Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Back to Class!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
*You travel from your home-town to Stormhold via Port Silver and keep on finding notes in every town.* They say:

"From this day, I, Rahm Kennys, will be providing classes for all who are interested.
The course is called 'Environmental Sciences' and will be all about the newest views on our surroundings.
The course is build up in 5 classes, each taking place on different dates.
*You find the course-guide attached to the leaflet.*​
Class 1: The world, looking beyond our life-time.
In this class we will be looking at Altera from an entirely different perspective. Things we cannot understand without thinking outside of the box. We will start with analyzing the landscape by answering questions. How come that a watermill is now situated in a forest instead of near the water? or why is there a path of gravel running through a desert? This class will include an excursion.​
Class 2: Altera in five spheres, why does the environment act like it does?
In this class we will look at the elements in our world. Has anyone ever thought of why fire moves upwards and rains falls downwards? Why do the elements act like they do and why would we take these things for granted? We will start with defining the spheres, starting at the center and ending at the last sphere, in which the moon orbits. In the end, we will talk about the fifth sphere, which is the sphere of Corruption. This class includes practical examples.​
Class 3: Space and Place, a crucial difference.
In this class I will show the contrast between the words place and space. This class is more theoretical. We will define space as being objective, a container in which we reside and perform our actions. Then we will define place in three different levels.​
Class 4: Substance, matter and form.
In this class we will find out more about our physical environment. We will start to discuss substance as being a combination of both matter and form. Matter being what the thing is made of and form being everything that we define as that thing. This class will also include an excursion.​
Class 5: Potentiality and actuality, the potential and end of a thing.
In this class we will find out more about our immaterial environment. To understand why our environment and the living things in the Altera behave and what they can achieve, we need to understand the (potential) actualities of these things. We will use this knowledge to both analyze and alter our environment by keeping both potentiality and actuality in mind.​
OOC:​
My character is based on Aristotle, so the things that Rahm Kennys will explain are mainly Aristotle's works, but altered into an Alteran perspective. Some information is what I have learned myself while studying environmental science at the university in Wageningen. I will alter some knowledge about nowadays subjects into medieval knowledge, so that we do not run ahead of time.​
To give a short description on what this course is about:​
The course environmental science will be about the environment. Things taught in this course will also be applicable in real life and will open your eyes to a new way of looking at the landscape. (I'm a landscape architect student). There will also be things taught that can only be used in-game. We will discuss questions like, why are rivers where they are? Do they flow forever? What is the connection between land and the ocean? Why does the rain fall down and fire move up? How is it possible that sometimes a seed becomes a plant and other time it doesn't? What do we define as a place and what is a place?​
Everyone will get a vanilla-book each class, so afterwards you can always read on what you've learned! Do you wish to participate? Then just reply in the comments below and I will start a conversation with all who are interested to find a date that suits most of us best.​
wise man.jpg
^That's me during a landscape-architecture excursion, in Madrid^​
xD​

Menel

Carpet Monkey
Aristotle! now i just want to participate to have a look how you present my favorite person from the acient times ;-) (i studied him too but only his books about morals =) )
but it won't suit my character at all =( damn. Lett me have a look if i can get one of menels grandchildren to join and then i will look over them xD

*looks at cool and rox*
bad people! no annoying the teacher or you guys will have to stay for detention!

Minty

Lord of Altera
AshenWanderer
AshenWanderer
May have to send a character to this class, how long until you are going to start teaching the classes?

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Heresy! Send the inquisition, we will burn sorcerors and witches tonight!

They must not discover the real shape of the world!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
It'd cost a fortune make that many leaflets with that much substance pre-printing press.

Town criers yo!

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Mememememememe.

I are intrest.

-K9

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Too cool for school~(On a serious note, my new character -is- gonna be somewhat of a scholar(though, he wishes to really just write his own books), so, he might be joining in~)