Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ban Appeal [Unbanned-Ant]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
(Posting today on the 25th, so when it gets looked at, it will at least be about two weeks since my ban.)

The two reasons i have been banned for are a case of strong Powergaming & Metagaming. I'll state in simple the two situations to provide context for anyone reading:

In reference to the PG, my Caparii character Tidus had cut off his tail without reacting properly, in a way it was not realistic, and impossible to do because you are cutting through some pretty major parts.

The MG, was Tidus quoting a sub-discipline of the magic branch Animancy, from >this< thread in role play, and of course that magic lore was not ICly public.

Now, to explain why i did it, and how i pinky* promise i'll be a good noodle and not do it ever again.

I had emoted cutting through his tail, i believe even talking to a character whilst do it, to gain information and continue through the horror island campaign, i personally think i did it because i was rushing to get to the good loot, like it were a race. I had also finished the emote before anyone called me out on it, continued to RP, thinking i could justify it in the future by just saying "oh my character is a Jishrimite, he has a different mental state oh" and i, for some reason, couldn't bring myself to emote him screaming/reacting as someone should.. cutting through bone after the fact i already RP'd him cutting it through and not reacting properly. (Un)surprisingly i didn't really know too much about the anatomy of a goat tail until i was told you're cutting through bone & severing some major things (i.e. muscle/bits like that). Later on he had his pinky severed and reacted accordingly because i realized my mistakes, as i do now, i realize how Tidus reacted to the severing of his tail (even worse, done by himself.) was incorrect, and impossible. I should have voided the RP and re-donediddlydid it with the character i was RPing with then and there. But i did not.

The MG, i own up to entirely as well, and should know better by now, being an active member for over 10 months, but i think this is one of the more major things of the two i need to address further than "yea i did it unban me now". I could go on about how it was an accident, and i 'didn't know', but that'd be lying. I said it IC, knowing there would be a risk of it being MG, and the consequences that followed and i did it anyways, especially if the person i was RPing with now somehow knew about a branch of magic because i brought that information IC.

I feel embarrassed for doing this, and when my friends ask me what i'm banned for, i do get a sense of shame when i tell them "Powergaming and Metagaming........................." then have to explain how i did it. I apologize for giving my character an unfair advantage, and i also apologize for nearly affecting otherwise whilst knowingly pulling information from an OOC lore page into roleplay, i take this punishment entirely seriously and i will be returning a better person of this community when the ban duration is up if this appeal does not pass. Thank you for the read.

.. see i put it in pink so you know i mean business

And then i proofread it.

Thank you for the appeal. In this letter you seem to demonstrate a desire to improve, and for that you should be commended. You openly acknowledge your mistakes, and that takes courage. Staff have decided to unban you. Welcome back!

Status
Not open for further replies.