutely/ perfectly, and it ranks among one of the best experiences I have ever had on the server.

You should be proud of how you planned it, arranged it, and executed it. Period.

What I have always wanted was that /satisfying/ end I knew was there.

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
This is 100% the coolest thing ive done on the server, I never thought id be freaking freeing a dragon or something. The event was amazing, the builds where all amazing. Thank you staff :heart:

Ratchat620

Lord of Altera
You guys kidding me? The most interesting part of the first part were a bunch of trees trying to choke people (Not implying I didn't enjoy that ;)) and it took like 3 hours to get there so I thought I might as well sit out for the second part...and then of course you free a dragon? That sounds awesome!

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
drake didn't get to fight a drake :(

Yeah, while the first dungeon was ok, this one blew me out of the water - I didn't get the full experience, mind, because I was afk until about half way through, but what I did do was immensely entertaining.