Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

bagelseed's whitelist application [Accepted - Jinny]

bagelseed

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
bagelseed
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
USA
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes!
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information beyond your in game character's knowledge to better yourself or others around you. It can come from multiple sources, for instance, say you just learned through discord that Gaathar, the troll king, has just made plans to invade your kingdom. Using this new found knowledge, you plan a counter attack and defeat him. This is wrong because your source didn't come from in game, but from a random from the general chat.
Power gaming is fighting or talking in a way that gives your opponent no room for action. For example, say I am fighting my arch nemesis - Captain Doodly. I walk up to him and emote *Thomas swings at Doodly and instantly slices his throat.* This is a form of power gaming because instead of me drawing out the fight and making it fun for both ends, I decide to slay him with no chance for Doodly to make his move.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jinny
8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi! My name is Thomas, and I've recently been very involved in roleplay servers as it's a unique experience that I believe everyone should try. I just got my license recently, so I've been driving around a lot. My favorite game as of the past few years has to be Hollow Knight, which is very close to the server's name. It's quite different though, as it's a metroidvania with a very unique and cool art style. It's based around the idea that everyone is a bug, making for exciting and fun boss fights against a dung beetle, moth, and a massive praying mantis, with more included of course. It's a highly beloved game and whoever may be reading this, I beg you to check it out!
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yes, I'd say I'm pretty good at building! I haven't done so in a long time though, so I'm hoping to get back into it.
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found it through minecraft-mp.com

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Ninito!
Character Age:
Character Race:
True Soolera
Appearance:
Ninito is the perfect definition of a True Soolera. He is well tanned, has dark grey eyes, and has robes with hues so bright and full of color they will give you a seizure!
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
"Oi mistah!" The young boy would holler, beginning to dangle his legs off the side of a llama clearly much to large for his small stature. "Wait up!" He'd yell, struggling to drop to the ground. The old man would turn at the sound of his feet hitting the cobble pathway, letting up a large cloud of dust as he sprinted to the elder. On arrival Ninito would hold up his pointer finger, giving himself some rest by placing his right hand on his knee. In between short gasps, he'd cough up, "Hey..! How'd yah hobble off... so fast..?" Ninito said, glancing up at the man's delicately carved cane.

"Hmph, mind your manners, you vemar!"

Though at first frowning at the insult, Ninito would quickly replace his gloomy look with a bright smile, placing his hands on his hips and, with chest held high, he'd blurt out, "Ha ha! El sir! Mah mum n' pops 'ave arrived at this small town! We're here tah trade yah see, and if mum said I could finish a deal, she'd let me continue leadin' the caravan!" At this he'd clasp his hands together, making them tremble ever so slightly for 'extra effect'. "So, will yah help me ser? Will yah? I got, er..." He'd unclasp his hands momentarily to fish for whatever resided in his pockets, hurriedly pulling out a multi-colored scarf that was far from graceful. "Pretty nice, eh!" The energetic boy would say proudly, gently showing it off to the elder. "Made it all by myself! It's real pretty, but a little messy... what do yah think?"

The man would look down at the child in thought, until he burst out into laughter, broken by Ninito's charismatic attitude. "What do I think...? I'll buy it! How much were you thinking, young one?"

The child's eyes would light up, as if on fire! "You will? Thank yah!" He'd throw his hands in the air, grasping on to the scarf, in a short victory dance. Soon after Ninito would place his chin between his thumb and pointer, scratching an invisible beard. "Price? I never even thought I'd get this far..." The old man would smile, and in response, say,

"Ah, no worries. Here, I'll give you this in exchange for that mighty fine scarf of yours." The man would take the frayed, shriveled cloth and in turn place a single, beautiful, golden coin in the child's outstretched hands. "Hopefully this'll cover it." The child didn't hear a single word though, as Ninito was far more engrossed in the gorgeously carved coin. "Well, you best be running back to tell your folks the news!" The boy would look up, snapping out of his entranced state.

"Right! Thank yah so much mistah!" He'd turn, going to speed back to the caravan, cheering and giving a few "Woo Hoo!" 's along the way. The boy would turn back to the man, pointing. "By the way sir!" His tone now serious. "I'll see yah again. I will be the biggest, richest man around by the next time yah see me, guarenteed!"

The man would smile, turning around, and walking off with the boy's first sale.

Attachments

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Could I ask you to dull the brightness on the robes a bit? I like the idea, but they're a bit bright, even for a Sooleran :p

bagelseed

Villager
Could I ask you to dull the brightness on the robes a bit? I like the idea, but they're a bit bright, even for a Sooleran :p
Can I try to find a new skin? I made that myself and I'm awful at skins. If that's the only reason can I be accepted now but change my skin when I find one? Hard to find a dark, white eyes, multicolored clothed boy.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
It's not a bad skin, just slap it into minershoes.com and adjust the hue for it

then delete the RE-HUED skin's white eyes and dark skinned, with the original skin under it, so that the new hued robes are on the original skin tone and eyes.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.