Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Azarias45's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Jackjack455

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Azarias45

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America, Washington State.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is outside knowledge or previously gained knowledge within a gaming universe such as Altera and using that for personal gain. Powergaming is forcing people to do things and making your character do the impossible.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, that is very frowned upon.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
What's up?!? So, I've been on this server before but due to school and not being on for a long time I have to reapply for the whitelist, which I'm glad to do. I've recently just gotten into college and since summer is starting I decided to go back to my roleplaying days. I'm excited to see how the server has grown and I'm hoping to fit right in with any new players.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Nothing!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Found this server a long while ago and have recently just gotten back.

Character Name:
Damon "Thrice-Damned" Azarias

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/damon-thrice-damned-azarias-the-ripper.31791/ (I realize that since I am a returning player that my roleplaying character has not progressed in any way whatsoever. It's like he's been in cryogenic sleep ever since I left).

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
"Craziest man I've ever met, I'll tell ya that. He never gave a crap about anything, I once heard he angered Ignis himself. I remember the Inquisition that followed Ignis' ways were always on the hunt for Damon. They're the ones that even gave the man his nickname. "Thrice-Damned." Wanna know why they call him that? They were surprised that he came back to life after they cut his head off the third time. Anyhow, I'm done talking about him, it gives me the creeps, he's just a dead man walking." -Former Marrian Soldier

*Damon laughed as he slammed his pint of ale down.*
Damon: So, you're telling me you've never 'eard of me before?!

Bar Girl: No, never heard of you once in my entire life. And you're drunk.
Damon: I'm not drunk, darling. I'm just wondering how you've never heard of me before.
Bar Girl: Well, it shouldn't be that surprising. People don't usually tell high tales of people that can't even hold their pint without spilling it.
*Damon had drunkenly spilled ale all down his mouth and shirt, leaving him wet.*
Damon: I have no idea what you're talking about. But we should get out of here, right? *Winks* Like, go to a room.

*The Bar Girl stood and sent a swift smack to the side of Damon's face*
*Damon would hold his stomach and spill the rest of his ale all over the floor as he can't help but laugh*

*Damon awoke from his slumber, his head aching as he pulls his hand up and runs his fingers through his jade black hair.*
"God... my head. Really good night Damon, really good night."
*He'd laugh to himself under his breath, realizing that one underdressed woman was lying by his hip with her arms around his waist and her legs around his, and another underdressed woman that had rolled onto the floor.*
"Wake up, sweets. Yeah, get up *Damon would unhinge the woman's hands around his waist and push them off him. The woman would yawn as she awoke not saying a word but just smiling* Time for me to go girly."
*Damon would get up turning his back towards the woman on the bed, the woman on the floor laid sound asleep.*
"Good morning ain't it? Thanks for dressing up for me." *Damon would turn his head slightly, winking at the woman as her eyes met his, the woman's cheek grew red as she laughed and then slowly stopped as her eyes traced Damon's back and the whip scars that canvased it.*

"You know, I wish you'd tell me how you got those, Damon."
"Trust me, sweets. You don't ever wanna know."
"Why?" *Her voice raised as she eagerly awaited an answer*
"I'll tell you one thing."
*The woman's eyes would light up as she put both her hands under her chin and propped her elbows up on the bed*
"My ex-military general once said 'Better to walk away with your pride hurt a little than to never walk away at all.'"
"Okay... That's real helpful Damon, hell, that has nothing to do with your scars."
*Damon would have finished getting dressed in his white tunic and leather coat, he'd turn just as he flapped his coat on, smiling at her as he does."
"I have never once heeded my general's advice."

*Her cheeks would grow red as she nodded*
"Ahh... I see. You're one insane man. You know that Damon Azarias?"

*Damon would wink at the woman as he walked towards the door* "I know. Thanks for reminding me." *He'd slam the door shut and who knows if she'd ever see that Damon again. Just as the door slammed the woman lying on the floor jumped awake not even realizing what had just happened*

"Damon isn't a man you ever want to cross. He'll never be one to back down from a fight. Not much is really known about him besides that he's a drunk and likes to fight. But I've heard different stories, stories of him being thrown onto deserted islands and him swimming back to the mainland, stories of Visage himself carrying Damon under his claws and breathing his holy fire all over him until his screams were no longer heard, stories of him surviving Ignis' wrath after he had blasphemed against his people, stories of him even... dying. Funny thing is, aye? He doesn't even know about half the times he's died. He's been hunted and probably is still being hunted and no matter how many times they hang him, decapitate him, or burn him, he will always be back." -Bard and Storyteller

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.